Wenger "Newcastle have the same potential as Arsenal,"

Guest nufc 4 life

I don't see what people mean when they say "the game has moved on".

We noticed.

yes, but unlike you I have noticed that Newcastle United have moved on from when they had a shit board. I wonder why that is ?

Wenger is wrong, we have FAR more potential than Arsenal who have already under his stewardship reached their zenith, save a Champion League winners medal. Where as NUFC hasn't had anywhere near the level of success Arsenal have enjoyed since the Edwardian days really. If we played football like Arsenal and were winning doubles, getting to Champions League finals and generally fulfilling our true potential, you could bolt an extra 30,000 seats and I still think there would be lock-outs. You could also add 10s of millions to the turnover.

absolutely. The mentality of a londoner, because thats where he's based, until he either comes here or something opens his eyes.

Just a shame we have a s**** manager, appointed by a s**** board.

You have supported Roeder being given a chance mate, like me, but can accept the task is looking increasingly beyond him.

He's tried though, but it doesn't make them a s**** board, for thinking he was worth a go, just like you and me and plenty others.

My choice - realistically - would have been Allardyce, as you know I wanted him when Robson went. I would prefer wenger though if we could get him to leave Arsenal.

Roeder looks nailed on to be the second successive failed appointment = s**** board. Especially as it will be their 4th failure in 5 attempts. Regardless of facts or opinion, that is a poor record and they can only get away with that typoe of record for so long. BTW I wasn't supportive of Roeder's appointment, I was pretty gutted, as the manager though, I support him but with every defeat and poor performance it is becoming very very hard to support this utter s**** we're being served up on a weekly basis now. Roeder is in danger of going down as a worse appointment than Souness which I personally thought was impossible, but unless he and the board can somehow tun things around massively he's heading the same way as the Scot and the board need to be held responsible when the inevitable happens because we as a club can't go on like this.

Roeder had a lot of good will, but he's destroying it through a combination of poor results, and ramblings to the press.

I can't honestly see the situation getting any better for him, unless he pulls a Bellamy and a Robert out of the hat, as those 2 players saved Bobby Robsons reputation and job at Newcastle too, because they totally transformed everything.

I wouldn't ever hate him the way I hate Souness, but I really don't want to have my memory of him as a good player, good captain, and a manager who gave it his best shot to be soured.

I am now of the opinion that they should look to make a change, and do it as soon as possible after the season is finished. And it goes without saying, that even though they back their managers - the value of which is seriously underestimated by lots of people on here - they will be under severe pressure and deservedly so if they get it wrong again.

Again? How much rope do you give them? Roeder will be their 4trh failure in 5 attempts NE5. That is an awful record and pretty much telling of their ability or rather lack of ability to deliver the right results for Newcastle United, which must be better than what we have witnessed too many times now. There comes a time in all our lives where the penny drops. For you and I the penny that Roeder is failing has dropped, we now accept, with heavy hearts, that he has to go, but what about the board?

For many, myself included, when Roeder fails, they won't deserve another crack at getting it right because they will have shown they are unable to get things right, 4 poor appointments in 5 will be all the proof needed to beat them over the head with, and that isn't mentioning all the other things. If a manager lives and dies by results, which we all accept is the fairest way, then so should those that appoint them.

When Roeder's time is up, so should the board's time be up. That is the only way forward for Newcastle United.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You must have vast experience of NUFC, I bow to your superior knowledge of all things connected to the club and the fact that the current board have ended our decades of glory which came to an end when they took over.

Wenger is wrong, we have FAR more potential than Arsenal who have already under his stewardship reached their zenith, save a Champion League winners medal. Where as NUFC hasn't had anywhere near the level of success Arsenal have enjoyed since the Edwardian days really. If we played football like Arsenal and were winning doubles, getting to Champions League finals and generally fulfilling our true potential, you could bolt an extra 30,000 seats and I still think there would be lock-outs. You could also add 10s of millions to the turnover.

absolutely. The mentality of a londoner, because thats where he's based, until he either comes here or something opens his eyes.

Just a shame we have a shite manager, appointed by a shite board.

You have supported Roeder being given a chance mate, like me, but can accept the task is looking increasingly beyond him.

He's tried though, but it doesn't make them a shite board, for thinking he was worth a go, just like you and me and plenty others.

My choice - realistically - would have been Allardyce, as you know I wanted him when Robson went. I would prefer wenger though if we could get him to leave Arsenal.

Roeder looks nailed on to be the second successive failed appointment = shite board. Especially as it will be their 4th failure in 5 attempts. Regardless of facts or opinion, that is a poor record and they can only get away with that typoe of record for so long. BTW I wasn't supportive of Roeder's appointment, I was pretty gutted, as the manager though, I support him but with every defeat and poor performance it is becoming very very hard to support this utter shite we're being served up on a weekly basis now. Roeder is in danger of going down as a worse appointment than Souness which I personally thought was impossible, but unless he and the board can somehow tun things around massively he's heading the same way as the Scot and the board need to be held responsible when the inevitable happens because we as a club can't go on like this.

