Has anyone on here...

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

...ever cried over football?

When we blew the 12 point lead? 98 or 99 cup finals? Lisbon defeat?  etc

Be honest ;)

Aye.  At the 4-4 (7-6 pens) defeat to Charlton play-off final.  Hell of a game, which was typically lost.  T'was on my birthday as well.    :-[ :'(

how old were you at the time?

not tekkin the piss like but football isn't worth tears from a grown up

Many, many times.

The worst time ever, and I worse than any lass, was when Everton put us out the FA Cup QF's in 1995.  I really took it to heart, I really felt we were going to win the Cup, and all season I pictured myself walking up Wembley Way.  I was only 17, and I'd been to the pub with me dad, and I was mortal really, but I was unconsolable.  I cried non stop for about 25 minutes, shaking, everything.  What made it worse was Ruel Fox missed a sitter in the last minute.

Aye.  At the 4-4 (7-6 pens) defeat to Charlton play-off final.  Hell of a game, which was typically lost.  T'was on my birthday as well.    :-[ :'(

I was only 9 then like.  Not too bad is it?

Guest nufc 4 life

losing to barcelona in the champions league quarter final quite young at the time, but can still remember thinking we were sitting in a decent position after asprillas goals

I was only 9 then like.  Not too bad is it?

nah,thats acceptable

Guest smoggeordie

losing to barcelona in the champions league quarter final quite young at the time, but can still remember thinking we were sitting in a decent position after asprillas goals

Quarter final? It was the group stage.

Many, many times.

The worst time ever, and I worse than any lass, was when Everton put us out the FA Cup QF's in 1995.  I really took it to heart, I really felt we were going to win the Cup, and all season I pictured myself walking up Wembley Way.  I was only 17, and I'd been to the pub with me dad, and I was mortal really, but I was unconsolable.  I cried non stop for about 25 minutes, shaking, everything.  What made it worse was Ruel Fox missed a sitter in the last minute.

If it's any consolation going to Wembley with my dad to see us beat the mancs in the final is still one of my best ever days

Two Liverpool 4-3 losses I cried over, the first time in a room full of my friends and family (Man U and Liverpool fans every one of them) and the second time I was actually in Anfield, sitting amongst the Scousers with my family.

That Everton game Stevie mentioned, the 2-1 loss to Blackburn when Fenton the cunt scored twice, the Man U game we lost 1-0 the same season. Few others tbh. The Chelsea Cup semi in 2000 was probably the last time.

Hard to get to that point these days, or maybe I'm just older and able to deal with it better. You'd only really cry when it was a massive game though, and its been a long time since we came close to winning anything so it never gets to that point. Even Lisbon and in particular Alkmaar had such a sense of inevitability about it, you never felt we had the bottle to win it out. Relegation would probably do it though, God forbid.

Only other sporting occasion I've ever cried over was when Greg Norman blew up in the last round of the US Masters and lost it to Faldo.

Many, many times.

If it's any consolation going to Wembley with my dad to see us beat the mancs in the final is still one of my best ever days

I doubt it is, to be fair.  :lol:

Many, many times.

Aye, well I'm not arsed about Everton, but that day I wanted Manchester United to win the Cup Final, you see what made it even worse was, if Man Utd had've won they'd have went in to CWC, therefore freeing up a UEFA Cup berth for the 6th placed toon. :(

Whatever happened to that cunt that hit the bar?  Joe Parkinson, aye that's him, sort of defensive midfielder.

The last time I cried over football was probably England v Germany at Euro 96.  I'm hardened to disappointment now, I expect the toon to fuck up, because they always do, so I'm never as disappointed these days.  Pisses you off when you think fans of sides like Chelsea and Man Utd don't appreciate the winning anywhere near as much as we would.

I was close to it after the Lisbon game if I'm to be honest. Can't remember if I actually let any tears out but I just sat there silent, in shock, for about 20 minutes after the final whistle not speaking to anyone else or looking at the TV.

Pisses you off when you think fans of sides like Chelsea and Man Utd don't appreciate the winning anywhere near as much as we would.

Tell me about it.

One of my best friends, a Man U fan, said to me about a year or so ago

"I'm just sick of supporting Man U. I mean, we've won what in the last few years? FA Cup a couple of times and been finishing 3rd mostly. I mean, what good is that?"

He was deadly serious too.

Wanted to kill him.

Should have, now that I think of it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"I cry all the time. Not just watching football, but when I see a young child in the street and think one day he could grow up to be the next mother teresa" HTT