Team V Pompey ??

toptoon

How would you line us up V Pompey?

It'll be dictated by injuries obviously, but with Given & Parker expected out and it probably still being to soon for owen and shola, atm i'd go:

Harper

Nobby  Taylor Gooch   Edgar

Milner   Butt   Emre     Duff

Dyer  Martins

Subs

Krul?

Hunty

Zoggy

Carroll

Luque/Le Sib

I'd definately look to bring on Carroll  (who seems to be in form and chomping at the bit for his chance), so if Dyer continues his lack of form bring Carroll on imo instead of Le Sib. Its also tough to say who's been worse out of zoggy and Duff so maybe start Duff and if he's crap again try Zoggy or heaven forbid even Luque.

Roeder will have to find room for Car no doubt : (

I don't think Carr has played badly, but why he is being preferred to left-back over an actual left-back - who isn't really that bad - i just don't know. We lack so much down that left hand side simply because of Carr's lack of pace and general ability. He can be a pretty crap player, but generally puts in steady performances, however - i just don't see why he has been cemented as one of the untouchables. Stephen Carr an untouchable at Newcastle United. It's insane, and it's the kind of mediocrity that we've come to expect Roeder to settle for.

Harper

Solano --- Taylor --- Onyewu --- Babayaro

Milner --- Butt --- Emre --- Duff

Martins --- Dyer

Subs: Srnicek, Moore, N'Zogbia, Pattison, Sibierski

Harper

Solano Taylor Edgar N'Zogbia

Milner Butt Emre Luque

Carroll Martins

Nonsencial to not put our best team out and make risks like that - when you consider if we win this game, we're potentially two points away from European qualification.

I don't think Carr has played badly, but why he is being preferred to left-back over an actual left-back - who isn't really that bad - i just don't know. We lack so much down that left hand side simply because of Carr's lack of pace and general ability. He can be a pretty crap player, but generally puts in steady performances, however - i just don't see why he has been cemented as one of the untouchables. Stephen Carr an untouchable at Newcastle United. It's insane, and it's the kind of mediocrity that we've come to expect Roeder to settle for.

Harper

Solano --- Taylor --- Onyewu --- Babayaro

Milner --- Butt --- Emre --- Duff

Martins --- Dyer

Subs: Srnicek, Moore, N'Zogbia, Pattison, Sibierski

Is baba fit? I just tend to forget about him nowadays, just assuming he's injured by default

Harper

Milner Butt Emre Luque

Carroll Martins

Nonsencial to not put our best team out and make risks like that - when you consider if we win this game, we're potentially two points away from European qualification.

Dyer is better than Carroll, obviously, but has been awful of late - that's the only 'risk' selection-wise. I'd rather play N'Zogbia at left-back than Carr or Babayaro, Edgar showed more potential in a couple of games than Onyewu ever has here, and Luque will certainly do no worse than Duff.

Guest andynufc84

Think Moore will partner Taylor, Solano RB and Carr LB

Midfield unsure of as its unclear who will be fit, I think Milner has got to start and I think Duff deserves his place as well. I think Butt will

definately play, then its between Emre and Parker. Martins and Dyer up front.

Harper

Milner Butt Emre Luque

Carroll Martins

Dyer is better than Carroll, obviously, but has been awful of late - that's the only 'risk' selection-wise. I'd rather play N'Zogbia at left-back than Carr or Babayaro, Edgar showed more potential in a couple of games than Onyewu ever has here, and Luque will certainly do no worse than Duff.

Edgar i'll give you - he's definitely looked assuring at centre-back and i'd like to see him there more.

N'Zogbia has not once played left-back in his Newcastle career. If he's too lightweight to play in the centre of midfield, i don't see how he is going to be much better as a defender. It's a huge risk, like i say, because he's never played there before and we don't know what he'll be like. You can say what you like - if you think he'll be better there, that's fine, that's your opinion - but we just don't know; and it's not the time to find out.

Carroll's never started a game for us and has spent his career in the academy, plus a few games in the reserves. And he's away from home. While Dyer, although in consistent, is one of those players that if you've got him in the team - you KNOW you have a chance of winning the game.

And Duff? I haven't liked him this season, but his last couple of games, he's been good. He faltered in the second half against Arsenal but it wasn't his fault he wasn't taken off. What's the point in dropping him just as he is beginning to perform, just as he is beginning to show his former form as a matchwinner? And for Luque? Bloody hell.

I think we'll agree to disagree, mate.

What have we got to lose? I say we go all out:

Given

Solano   Taylor   Moore   Carr

Milner   Parker

Dyer    Owen   Ameobi   Martins

:lol:

Harper

Milner Butt Emre Luque

Carroll Martins

Edgar i'll give you - he's definitely looked assuring at centre-back and i'd like to see him there more.

N'Zogbia has not once played left-back in his Newcastle career. If he's too lightweight to play in the centre of midfield, i don't see how he is going to be much better as a defender. It's a huge risk, like i say, because he's never played there before and we don't know what he'll be like. You can say what you like - if you think he'll be better there, that's fine, that's your opinion - but we just don't know; and it's not the time to find out.

Carroll's never started a game for us and has spent his career in the academy, plus a few games in the reserves. And he's away from home. While Dyer, although in consistent, is one of those players that if you've got him in the team - you KNOW you have a chance of winning the game.

And Duff? I haven't liked him this season, but his last couple of games, he's been good. He faltered in the second half against Arsenal but it wasn't his fault he wasn't taken off. What's the point in dropping him just as he is beginning to perform, just as he is beginning to show his former form as a matchwinner? And for Luque? Bloody hell.

Agree with most of that... except -

Zoggy has played LB before. Was crap there in all fairness, but he's played LB before.

As for Carroll he seems to be on form and he's scoring and wanting to take the step up, so if Dyer's still injured or is crap again then why not see how Martins does playing off a 'Big Man'  type Striker, it could really benefit him.

Is Moore fit? If he is, I'd partner him & Gooch in the middle and put Taylor left-back.

Bad idea imo

Why not play Martins in goal?

In all seriousness Taylor is our only good CB who is really on form, so why play him anywhere else but CB?

Harper

Milner Butt Emre Luque

Carroll Martins

N'Zogbia has not once played left-back in his Newcastle career. If he's too lightweight to play in the centre of midfield, i don't see how he is going to be much better as a defender. It's a huge risk, like i say, because he's never played there before and we don't know what he'll be like. You can say what you like - if you think he'll be better there, that's fine, that's your opinion - but we just don't know.

Actually he has played there before, admittedly not for an entire game, but he's capable of it. I don't expect him to be excellent defensively, but then i wouldn't expect that from Carr either, and Charles is bound to offer us more going forward.

I would start Sibierski before Dyer too, though. He just hasn't looked himself recently (or rather he has looked himself, according to some) and considering the injury he picked up the other day i'd much rather bring him on as an impact substitute when defender's legs being to tire.

There has been no significant improvement in Duff's game despite being given every opportunity of first team football - he's lost it, in my opinion. How about we give Luque a chance to show his former form as a matchwinner?

OK then, N'Zogbia's played there. But was gash and a genuine left-back is a better option. Probably even Carr, whose done alright lately.

Agree with the sentiment about Dyer, but starting Carroll is nothing but a risk, and this isn't the game to start him in. This is an absolutely key game and we need our best players playing.

Duff has improved - he played well against Sheffield United and Arsenal. Pointless dropping him - especially for Luque. Luque who has been absolutely shite in every single game he has played for us - he's a joke and it's a waste of a position to 'give him his chance'. He's gonna leave anyway.