Do you feel worse....

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheOrder

Under Roeder, or did you feel worse under Souness?

Personally, yes, I feel worse now. At least when we were doing poorly under Souness we looked like we cared (the supporters). Most of the lads I speak to now, are very apathetic about the club.

Even though we are in a slightly better position (leauge wise) now, I'm ashamed of the shit Roeder is coming out with. Blaming the supporters etc. At least Souness had a fucking backbone.

Under Roeder, or did you feel worse under Souness?

Personally, yes, I feel worse now. At least when we were doing poorly under Souness we looked like we cared (the supporters). Most of the lads I speak to now, are very apathetic about the club.

Even though we are in a slightly better position (leauge wise) now, I'm ashamed of the s*** Roeder is coming out with. Blaming the supporters etc. At least Souness had a f****** backbone.

I think that mostly because our season ended a month ago at Alkmaar. They will be passionate again come august.

Guest andynufc84

No way, Souness was my worst time personally as an NUFC fan.

I like Roeder as a bloke and I want him to do well, but I just don't think he has it in him. Souness on the other hand

was just horrible. People have short memories if they can't remeber what happended when he was here - he almost destroyed the club.

Aye, Tomi's right. I'm equally as apathetic now than i was when we were finishing the season under Souness.

The Souness era was just a joke tbh. Was madness. Roeder's been bad but i don't think he was as bad as Souness. He ain't even spent owt yet. If Roeder blows another £35m on shite like Souness did, we'll probably be off down without a doubt, because the managerial skills were probably more evident with the Scot than with Ratty.

Which is unbelievable. We appointed someone worse than Souness. :lol:

Guest TheOrder

I like Roeder as a bloke and I want him to do well, but I just don't think he has it in him. Souness on the other hand

was just horrible. People have short memories if they can't remeber what happended when he was here - he almost destroyed the club.

I know what he done mate, point wise, look where we are now, finishing in almost the same place as Souness first season man.

Roeder is no better. Not a jot.

Souness at least had a plan. It backfired, but you could see what he was trying to do. We had a rebel left-back so signed Babayaro. Can't remember too many complaints at the time. We needed a Woodgate replacement. We signed Boumsong. Again, can't remember many people moaning at the time. Comes to the summer time, we need a new look in midfield...he signs Emre & Parker. Robert went so spent almost £10m on a full Spanish international as his replacement, and to top it off, signed Owen for £16m. It went horribly wrong, but you could see what he was trying to do. Roeder on the other hand, I haven't got a f*cking clue where he's going with the squad and what his objectives are.

Guest andynufc84

I know what he done mate, point wise, look where we are now, finishing in almost the same place as Souness first season man.

Roeder is no better. Not a jot.

I don't really care, I was never happy with Souness at the helm

We are a mid-table club with an average manager, Roeder is doing the job that I expected he would.

I'm not happy with the way things are, but I'd rather have Roeder than Souness any day.

To be honest - i liked Souness more as a bloke than i do Roeder!

Can't see how that's possible.

Souness was a complete prick, Roeder is just incompetent and losing it a bit with the pressure so he's starting to say stupid things.

Souness was a prick from the get-go, who put himself and his own agendas before the good of the team. Roeder hasn't done that.

Souness was a complete prick, Roeder is just incompetent and losing it a bit with the pressure so he's starting to say stupid things.

Souness was a prick from the get-go, who put himself and his own agendas before the good of the team. Roeder hasn't done that.

Souness bent over backwards to make sure N'Zogbia was alright after his dad died.

Roeder mocked Boumsong in front of a couple of hundred fans at a talk-in while still a player after having a few family problems of his own last year.

Souness bent over backwards to make sure N'Zogbia was alright after his dad died.

Roeder mocked Boumsong in front of a couple of hundred fans at a talk-in while still a player after having a few family problems of his own last year.

Aye, he also bent over backwards to ensure that he drove our best player to boiling point so he'd have an excuse to drive him out of the club, just cos he didn't like the guy.

Souness at least had a plan. It backfired, but you could see what he was trying to do. We had a rebel left-back so signed Babayaro. Can't remember too many complaints at the time. We needed a Woodgate replacement. We signed Boumsong. Again, can't remember many people moaning at the time. Comes to the summer time, we need a new look in midfield...he signs Emre & Parker. Robert went so spent almost £10m on a full Spanish international as his replacement, and to top it off, signed Owen for £16m. It went horribly wrong, but you could see what he was trying to do. Roeder on the other hand, I haven't got a f*cking clue where he's going with the squad and what his objectives are.

...don't think he has either.

Souness felt at the time we were a stronger line-up with Shearer & Kluivert/Ameobi up front with Bellamy on the right. Bellamy spat his dummy out and Souness dealt with it. The fact that Kluivert & Ameobi as the second strikers scored 23 goals between them that season must show something?

Guest andynufc84

Souness had a plan? You must be joking.

We played the worst football i've ever seen under him as a toon supporter. The shady deal to bring Boumsong here, how much money did other parties pocket from that deal? Also the Craig Moore deal.

The bloke was a complete disgrace to this football club and himself, utterly shocking. The worst man manager we've ever had.

He didn't have a clue how to manage modern fotballers.

I'm not saying I want Roeder at the helm, but all i'm saying is that I would take what we're doing over Souness any day.

Me and all.

You hear people spouting this "Roeder's a nice guy, but.."  How is he a nice guy?  Where is evidence of this?

Personally, I think the guy is a tool and I feel worse with him manager than I did when Souness was.

Under Souness i always had hope he would get sacked but under Roeder i just cant see an end to this shambles.

FS has commented a few times about the injury situation so i think he has lapped up Roeders excuses and is gonna give him another season.

This injury excuse really pisses me off because most of the injured players like Carr,Bramble,Babayaro,Duff,Ameobi ect ect shouldnt even be in our starting 11.

Me and all.

You hear people spouting this "Roeder's a nice guy, but.."   How is he a nice guy?  Where is evidence of this?

Personally, I think the guy is a tool and I feel worse with him manager than I did when Souness was.

I did think he was a decent bloke when he first came here but now after a season of his shit i cant fucking stand the twat. Even when we win i cant watch his post match interviews, He bugs me that much.

Worse now as i'm becoming apathetic, i'm starting to care less and less about Newcastle, as i know the only way out is going to be long, and at the best hovering mid-table mediocrity, so atleast if i distant myself slightly, i won't be as bothered. However, i've still got a season ticket, and i will still have one next season, i know it's stupid, but it can't be helped, a one man boycot doesn't seem the right path.

Another major difference was that there were quite a few occasions where we lost/drew games and there were harsh decisions, played well etc (Fulham 1-4, Wigan 0-1, Blackburn 0-1, Boro 2-2). Under Roeder however, we're getting similar results and there's absolutely nothing to cling on to whatsoever.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

People who are sasying it's worse now than under souness are stupid mardy cunts and need to get a fucking grip.

Guest TheOrder

People who are sasying it's worse now than under souness are stupid mardy c***s and need to get a f****** grip.

Mardy ;D

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The football, shit as it is, is better than under Souness. That's all that needs to be said. Some people either have very short memories or they're just plain thick.