Haven't had one of these in a while, but since summer is coming...

Guest smoggeordie

Isegrim, What do you think of Jansen from Gladbach?

I rate him very, very highly. A very talented player who can play in any role on the left, but recently said he wants to establish himself as a left back. Had a very good game against the Czechs recently. He would be a great signing and I think I said so on here in the past (I remember naming him as the best German prospect ahead of the U20 WC in 2005 on here).

I can't see him moving abroad yet though. It looks likely that Gladbach will get relegated and Jansen will move on, but there have already a couple of clubs expressed their interest, most notably Bayern and Bremen.

In:

Maxwell/Heinze/Baines - £4-7m

Nelson - £4m

Distin - Free

Woody - £5m

Sidwell - Free

Tuncay - Free

If there's leftover cash - a creative midfielder or/and young striker

Out:

Parker - could probably get about £4m for him (if we get sidwell in)

Bramble - anything really

Ramage - loan with option to buy

Carr - £1m

Loan out:

Edgar

Huntington (if we get cover)

Matty Patty

O'Brien

Troisi

LuaLua

Carroll (If we get cover)

Krul

+ other youngsters who need first team football to improve

Hmm, still dunno. I don't watch the academy games or anything like that, but he's still only 16 and i think it might be a bit reckless, giving him first team football at such a tender age.

But then... Roeder's obviously felt he is capable, what with his places on the subs bench. If Roeder didn't think he was up to it, he wouldn't have put him there.

Unsure though.

Wanted new RB couldnt think of one

Other options to Bridge

Emmanualson from Ajax

Roeder's already dismissed him saying that he "isn't better than what we have." (what a put down!)

Granted, I have to admit it is very difficult to think of realisitic quality options for left back right now. There just aern't many in Europe.

aye! And he looks like Matt Damon :D  He is a very understated footballer.

Funny thing is, Liverpool couldn't give him away 3 seasons ago. He had a really poor first season here, and they actively tried to get rid the year after, but Spurs (amongst others) turned down a chance to sign him for £1.5 mill.

Very true.  At a time when Arnesen was buying almost anybody and everybody who could kick a ball, turning down Finnan raised quite a few eyebrows even though he was hugely underrated at the time (and still is to a lesser degree).

What do people make of Volz? Could be a possible option at around £2-3m I'd imagine.

I've only seen him in few games. Didn't he play in a midfield role recently (and quite well). I just remember that he had some right shockers at right back last season. It was when he came back from injury though.

Rides a bike to work, a very sound professional guy, bit of a tree hugger apparently though.  :lol:

Gareth Bale looks like a great, great player in the making. I'd pay big akkers for him.

Overpriced and vastly unproved. Would much rather go for Baines.

If Bale does go to Man Utd, it will be as eventual replacement to Giggs in LM, the position Bale wants) rather than as a LB.  Spurs offered the same but if Utd offer an amount that is ok to Southampton, there will only be one destination, Bale idolises Giggs like Walcott does Henry.

If rumours linking Dani Alves to Arsenal are true maybe we should bid for Hoyte or Eboue.

I'm told that on ArsenalOnline.com Wenger said the reports in the Sun were not accurate.  Of course that interview may also show that he is a two faced lying ****** as well.

Guest smoggeordie

If rumours linking Dani Alves to Arsenal are true maybe we should bid for Hoyte or Eboue.

I'm told that on ArsenalOnline.com Wenger said the reports in the Sun were not accurate.  Of course that interview may also show that he is a two faced lying ****** as well.

:lol:

Gareth Bale looks like a great, great player in the making. I'd pay big akkers for him.

Overpriced and vastly unproved. Would much rather go for Baines.

If Bale does go to Man Utd, it will be as eventual replacement to Giggs in LM, the position Bale wants) rather than as a LB.  Spurs offered the same but if Utd offer an amount that is ok to Southampton, there will only be one destination, Bale idolises Giggs like Walcott does Henry.

I really don't understand the doubts about Bale. From what I've seen, it's a no-brainer. He and Richards would be a fantastic full back pairing, if any club is lucky to land them.