Talk of an N'Zogbia Transfer request

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

Ameobi green light for returnApr 17 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Shola Ameobi will make his Newcastle United comeback in tonight's game with Middlesbrough Reserves at the Riverside Stadium.

And also included in the United side will be Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Charles N'Zogbia and Saturday's top man Andy Carroll.

This means all five of them will be under scrutiny tonight in view of Sunday's game with Chelsea at St James' Park.

United did not expect to see Ameobi back in a black-and- white shirt this season after he flew off to Colorado for a hip operation in November.

And what Ameobi would give to be involved against Chelsea - a team he has always loved playing against.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Bramble, of course, grabbed the winner against the champions in the final game of last season at St James' Park - a goal that meant United qualified for the InterToto Cup and eventually the UEFA Cup.

With no contract offer on the table, Bramble must know deep down that he will not be at St James' next season, but the ball is very much in the former Ipswich defender's court as far as Sunday is concerned.

Roeder is unlikely to turn to Craig Moore after the way the Aussie let the water in at Portsmouth, and Oguchi Onyewu looks just short of what is needed in the hurly-burly of the Premiership.

Moore and Charles N'Zogbia were the two players substituted by Roeder in the first half at Fratton Park and given an interval blasting by the United boss.

The word from the N'Zogbia camp is that the midfielder was not happy and there is even talk of a transfer request.

But it is questionable as to who would want to pay money for N'Zogbia after what he has produced this season.

At this moment Newcastle United is probably the best club N'Zogbia is going to get, and he should look at the way the careers of his compatriots Didier Domi and Laurent Robert nose-dived as soon as they left St James' Park.

N'Zogbia has to show he wants to play for United - starting at the Riverside tonight.

Guest smoggeordie

Ameobi green light for returnApr 17 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Shola Ameobi will make his Newcastle United comeback in tonight's game with Middlesbrough Reserves at the Riverside Stadium.

And also included in the United side will be Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Charles N'Zogbia and Saturday's top man Andy Carroll.

This means all five of them will be under scrutiny tonight in view of Sunday's game with Chelsea at St James' Park.

United did not expect to see Ameobi back in a black-and- white shirt this season after he flew off to Colorado for a hip operation in November.

And what Ameobi would give to be involved against Chelsea - a team he has always loved playing against.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Bramble, of course, grabbed the winner against the champions in the final game of last season at St James' Park - a goal that meant United qualified for the InterToto Cup and eventually the UEFA Cup.

With no contract offer on the table, Bramble must know deep down that he will not be at St James' next season, but the ball is very much in the former Ipswich defender's court as far as Sunday is concerned.

Roeder is unlikely to turn to Craig Moore after the way the Aussie let the water in at Portsmouth, and Oguchi Onyewu looks just short of what is needed in the hurly-burly of the Premiership.

Moore and Charles N'Zogbia were the two players substituted by Roeder in the first half at Fratton Park and given an interval blasting by the United boss.

The word from the N'Zogbia camp is that the midfielder was not happy and there is even talk of a transfer request.

But it is questionable as to who would want to pay money for N'Zogbia after what he has produced this season.

At this moment Newcastle United is probably the best club N'Zogbia is going to get, and he should look at the way the careers of his compatriots Didier Domi and Laurent Robert nose-dived as soon as they left St James' Park.

N'Zogbia has to show he wants to play for United - starting at the Riverside tonight.

Worst c+p attempt ever tbh

Sad news really if true but it seems to be just more second guessing from Anal again. If he does want away then there is nothing we can do about it, but I would refuse to sell him to another English club, last thing I want to see is him turn out to be an awesome player for Wenger.

Typical piece of pre-emptive propaganda by Oliver on behalf of his mate. Wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish at another club after leaving in a cut price deal now (it will be telling to see who plays left-wing on Sunday with Duff out). And I can't believe the amount of excuses that have been made for Duff from Roeder and others yet it's ok to question the form of a kid who isn't even 21 yet and has had his first team opportunities hampered by a combination of injury, dodgy selections and a more senior player in his favoured position. I would be gutted but not surprised if he left.

Guest icemanblue

So much for the all the talk of him being the 'future of Newcastle United'.

Hypocrite? Roeder? Surely not?!

Guest Invicta_Toon

perhaps Roeder could already see he was turning into a precious cunt, and was trying to inspire some loyalty in him?

really is laughable when people think they know a player from what they see for 90 minutes every other week, when the manager sees every aspect of his life

Guest johnson293

Typical piece of pre-emptive propaganda by Oliver on behalf of his mate. Wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish at another club after leaving in a cut price deal now (it will be telling to see who plays left-wing on Sunday with Duff out). And I can't believe the amount of excuses that have been made for Duff from Roeder and others yet it's ok to question the form of a kid who isn't even 21 yet and has had his first team opportunities hampered by a combination of injury, dodgy selections and a more senior player in his favoured position. I would be gutted but not surprised if he left.

Agree with the above.

More rediculous journalism by our local correspondent.

He must really have the needle with N'Zogbia, after being the only one of the 3 or 4 players to be named yesterday, he is now accused of putting a transfer request in - all on the say so of a 'source within the club'....which one, HP, Daddys?????

Whether there is truth in either, it shouldn't be speculated in the local press - leave that tot the fleet street vultures!

MJ

Guest icemanblue

perhaps Roeder could already see he was turning into a precious c***, and was trying to inspire some loyalty in him?

really is laughable when people think they know a player from what they see for 90 minutes every other week, when the manager sees every aspect of his life

I couldn't give less of a shit about what he's like off the pitch. As long as he comes up with the goods (which, admittedly, he hasn't being doing recently) on the pitch. He is obviously more than capable of recovering his previous form and i, for one, would rather see his manager go than him.

Or Louis Saha

perhaps Roeder could already see he was turning into a precious cunt, and was trying to inspire some loyalty in him?

Yes, our outstanding manager is definately the right man to make judgements on players, and is clearly capable of identifying and fielding the right players.

For the first point, loads of professional footballers are wankers, so what if he is too?

2nd point, those people would know a lot more about said player than you wouldn't they?

Guest Invicta_Toon

If you all think it would be just grand to play a player who from one week to the next you werent sure was loyal to the club or was committed to the cause that's fair enough. Fucking daft if you ask me

If you all think it would be just grand to play a player who from one week to the next you werent sure was loyal to the club or was committed to the cause that's fair enough. Fucking daft if you ask me

So we should only play those who we KNOW are loyal or committed? So thats about 3. We're going to get tonked, every week.

This.

Best prospect we've had in ages.

Maybe family circumstances + being away from home + losing his mates (Boum) has all got to him though. Still worth a start ahead of Duff.

Anal's had in for him for a while i reckon. I remember him going on about Zog 'putting his pet lip on,' etc.

They'll be pr1cks on here going on about how he'll want to go to Arsenal because of the French connection, completely ignoring the fact that they are a far better club in all aspects (except the fans, of course!)

If you all think it would be just grand to play a player who from one week to the next you werent sure was loyal to the club or was committed to the cause that's fair enough. f****** daft if you ask me

So we should only play those who we KNOW are loyal or committed? So thats about 3. We're going to get tonked, every week.

Starting line-up to include Peter Ramage, Lee Clark and Steven Taylor

If you all think it would be just grand to play a player who from one week to the next you werent sure was loyal to the club or was committed to the cause that's fair enough. f****** daft if you ask me

Starting line-up to include Peter Ramage, Lee Clark and Steven Taylor

Given, Ramage and Taylor. Clark is too creative for Roeder.