how much £££ do you think we have for the summer transfer window?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gemmill

No offence at all, but you may as well have asked how long is a piece of string.  None of us have the first clue.

£5-£10m

Just about enough to sort out a defence if we are shrewd in the market.

Shrewd! Um, you know who's making the decisions, don't you? mackems.gif

In fact, considering we need three centre halves minimum, not including assorted fullbacks, strikers and midfielders PLUS the fact it's Roeder doing the buying, I think we're going to need about 50 million quid!

"Computer says no..."

Guest stormrider

No offence at all, but you may as well have asked how long is a piece of string.  None of us have the first clue.

how long is a piece of string  :rolleyes:

Okay two seasons ago the club lost £12m having spent a net £20m on players.

This season we look to be losing about £20m having spent net £10m on players.

Sadly we cannot afford anything at this rate. WE have to borrow money to spend and who will lend us money ? We already took next year's sponsorship money form Northern Rock to pay for Owen, so taht bit's missing as well. (For the benefit of anyone who suspects I'm just putting the club in a bad light, sorry)

Okay two seasons ago the club lost £12m having spent a net £20m on players.

This season we look to be losing about £20m having spent net £10m on players.

Sadly we cannot afford anything at this rate. WE have to borrow money to spend and who will lend us money ? We already took next year's sponsorship money form Northern Rock to pay for Owen, so taht bit's missing as well. (For the benefit of anyone who suspects I'm just putting the club in a bad light, sorry)

So are you saying we will probably not spend "net" anything this summer?

I'll tuck into the old hat with a knife and fork if that happens, whether the cash is there or not.

Strange I know but I want to say > £20m, despite all our various debts.  One last roll of the dice by Shepherd.  The development deal goes through and we'll get some kind of loan based against future returns from it as well as the new Sky money, sales of players and maybe a judge eats a dodgy lasagna and decides to rule in favor of us against the FA.  Can't explain it but I have a feeling there'll be a war chest there for Roeder to misspend.

Of course £20m won't be able to buy what £20m once did. 

Strange I know but I want to say > £20m, despite all our various debts.  One last roll of the dice by Shepherd.  The development deal goes through and we'll get some kind of loan based against future returns from it as well as the new Sky money, sales of players and maybe a judge eats a dodgy lasagna and decides to rule in favor of us against the FA.  Can't explain it but I have a feeling there'll be a war chest there for Roeder to misspend.

Of course £20m won't be able to buy what £20m once did. 

I've voted for over £20m as well.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you were proved right, FFS must know that there isn't a million miles to travel to get get from where you are now to looking at top 6 and better.  Better manager, more depth to the squad (which includes some current ist choice players becoming squad players).  FFS has the first bit in his hands, the second could well be resolved by £20m+ net additional spending. 

The problem is that most other clubs with similar aspirations could be spending similar figures.  I'm told that Spurs are making £35m available for the forthcoming window.  Whether it gets spent is debateable, finding the players is one thing, getting them to sign ahead of the competition is another.  No doubt in my mind they can afford it though.