PFA Players of The Year

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I am being honest I would vote Christiano Ronaldo for both awards. But taking politics into account then perhaps Drogba as player of the year and Ronaldo young player of the year would be more appropriate, after all it is always a close call between Drogba and Ronaldo this season. Both scores vital goals, both are unstoppable, both are easily tripable.

I am actually surprised that Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard are included in the list. Granted they have been sterling this season, I thought Frank Lampard deserves the nomination more than them. Lampard scored 21 goals for Chelsea this season. Regardless of how he fare for the national team in the premiership Lampard is as good if not better than anyone except Drogba and Ronaldo.

Essien and Carragher deserve the nomination more than any 2 of Gerrard, Fabregas and Giggs.

And I aint having Ronaldo taking both awards. Ya he can have the main one but not the young one when theres a perfectly viable alternative (By which I mean a City player) available.

I cannot believe Lennon has made the list. Absolutely ridiculous.

are you kidding? he's got 3 goals and 7 assists in 18 starts and that for someone whose end product doesn't always match his incredible ability to move the ball forward quickly. all in all i'd say his inclusion is well deserved.

Essien and Carragher deserve the nomination more than any 2 of Gerrard, Fabregas and Giggs.

And I aint having Ronaldo taking both awards. Ya he can have the main one but not the young one when theres a perfectly viable alternative (By which I mean a City player) available.

A perectly viable, but not as good, alternative.

I cannot believe Lennon has made the list. Absolutely ridiculous.

are you kidding? he's got 3 goals and 7 assists in 18 starts and that for someone whose end product doesn't always match his incredible ability to move the ball forward quickly. all in all i'd say his inclusion is well deserved.

There are players who deserve it more than him. Newcastle have been shite this season, but surely Milner and Oba should be in with a shout if Lennon's in? Lita hasn't scored for a while but this is done over the season, not current form. Don't know if either Foster or Carson qualify for young player of the season but they've both done very well. RvP has had a great season despite missing a lot of games, and Agbonlahor's emergence this season has been impressive. Having said that, Spurs get bummed so much I'm surprised that Berbatov didn't make the list.

Guest brewer

Giggs has won POTM twice, thats why he's in it. He's had a superb season.

Essien has spent too much of the season faffing about at centre back to be nominated.

Carragher, just no.

If Ronaldo wins the main award by default he should take the young one also. Common sense.

Giggs has won POTM twice, thats why he's in it. He's had a superb season.

Essien has spent too much of the season faffing about at centre back to be nominated.

Carragher, just no.

If Ronaldo wins the main award by default he should take the young one also. Common sense.

Essien has been quality this season and the "Carragher, just no" stinks of believing the media hype over the likes of Terry and Rio. Carragher is a class centre back and has done really well again.

Guest brewer

Media hype nonsense.

I think Terry and Carragher are both overrated, Terry in particular since he's your typical English brawn over brains centre back. I also think they have an easier job than Rio or Woodgate since they play in highly defensive sides with numerous defensive midfielders in front of them, as oppsed to Ferdinand who plays in a highly attacking team where basically everyone gets forward bar the two centre backs, or Woodgate a highy rubbish one.

tbf Carragher does amuse me with his annual spastication vs Thierry Henry.

Essien was superb in midfield, then he moved to centre back and was rubbish, decent at right back.

I can't imagine they'll give Cristiano Ronaldo both awards - although, as brewer says, it's common sense that if he's the senior player he should be the young player too, it's just not politically expedient.

Therefore I believe the winners will be either Drogba & Cristiano Ronaldo, or Cristiano Ronaldo and either Rooney or Richards.

Would be funny to see the golden boy, labelled the biggest thing in English football since forever, getting an up-and-comer award :lol: