Academy Closing?

Crumpy Gunt

Has not had a good reputation though has it? I have heard stories of kids just going back to their boys clubs rather than stay at the academy.

still though every top club should have an academy, maybe a revamp instead of closeing it would be best.

Has not had a good reputation though has it? I have heard stories of kids just going back to their boys clubs rather than stay at the academy.

still though every top club should have an academy, maybe a revamp instead of closeing it would be best.

Aye, that's where I was going - if the Academy is sub-standard, then surely we should improve it rather than give up on it! Beggars belief...

Aye, that's where I was going - if the Academy is sub-standard, then surely we should improve it rather than give up on it! Beggars belief...

Disgrace! Why the hell can't it be improve. It's not like we're loaded, we could really do with generating some talent for next to nothing.

Guest Invicta_Toon

well we can only recruit from the city, and the boys clubs have always been good at what they do

Guest TheOrder

Not that I'm aware, alot of lads have been released due to reaching the maximum age for the academy, and not being needed for the reserves.

They've actually just had an influx of lads in the academy. Strange:s

Not that I'm aware, alot of lads have been released due to reaching the maximum age for the academy, and not being needed for the reserves.

They've actually just had an influx of lads in the academy. Strange:s

I hope you're right and what I was told is wrong, though I would trust the person who told me.

Guest NIToon

It's supposed to be one of the best academys in the country, certainly one of the most productive when you see some of the academy lads that have made the step up to the first team with great credit this season.

It's supposed to be one of the best academys in the country, certainly one of the most productive when you see some of the academy lads that have made the step up to the first team with great credit this season.

Such as?  Apart from Krul and Edgar (Too early to judge them as well)  They are all absolute garbage.

Such as?  Apart from Krul and Edgar (Too early to judge them as well)  They are all absolute garbage.

carroll and huntington arnt too bad, and LuaLua and Troisi are quite good too