Another manager has a dig at Roeder

BottledDog

And boy does Harry not pull his punches.

Harry Redknapp believes Newcastle should be higher up the Premiership table with the players Glenn Roeder has at his disposal.

Redknapp will pit his wits against Roeder at Fratton Park on Saturday, with Portsmouth currently five points above The Magpies.

Roeder succeeded Redknapp as West Ham manager in 2001 but could not save them from relegation in 2003, and the Pompey boss has yet to be convinced by his record in management.

"When I left (West Ham) he took over and then suddenly they get relegated," said Redknapp.

"He's had a few other clubs like Gillingham and Watford, but West Ham were the best team ever to have been relegated in my opinion.

"Glenn has come back into management at Newcastle and got a good job.

"When Graeme Souness left, they put him in (caretaker) charge and after a couple of good results he got the job.

"But they have some great players there and looking at their squad they should be much higher.

"There is a lot of talent in the team, people like (Kieron) Dyer, (Scott) Parker, (James) Milner, Damien Duff. They should be right up there for what they have paid out."

Redknapp accepts that Newcastle have had rotten luck with injuries, but takes great satisfaction from the fact that Portsmouth have still had a better Premiership campaign.

"To be fair, they have had injuries throughout this season and when Michael Owen comes back it will be a big boost for them," he commented.

"But for us, being above teams like Newcastle, Blackburn and Manchester City is terrific. We certainly haven't broken the bank here."

David James, meanwhile, will be sporting a new clean-shaven look against Newcastle as he attempts to break David Seaman's record of 142 clean sheets in the Premiership.

The goalkeeper had initially vowed to keep his beard until the record was achieved, but conceding four at Watford, following late strikes by Fulham and Manchester United in previous games, has forced him into a rethink.

"It was beginning to get long and really wiry and I was beginning to look like Tom Hanks in Castaway," he said.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=460732&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=HARRY+UNIMPRESSED+BY+ROEDER

Becoming a regular occurrence this, and (even though they are clearly just trying to exploit his weak spot), the worst part is that it is hard to disagree most of the time. :buck2:

Guest eyeball_tickler

they found a flattering picture of redknapp to use i see.

it was just the other day he said almost the exact opposite about chris coleman.

Guest Stephen927

I'm trying my hardest but I just can't disagree with anything he's said. I don't think theres anyone better than Roeder though who would want this job though.

I'm trying my hardest but I just can't disagree with anything he's said. I don't think theres anyone better than Roeder though who would want this job though.

Well that is just farking ridiculous. Might as well give up and jack it all in if that's the case.

Nobody better than Roeder can be persuaded to manage Newcastle? My arse.

Becoming a regular occurrence this, and (even though they are clearly just trying to exploit his weak spot), the worst part is that it is hard to disagree most of the time. :buck2:

It is easy to disagree, Redknapp is full of s*** as usual. Anybody who thinks we have "great" players is talking out of their arse. With only one proper striker all season long it's hardly a surprise we are where we are in the league.

It is easy to disagree, Redknapp is full of s*** as usual. Anybody who thinks we have "great" players is talking out of their arse. With only one proper striker all season long it's hardly a surprise we are where we are in the league.

Owen,Martins,Dyer,Given=i think you can call these 4 great players

I forgot to mention Ramage too :crazy2: :crazy2:

I don't think the players will or should disagree with the factual content of Redknapp's statements. Their problem is to not let it affect their confidence. Roeder or no Roeder, they should still be able to string together a few passes and create a goal scoring opportunity.

Guest Bramble OG

It's called mind games, children.

How does this help Portsmouth though? Assuming the players are onside with Roeder this will do nothing more than fire our players up, infact it probley does it more so than anything Roeder could

Guest Alan Shearer 9

regardless of whether the comments are true or not, it's bad form and Redknapp shows he has no class. Hope we fucking hammer Pompey, not that it'll happen.

regardless of whether the comments are true or not, it's bad form and Redknapp shows he has no class. Hope we fucking hammer Pompey, not that it'll happen.

DIS.

Agreed.

It's an open secret there is history between the two regarding West Ham days.

Guest optimistic nit

pretty stupid comment in all honesty, although i wouldn't want to work for fred i know that.

AS9 i don't care whether its unproffessional or not, its the truth, and if the truth is unproffessional then so be it. We do have some great players in all honesty HTL, but were not going to get the best out of them here HTL. Just look at the pedigree Owen, Martins, Parker, Emre, Duff, Milner and Zog to some degree had before joining. I also have bullet in a bible, but haven't watched/ listened to it yet. i'll get back to you when i have lyke.

Guest optimistic nit

How does this help Portsmouth though? Assuming the players are onside with Roeder this will do nothing more than fire our players up, infact it probley does it more so than anything Roeder could

it could on the other hand make roeder see this as him vs redknapp rather than toon vs pompey. if that happens he/we could lose focus on the main aim (3pts), and it would be detrimental to our mindset going into the game.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

it could on the other hand make roeder see this as him vs redknapp rather than toon vs pompey. if that happens he/we could lose focus on the main aim (3pts), and it would be detrimental to our mindset going into the game.

Or it could just be a petulant child having a strop in public. The man looks 60 so he should know better than to make a tit of himself in public.

Not for me, as a group of players they should haver performed a damn sight better this season. And as for, "They should be right up there for what they have paid out", well sorry but he is right, the club has wasted stupid amounts of money over the years.