Roeder had a lot of good will, but he's destroying it through a combination of poor results, and ramblings to the press.

I can't honestly see the situation getting any better for him, unless he pulls a Bellamy and a Robert out of the hat, as those 2 players saved Bobby Robsons reputation and job at Newcastle too, because they totally transformed everything.

I wouldn't ever hate him the way I hate Souness, but I really don't want to have my memory of him as a good player, good captain, and a manager who gave it his best shot to be soured.

I am now of the opinion that they should look to make a change, and do it as soon as possible after the season is finished. And it goes without saying, that even though they back their managers - the value of which is seriously underestimated by lots of people on here - they will be under severe pressure and deservedly so if they get it wrong again.

Again? How much rope do you give them? Roeder will be their 4trh failure in 5 attempts NE5. That is an awful record and pretty much telling of their ability or rather lack of ability to deliver the right results for Newcastle United, which must be better than what we have witnessed too many times now. There comes a time in all our lives where the penny drops. For you and I the penny that Roeder is failing has dropped, we now accept, with heavy hearts, that he has to go, but what about the board?

For many, myself included, when Roeder fails, they won't deserve another crack at getting it right because they will have shown they are unable to get things right, 4 poor appointments in 5 will be all the proof needed to beat them over the head with, and that isn't mentioning all the other things. If a manager lives and dies by results, which we all accept is the fairest way, then so should those that appoint them.

When Roeder's time is up, so should the board's time be up. That is the only way forward for Newcastle United.

Interesting comment re "4 out of 5".

Who else would you have appointed instead of Dalglish and Gullit, ref their track records, in particular Dalglish ? Do you or do you not think he had a track record second to nobody at the time he was appointed ? If so, how can you say he was a "failure", did you know he would be a failure.

We won't mention our first FA Cup final in 24 years either BTW. Nor the fact that if Shearer hadn't been injured it may have been a lot different.

A bit like Owen and Roeder too.  Who knows.

Its all well and good the likes of us going on about "failed" appointments with hindsight, but do you have the foresight to say who would be a guaranteed success next time round, and what criteria the club should use that they didn't apply when appointing Dalglish ? People constantly fail to understand the point that, when we had a shit board, managers of this calibre weren't interested in managing the club, even Newcastle supporters ie Bobby Robson and Howard Kendall.

Who else would you have appointed instead of Dalglish and Gullit, ref their track records, in particular Dalglish ? Do you or do you not think he had a track record second to nobody at the time he was appointed ? If so, how can you say he was a "failure", did you know he would be a failure.

We won't mention our first FA Cup final in 24 years either BTW. Nor the fact that if Shearer hadn't been injured it may have been a lot different.

Its all well and good the likes of us going on about "failed" appointments with hindsight, but do you have the foresight to say who would be a guaranteed success next time round, and what criteria the club should use that they didn't apply when appointing Dalglish ? People constantly fail to understand the point that, when we had a s*** board, managers of this calibre weren't interested in managing the club, even Newcastle supporters ie Bobby Robson and Howard Kendall.

Foresight isn't the best word to use when defending Shepherd, it just comes back to bite him on the arse when Souness and Roeder are brought into it.

Most had the foresight to know that these two appointments were never likely to work, the Chairman didn't.  2 of the appointments were good on paper, 1 worked out to a certain degree and 2 were always destined to fail.

Its all well and good the likes of us going on about "failed" appointments with hindsight, but do you have the foresight to say who would be a guaranteed success next time round, and what criteria the club should use that they didn't apply when appointing Dalglish ? People constantly fail to understand the point that, when we had a s*** board, managers of this calibre weren't interested in managing the club, even Newcastle supporters ie Bobby Robson and Howard Kendall.

Foresight isn't the best word to use when defending Shepherd, it just comes back to bite him on the arse when Souness and Roeder are brought into it.

Most had the foresight to know that these two appointments were never likely to work, the Chairman didn't.  2 of the appointments were good on paper, 1 worked out to a certain degree and 2 were always destined to fail.

Despite what people say now, there ARE a lot of people who thought that Roeder was worth a punt. You have to be honest, it isn't as if anyone stood and was an outstanding candidate and were available. I'm not one who particularly rates O'Neill BTW, i think he has proved nothing as yet whatsoever.

And there ARE people out there who did say that Souness should be backed with time and money to build his own team, now if they were against him from the start - as much as they say they were - they would never have said that.

Keegan was a good choice by him, Hall Jnr and Fletcher though, lets not forget that eh  ;) As was Robson.