restoring deleted items

andy_w_1986

any help here would be great, my predicament is that i deleted what i thought to be a link to some music on 'winrar' under the belief that what i deleted would stay in my 'itunes' and fully work. well once i pressed delete it came up and said "not enough space in recycle bin, delete permanently?" so i clicked ok. well i then shat my pants and went back to itunes to check it was still ok and it turns out i totally deleted to source of this music not just a sortcut, the links the the songs within itunes are still there but when i click on them it says "unable to find the source".

if anybody knows how i could go about restoring this lost data it would be greatly appreciated as it is a huge collection of classics which i dont think ill ever be able to obtain again.

cheers in advance.

any help here would be great, my predicament is that i deleted what i thought to be a link to some music on 'winrar' under the belief that what i deleted would stay in my 'itunes' and fully work. well once i pressed delete it came up and said "not enough space in recycle bin, delete permanently?" so i clicked ok. well i then shat my pants and went back to itunes to check it was still ok and it turns out i totally deleted to source of this music not just a sortcut, the links the the songs within itunes are still there but when i click on them it says "unable to find the source".

if anybody knows how i could go about restoring this lost data it would be greatly appreciated as it is a huge collection of classics which i dont think ill ever be able to obtain again.

cheers in advance.

Do a google on "undelete software" but get something quick as you may be writing on top of the files you want to restore.

• 1 month later...
Guest j.smith1981

You could try windows system restore that brings back old files I've personally found it quite reliable tho does stop working if you move back and forth, personally I'd say avoid that at all costs moving back and forth to keep ur system clean from crap