Tyne & Wear Derby Points 07/08?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like they are coming up, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they win the fuking thing now, quite an achievement considering their poor start.

No doubt they'll be buzzing, and i can see Quinn trying to push the team forward even more and spend the money they get for being back in the big time, in fact, i can even see them staying up this time round.

As for us, i can only see us going further backwards under the current lot, and the prospect of the return of our fierce rivals doesn't fill me with the the joy it should do.

they'll need to make a lot of transfers cos the players they have at the moment aren't good enough to survive in the premiership. and i don't mean spending a modest sum on over a dozen crap players, like they did last time. they would've been better off getting in 3 or 4 class acts rather than frittering away their budget.

they'll need to make a lot of transfers cos the players they have at the moment aren't good enough to survive in the premiership. and i don't mean spending a modest sum on over a dozen crap players, like they did last time. they would've been better off getting in 3 or 4 class acts rather than frittering away their budget.

Linked with Duff, Butt & Forlan, trying to call in old pals, no doubt they'll also get a couple of Manu fringe players on loan as well.

Linked with Duff, Butt & Forlan, trying to call in old pals, no doubt they'll also get a couple of Manu fringe players on loan as well.

if they pulled off transfers like that, i could maybe see them doing a Reading. they've got a mix of workers who aren't technically good enough for the premiership, and some technically good players who aren't physically good enough for top flight (leadbitter, connolly, edwards for instance)

How many times have they beaten us in the past 25 years?

won 4-1 17-04-2006

won 3-2 23-10-2005

won 0-1 26-04-2003

won 2-0 21-09-2002

won 0-1 24-02-2002

drew 1-1 26-08-2001

drew 1-1 21-04-2001

lost 1-2 18-11-2000

drew 2-2 05-02-2000

lost 1-2 25-08-1999

drew 1-1 05-04-1997

won 1-2 04-09-1996

won 1-0 25-04-1993

won 1-2 18-10-1992

won 1-0 29-03-1992

drew 1-1 17-11-1991

lost 0-2 16-05-1990

drew 0-0 13-05-1990

drew 1-1 04-02-1990

drew 0-0 24-09-1989

drew 0-0 08-04-1985

won 3-1 01-01-1985

mackems-3

draws-9

the toon-10

Guest the_guv_nor

6.... same ammount of points i would have expected from Watford, Sheffield and Reading at the start of the season.

6 points , thats my heart talking not my head

If they're owt like they were last season, it's your head.

However, i'm with whoever it was who initially said it in here - i reckon they'll stay up this time round.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

6 points , thats my heart talking not my head

If they're owt like they were last season, it's your head.

However, i'm with whoever it was who initially said it in here - i reckon they'll stay up this time round.

ill agree they seem much stronger and this time they have a decent"ish" manager , always knew they wouldnt last with macarthy, but tbh i reckon well have them f**king mackem wankers

Guest TinoInHiding

6 points for us

I'm sick of all this bollocks coming from the Mackems, who are in for a very rude awakening when they step up to the premiership standard of play.

They are luckily winning their games by an odd goal each week, and as they have proven time & time again, winning in the Championship means fuck all.

Can't wait to wipe the smiles off their faces next season....

Looks like they are coming up, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they win the fuking thing now, quite an achievement considering their poor start.

No doubt they'll be buzzing, and i can see Quinn trying to push the team forward even more and spend the money they get for being back in the big time, in fact, i can even see them staying up this time round.

As for us, i can only see us going further backwards under the current lot, and the prospect of the return of our fierce rivals doesn't fill me with the the joy it should do.

Calm doon man! We have Owen, Sidwell, plus new signings at the back (probably) There will be a big clearance sale in the summer with Luque, Emre, Bramble disappearing and hopefully Duff will clock off as well

"The best managers always hit the nail on the head. Obviously, Alex Ferguson. I would have looked to question him on certain games.

'I'd feel in my bones at United what the team might need on a certain day. And I'd have to say he was usually spot on. He came in and gave what was needed. Sometimes we'd need to be relaxed. Sometimes we'd need a bit of a gee-up. Usually, he came in spot-on. I'd be saying to myself, "This is what the team needs." I hope he comes in from that angle."

Interesting little insight. I wonder how many, if any, of the players would say the same for Roeder.