Houllier

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

One of my scouser mates said that in his local newspaper there was something about Houllier being cited out to work WITH Roeder.

Apparently the rat worked with Houllier when he was at Liverpool on some sort of scouting basis. f****** hell that might explain the signings of Cisse/Martins. Two players of the same ilk, both fast but with LITTLE talent.

A mental idea to cover Fat Fred's incompetence.  :cheesy: I'd prefer it if we got rid of the rat completely and just brought Houllier in.

No touch, no movement.  FACT!

Sometimes poor touch and movement but he doesn't have none at all. To claim he has NO talent is just pathetic and the tedious link this poster has used just to get a dig in shows how pathetic he can be.

"I hope to be able to make a key appointment in terms of scouting in the very near future," he said. "I think there will be more of a European flavour about our set-up."

That has got me thinking now.

Guest Gemmill

No touch, no movement.  FACT!

Sometimes poor touch and movement but he doesn't have none at all. To claim he has NO talent is just pathetic and the tedious link this poster has used just to get a dig in shows how pathetic he can be.

Most of the time, poor touch and movement.  That's my final offer!  Take it or leave it!

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

Sorry I mean little talent, ie can run dead dead fast and can kick a football dead hard too.

Is that better?  O0

Guest TheOrder

Sorry I mean little talent, ie can run dead dead fast and can kick a football dead hard too.

Is that better?  O0

Nein.

Guest Gemmill

Some might say the same about the fellow you quoted there mr. gejon as well...

Some might...

Some might just say what they see instead of ignoring the evidence before them.  Some might live in Norwich and have very little in the way of evidence to go by. :cheesy:

Guest Navman

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv...-name_page.html

..Meanwhile, Liverpool’s hopes of selling Djibril Cisse to Marseille for £8m look increasingly forlorn.

Cisse has not been a success on loan in France. He’s due to return to Liverpool for pre-season, unless Benitez can shift him on to someone else.

Cisse was signed for £14m by Gerard Houllier, who is rumoured to be under consideration for the Newcastle United job.

If that comes off, Liverpool will hope he still rates Cisse as highly as he did when he smashed the Anfield transfer record.

Houllier has been linked with a pairing with existing St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder - who he tried to appoint to the Anfield staff during his final year in charge and used on several scouting missions for Liverpool in 2004

Give Martins some proper support from an attacking partner and a good midfield and then we can really judge. Someone made a good point recently about how he basically has to do it all when he receives the ball so sometimes rushes or takes on that one player too many.

Basically I am more than happy with his first season here.

Some might say the same about the fellow you quoted there mr. gejon as well...

Some might...

Some might just say what they see instead of ignoring the evidence before them.  Some might live in Norwich and have very little in the way of evidence to go by. :cheesy:

Some might have a point...some might be madly biased by their love for some.... :buck2:

I'm wondering if Houllier is Roeder's unnamed foreign source whom he consults whenever he wants to find out how good a player he knows nothing about is...

This theory should be confirmed when we sign Anthony Le Tallec, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Djibril Cisse, and Djimi Traore during the summer.

Like the sensible ones have said, Martins does have poor touch/movement the vast majority of the time but is hardly helped by usually being paired with a duff partner and while playing in a team who averages something awful like 4/5 shots on target per game. Not to mention it's his first season in English football, his age, and all that stuff that could also be used to defend him.

He's not brilliant, he's not the quickest player in the world, he speaks like a baby mouse, but he's done pretty fucking well for us this season and I genuinely hope he continues to get better and better. 17 goals in this team - with this manager - isn't exactly poor, is it? All of the other stuff aside... some of his goals have been of astonishing quality, as well, absolutely unparalleled strikes some of them.

I'm miles away from being his biggest fan, as I'm sure people know, but some of the criticism he gets is fairly unjust - although people like Gemmill and others have raised concerns about his intelligence/passing/control/movement, which I think are perfectly reasonable ones to have about a bloke who plays football for a living and gets paid a fortune to do so... and who cost £10m. He will undoubtedly thrive in a settled team with a solid defence and with a good partner alongside him, he has shown what he can do when given the right service. If he works on the poorer aspects of his game then he could become world-class, but it's a long-shot, although his touch/control isn't as bad as some make out - sometimes the ball sticks to him like glue.

My basic point here is that you don't have to be hysterical about him either way - just be happy that he's been here this season, otherwise things might have been far, far worse than they are right now. I don't understand the jizzfest over him as much as I don't understand people who think he's utter shite. He's a good player, though - and should only get better - which will move him up to the level of an "excellent" player. I just worry that by being too mental about him either way: i.e. "OMG he iz better than Rooney" or "Fucking hell he's shite isn't he... sell the cunt"... will do him more harm than good. Let's keep it real, eh?

I'm wondering if Houllier is Roeder's unnamed foreign source whom he consults whenever he wants to find out how good a player he knows nothing about is...

This theory should be confirmed when we sign Anthony Le Tallec, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Djibril Cisse, and Djimi Traore during the summer.

Wrong. It will be confirmed when we sign Karim Benzema, Anthony Reveillere and Eric Abidal this summer.

:cheesy: