Andrew Carroll

Guest haseeb

Guest haseeb

hey guys///i didnt see da match against portsmouth...but frm wat i hav heard dis guy played really well..wat i wanted to knw was tht do u think he is good

hey guys///i didnt see da match against portsmouth...but frm wat i hav heard dis guy played really well..wat i wanted to knw was tht do u think he is good

"bablefish said nooooo...."

You want shot for that post.  :rolleyes:

Bit harsh, he is from Karachi.

You want shot for that post.   :rolleyes:

Its Karate you posh twat!

Guest smoggeordie

...and the Racism keeps on coming from Dave  ;)

I hope he can develop his physics a little bit more in the next 1-2 years

He is tall,not very fast rather slow actually but can be a target man

If he works on his finishing and keeping the ball he can be useful if Martins and Owen are still here in 2 years time

Also i hope that Roeder will give him a proper chance to prove himself and not like Luque situation

I hope he can develop his physics a little bit more in the next 1-2 years

He is tall,not very fast rather slow actually but can be a target man

If he works on his finishing and keeping the ball he can be useful if Martins and Owen are still here in 2 years time

Also i hope that Roeder will give him a proper chance to prove himself and not like Luque situation

I've heard he already has a steady grasp on the workings of the universe, so I think he'll be alright. :laugh:

In seriousness, I see your point and I agree with what you're saying. He'll need to beef-up a fair bit if he can, but he's definitely tall enough to be considered a modern target-man.

Carroll is decent,but i don't think he should get in the first team (yet)

We should send him on loan to some championship side next season,so he can gain some first team experince,then lets use him as our target man the season after,he is only 18 you know and putting him in the first team will put him under alot of pressure,espically if its our first team.

Guest Darth Toon

I was quite pleasantly surprised with him - decent first touch and retained possession well - shame we couldn't get some decent crosses into the box to see if his aerial ability matches his height....

Guest smoggeordie

Think theres about 4 Andy Carroll threads that have been made over the last 2 months.

Only 999,996 to catch up with Luque then....  :lol:

Anyone going to say how well Carroll did?

I was away all weekend missed the game totaly no radio or oot, didnt even see MOTD. So howay lads how was he?

From what others have said since the game he held the ball up well and knew how to play the simple ball well. I seem to remember someone saying he nearly put Martins through very soon after he got on the pitch.

In all honesty I can't see how Carroll would get many games in a Championship club. He is still raw, and very young. Surely Championship clubs could get older and more experienced players like Dean Windass or George Hosfield who would do a similar job?

I am not too keen for Caroll giong to League 1 or League. I reckon the gulf of quality is too big and last thing I want to see is Carroll adapting himself to League 1 football.

Ligue 1 on the other hand  :coolsmiley:

In all honesty I can't see how Carroll would get many games in a Championship club. He is still raw, and very young. Surely Championship clubs could get older and more experienced players like Dean Windass or George Hosfield who would do a similar job?

In a lower-standard Championship club he could perhaps get some games. But since I've never seen Carrol play nor do I watch a lot of Championship football, I really haven't got a clue