Which non-top 4 club has the best wingers?

James

Wingers have always played an important role in good attacking teams, especially Newcastle United. I'm interested to see which clubs others feel possess top class wingers.

Personally, I would say Blackburn Rovers, judging on form over this season.

On paper us, but in reality definately not.

Duff & N'Zogbia

Milner & Solano

should be in a team pushing into the top 4, but..

Duffs had a poor season with a lot of injuries, same for N'zogbia (how many goals/assists have these 2 had combined?)

Milners had a pretty good season, few goals and some assists, crossing still to be worked on but he's got time. Solano has spent much of the season at RB.

Wingers have always played an important role in good attacking teams, especially Newcastle United. I'm interested to see which clubs others feel possess top class wingers.

Personally, I would say Blackburn Rovers, judging on form over this season.

But if the latest rumours are to be believed, MG Pedersen could soon be on his way to Old Trafford as a replacement for Giggs, I think he is good enough for that.  Not certain where that would leave Gareth Bale in Fergie's thinking, out of the reckoning??  Would be nice to think so.

us, then blackburn then no-one. I suppose tottenham should get an honorable mention, but Malbranque isn't an out and out winger in any shape or form.

tbh, including Liverpool & Arsenal in this wouldnt change much.

Newcastle Utd

:lol:

On paper aye :D

On paper we now have 3 wingers (4 if you count Solano, but as he is now a right back, i wouldn't).

How can that be the strongest?

Dyer.

Awaits head explosion.

At the start of the season I would have said us... shows how much I know.

If Duff, Dyer, Milner and N'Zogbia played to their full potential, then it would most definitely be us, but in reality it's most definitely not. I'm not sure we can consider Nobby there now, unless a right-back is incoming this summer, or Roeder starts picking Carr there if we sign a left-back.

Newcastle Utd

On paper we now have 3 wingers (4 if you count Solano, but as he is now a right back, i wouldn't).

Dyer.

Awaits head explosion.

Central midfielder, surely?

And if he IS classed as a winger, it doesn't exactly strenghten the argument that we have the best wingers, as his ability is very poor out there. He's an average Premiership central attacking midfiedle,r granted, but he ain't no winger.

Newcastle Utd

if you realize my sarcasm... it is about... on paper of winger quality that we have it's not about quantity... which it's true... many people was predicted how good the quality winger that we have duff, zog, dyer, milner.... who doesn't rate them when this season was started???? but when season already nearly finish ...we all know... the don't fulfill their potential... right???

Newcastle Utd

if you realize my sarcasm... it is about... on paper of winger quality that we have it's not about quantity... which it's true... many people was predicted how good the quality winger that we have duff, zog, dyer, milner.... who doesn't rate them when this season was started???? but when season already nearly finish ...we all know... the don't fulfill their potential... right???

like i said, i wouldn't have Dyer as a winger, never have. He's a central player.

Newcastle Utd

like i said, i wouldn't have Dyer as a winger, never have. He's a central player.

whatever then...

as mentioned - it should be us with zoggy/duff/milner/nobby/dyer - but we're just plain s***....

No idea why, but for some reason this comment absolutely creased me!

Still laughing now..

But if the latest rumours are to be believed, MG Pedersen could soon be on his way to Old Trafford as a replacement for Giggs, I think he is good enough for that.  Not certain where that would leave Gareth Bale in Fergie's thinking, out of the reckoning??  Would be nice to think so.

Is Gareth Bale talented enough to be the next Giggs? I doubt it. Giggs and Ronaldo at this age are already world beater, I think Bale still has someways to go. Unless he improves dramatically I don't think Ferguson would see him heir to Giggs. Surely after Ronaldo, Ferguson would rather a proper class winger to succeed Giggs? Arjen Robben could have come but he was stolen by Chelsea. I think Nani of Sporting Lisbon is a better candidate then Bale.

Stick Bale to left back, he will be a world class left back better than Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole eventually.

Is Gareth Bale talented enough to be the next Giggs? I doubt it. Giggs and Ronaldo at this age are already world beater, I think Bale still has someways to go. Unless he improves dramatically I don't think Ferguson would see him heir to Giggs. Surely after Ronaldo, Ferguson would rather a proper class winger to succeed Giggs? Arjen Robben could have come but he was stolen by Chelsea. I think Nani of Sporting Lisbon is a better candidate then Bale.

Stick Bale to left back, he will be a world class left back better than Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole eventually.

I love your crazy bold statements :lol: