Edgar - off he goes

mrmojorisin75

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I've not seen it, so:

Edgar is in the Chronicle yesterday saying Roedebot wants him to go out on loan next season 'cause he'll not get the first team opportunities at SJP.

Might as well send Charlie N'Zog, Jamie Milner and Stevie 'The Boy' Taylor with him eh?  Should make enough room in the squad to extend Moore's & Bramble's contract another year, bring in a couple of players the calibre of Steven Carr & Babayaro as cover for, er, Steven Carr & Babayaro.  We could pick up another bargain like Duff to cover for N'Zog (perhaps Harry Kewell?) and Milner (oh I don't know, I'm running empty on facaetious by now).

The Guardian football website nicknames us NUCC (Newcastle United Comedy Club) and it's not hard to see why is it?  Our manager is systematically undermining and demoralising the young talent (arguably the best pool of kids after Arsenal) we've got coming through from the Academy we spent millions on setting up, whilst the chairman that appointed him and set up the Academy backs him to hilt in the face of poor results and performances!!!

Honestly sometimes I think I'm dreaming this sh!t....somebody help me please.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

In tea leaf reading mode, this might indicate he is prepared to sign a new contract and happy to go out loan - if he thought he could play first team Premiership football he'd simply allow his contract to expire?

Guest Phil K

Roeder is a p*ss poor manager, certainly not premier standard - yet most season ticket holders are going to renew.

Utter idiocy.

Shepherd will do NOTHING unless his pocket is threatened.

I urge a boycott. >:(

As long as we purchase a few defenders to make up, if possible, a whole new back four, I don't see the problem.

We should be looking to loan out our most promising youngsters, rather than using them because of injuries/ineptness of other players before they're ready to be used.

It would be good for him to get some real week-in, week-out style experience.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

In tea leaf reading mode, this might indicate he is prepared to sign a new contract and happy to go out loan - if he thought he could play first team Premiership football he'd simply allow his contract to expire?

He's been offerred a new contract, Roeder said a couple of weeks ago.

Roeder also said that Edgar, Huntington, Krul, Pattisson and Carroll will all get periods off on loan next season if they cant get near the first team due to new arrivals.

Thes people only get near the first team if 12+ players get injured, so I see no problem with this. They could probably be recalled too in emergencies.

Woah Woah take a step back.... What is wrong with sending edgar out on loan.  Was only a few months ago every one said loan all the young players out.

Come on why do you have to say everything glen does is bad.  But we all be thankfull he has left a scouting system when a new manager comes in.

ps

Mainly added at phil k seriously i need to know why you are pissed off at this story!

problem is that this kid is 20 years old, was thrown in a couple of times and proved himself more than capable of playing at that level

it echoes n'zogbia's treatment in us signing duff, milners in sending him out on loan and then trying to sell him to villa to buy mark "pies" viduka with the money

you show me a newcastle fan who would rather start next season with carr/babayaro/moore/bramble in the defence ahead of edgar and i'll show you a fucken idiot

problem is that this kid is 20 years old, was thrown in a couple of times and proved himself more than capable of playing at that level

it echoes n'zogbia's treatment in us signing duff, milners in sending him out on loan and then trying to sell him to villa to buy mark "pies" viduka with the money

you show me a newcastle fan who would rather start next season with carr/babayaro/moore/bramble in the defence ahead of edgar and i'll show you a fucken idiot

Yeah i was expecting him to be buying a new right back.  Obv if it was carr or him its him.

Nah, Carr, Moore, Bramble... all got loads of development left in them.

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I've not seen it, so:

Edgar is in the Chronicle yesterday saying Roedebot wants him to go out on loan next season 'cause he'll not get the first team opportunities at SJP.

Might as well send Charlie N'Zog, Jamie Milner and Stevie 'The Boy' Taylor with him eh?  Should make enough room in the squad to extend Moore's & Bramble's contract another year, bring in a couple of players the calibre of Steven Carr & Babayaro as cover for, er, Steven Carr & Babayaro.  We could pick up another bargain like Duff to cover for N'Zog (perhaps Harry Kewell?) and Milner (oh I don't know, I'm running empty on facaetious by now).

The Guardian football website nicknames us NUCC (Newcastle United Comedy Club) and it's not hard to see why is it?  Our manager is systematically undermining and demoralising the young talent (arguably the best pool of kids after Arsenal) we've got coming through from the Academy we spent millions on setting up, whilst the chairman that appointed him and set up the Academy backs him to hilt in the face of poor results and performances!!!

Honestly sometimes I think I'm dreaming this sh!t....somebody help me please.

Fuck me. What a load of pish.

I don't have any problem with this at all.

Glad he appears to be signing a new contract, glad he is going to get some competitive experience, and glad that we are clearly confident enough that we will have more than adequate cover in defense after the transfer window to allow him to go. :thup:

Guest Stephen927

If he's not getting the opportunities here, I see no problem in him going out on loan to a lower league club.

Guest NIToon

Great opportunity for the youngster particularly if he is getting regular football.  If the squad is improved in the summer it is unlikely he would make the first team as a regular so this would give him an opportunity to shine.

jesus - why do you have to actually spell everything out to people on this board like they're fucken children?

i have a problem with it because i would rather see edgar stay and be part of the defence next season than any of the people i mentioned above (carr/baba/moore/bramble) because i believe he is better than any of them NOW

now obviously if we ship all the crap we have in the defence and go and sign good, competent, fit defenders  - and we'd need more than four of them by the way - then fine let edgar get a bit of experience

but you all know we won't...we'll be forced to watch whichever of the above named balloons roedebot decides to keep, plus ramage who everyone on here just loves to slate...we already have thin numbers in the squad and you monkeys are happy to see it get thinner are you?

tell me the plus side again please?  i just don't see it - people on this board have been crying for edgar to play leftback for months and now we'll just ship him out on loan 'cause we're living in glenns football manager fantasy land where he has the ability and financial clout to overhaul the defence this summer

f@cks sake man

jesus - why do you have to actually spell everything out to people on this board like they're fucken children?

i have a problem with it because i would rather see edgar stay and be part of the defence next season than any of the people i mentioned above (carr/baba/moore/bramble) because i believe he is better than any of them NOW

now obviously if we ship all the crap we have in the defence and go and sign good, competent, fit defenders  - and we'd need more than four of them by the way - then fine let edgar get a bit of experience

but you all know we won't...we'll be forced to watch whichever of the above named balloons roedebot decides to keep, plus ramage who everyone on here just loves to slate...we already have thin numbers in the squad and you monkeys are happy to see it get thinner are you?

tell me the plus side again please?  i just don't see it - people on this board have been crying for edgar to play leftback for months and now we'll just ship him out on loan 'cause we're living in glenns football manager fantasy land where he has the ability and financial clout to overhaul the defence this summer

f@cks sake man

To be honest if you can't see why sending a young defender out on loan to get some first team experience is a good idea then you need stuff spelt out to you like a child.

Hopefully we will sign a few defenders in the summer and we will have the opportunity to loan Huntington and Edgar out. If we don't then we don't loan them and use them as cover which isn't ideal but would have to do.

Not rocket science.

To be honest if you can't see why sending a young defender out on loan to get some first team experience is a good idea then you need stuff spelt out to you like a child.

Hopefully we will sign a few defenders in the summer and we will have the opportunity to loan Huntington and Edgar out. If we don't then we don't loan them and use them as cover which isn't ideal but would have to do.

Not rocket science.

That's exactly right, Roeder might be an idiot, but he's not completely fucked in the head - at the start of the season Huntington was all lined up to go on loan to Plymouth but Roeder called it off when he realised we wouldn't be signing any defenders - and good thing too because we relied rather heavily...

If we get defenders in and we can afford to loan Edgar out, well and good (for all parties). If not, then he'll stay and be considered part of the squad. And going on the Huntington situation, and that Roeder has allegedly already told Edgar he will be loaned out, then Roeder must be pretty confident reinforcements will be coming in - and considering we will be losing three central defenders, at least that many will have to come in for Edgar to go out on loan...

But then again, I'm hoping Roeder gets booted ASAP, and the new man can make his own decisions on who shall stay, who shall go and who goes out on loan

f@cks sake man

Not rocket science.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

this is my worst nightmare, what don't you get?

i'm saying next season we should be PLAYING him man, PLAYING him....

in your wildest dreams do you think we'll EVER go through a season without many injuries in the squad?  well then when all the replacements glenn magics up out of thin air pick up injuries we'll be playing other youth/reserve players as cover 'cause edgar will be somewhere else

tell me, please, what do you see happening with our defence next season that'll mean we can afford not to have this kid in the squad?  the fact is he should be in the team NOW, most people seem to think that from what i can see...

Eh? Put him in the team NOW as we have nobody else. Next year I hope we'll have someone better, he's a kid.

There is always the possibility of recalling loan players in extreme situations too, i'm sure you realise that...