Boro Vs Newcastle reserves

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Shola Named In Strong Reserve Side

SHOLA Ameobi will continue his return to full fitness when he lines up for Newcastle United Reserves against Middlesbrough on Tuesday night.

Lee Clark also includes Titus Bramble, Charles N'Zogbia and Peter Ramage in his line-up for the short trip to the Riverside Stadium (kick-off 7pm).

It will be Ameobi's first competitive game since undergoing surgery back in November to cure a long-standing hip problem.

United field the following side: Fraser Forster, David Edgar, Chris Shanks, Kris Gate, Peter Ramage, Titus Bramble, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi, Charles N'Zogbia.

Subs: Mark Bertram, Alex Francis, James Marwood, Kazenga LuaLua, Jonny Godsmark.

Boro's second string go into the game knowing victory will take them to the top of the table.

They include experienced Spanish international midfielder Gaizka Mendieta in the following squad: Turnbull, McMahon, Wheater, Grounds, Bennett, Franks, Walker, Mendieta, Porritt, Hutchinson, Thompson, Saiko, Hillerby, Smith, Steele.

------------------------------------------------

Anyone else going to this? Me and Rocker are popping down. Apparently they're expecting a few thousand including a hefty chunk of toon fans. Lad on Toon Ultras reckons the fans are being split up tonight, i've never seen that at reserves before.

Why no Luque??

Given his world class performance (one pass) the other day there is no way we can risk him in a reserve match.

With Duff injured and zoggy in the reserves i think Roeder might play Luque on Sunday

Doubt it. Zoggy is probobly in the reserves to build up some form for Sunday.

Guest smoggeordie

Wouldn't it be funny as fuck if Luque chipped in with a few goals and 4 MOTM performances to thrust us into Europe :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

fair one, enjoy the hassle ;) if we see a load of chavs making a scene i'll know its u they're hassling

Haha, aye. Me and Rocker vs 1000 mutants. like Shaun of the dead :lol:

fair one, enjoy the hassle ;) if we see a load of chavs making a scene i'll know its u they're hassling

Nah the mutants manage to get a full attendance in the winchester in sean of the dead ;)

Guest smoggeordie

Nah the mutants manage to get a full attendance in the winchester in sean of the dead ;)

Got to love parallel PM and forum convos :lol:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1012531,00.html

HALF TIME LATEST - MFC 1 NUFC 3

ANDY Carroll's first-half hat-trick sees United lead their Teeside rivals by three goals to one going into the break.

Charles N'Zogbia almost gave United the dream start with a forecful run and low shot after 32 seconds, but Boro keeper Ross Turnbull was equal to the Frenchman's 20-yard effort.

Shola Ameobi's first involvement was to send a downward header wide of the target from just inside the area after N'Zogbia has swung over a cross from the left in the 9th minute.

But it was the hosts who had the best chance to take the lead when Gaizka Mendieta picked out Joseph Bennett unmarked less than 60 seconds later, but the Boro full-back failed to get enough purchase on his header from eight yards out and a relieved Fraser Forster was able to gather comfortably.

It wasn't long before United were back on the attack, Ameobi latching onto Carroll's 12th minute flick, but the ball wouldn't drop for the striker and when Boro cleared as far as Pattison on the edge of the area the South African could only direct his left-foot shot wide of Turnbull's goal.

Carroll limped from the field in the 25th minute to receive treatment to a leg injury, and it looked as if the 18-year-old striker's evening was over.

But within just 60 seconds of a gingerly return to action, the Gateshead-born frontman had put the Magpies in front with a bullet header from Matty Pattison's left-wing flag-kick.

And Carroll (29) nodded his second within a minute of the restart, stooping inside the six-yard box to head David Edgar's centre into the bottom corner for his 9th second string goal of the season.

Boro halved the deficit through centre-forward Stephen Thompson (32), his fizzing 20-yard shot nestling beyond a despairing Fraser Forster.

But Carroll completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time after Ameobi was fouled in the area by a sliding Josh Walker.

The in-form frontman stepped up to lash left-footed high into the net and take his tally for the season to double figures.

Guest jazzfido

ANDY Carroll's first-half hat-trick sees United lead their Teeside rivals by three goals to one going into the break.

But within just 60 seconds of a gingerly return to action, the Gateshead-born frontman had put the Magpies in front with a bullet header from Matty Pattison's left-wing flag-kick.

And Carroll (29) nodded his second within a minute of the restart, stooping inside the six-yard box to head David Edgar's centre into the bottom corner for his 9th second string goal of the season.

Carroll completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time after Ameobi was fouled in the area by a sliding Josh Walker.

The in-form frontman stepped up to lash left-footed high into the net and take his tally for the season to double figures.

Who needs Owen?

I really hope we can afford to loan Carroll next season for a Champinship club. He should get as many first team matches as possible next year to continue his development.