Chelsea at home - your line up

Skirge

Guest smoggeordie

Gooch

Krul Martins Godsmark Butt

Bramble Cavener Lualua Bramble

Bramble  Shearer

'Biting' implies someone is fishing.

Yorkie, are you happy to pay Luque millions of pounds over the next 18 months in return for nothing? Even if you think he's incapable of producing anything in a Newcastle shirt, we must now put him in the shop window for these last few games. Who knows, if he does perform and we appoint a manager who actually possesses some man management skills in the Summer, he may yet be a relative success here. At very least it will let potential suitors know he's still alive. We have nothing to lose.

Well tbh if we are going to throw Carroll in then we might aswell throw the only guy in our team who can put decent cross's in,Luque

We got nothing to lose,he got alot to prove,at least throw the fucker in and lets judge him by the next 3 or 4 games..

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Roeder started Luque on the left.

My personal feeling have been made clear many times, and clearly Roeder doesn't rate him either, but with Duff out for the season and all the rumblings about The Zog's future... It will be interesting to see which way Roeder goes.

Of course, there's the option of shuffling the pack, with Milner on the left, Solano on the right, Carr at right back and one of Babayaro/Huntington/Ramage at left back. Extraordinary lengths to go to just to keep N'Zogbia and Luque out of the team - par for the course for Roeder!

Roeder will do ANYTHING To keep Luque off the pitch,its been like this all season (on a postive note,we did manage  to see half of the reserves team play just so Luque dosn't play)

Intrested to see if he is going to use the same tactics on N'Zogbia..

Guest VegasToon

I will go ahead and do it.  Owen to start, why?  Roeder has to do something to take the attention off of him.

Harper

Nobby  Taylor  Gooch  Edgar

Milner  Parker  Emre  Dyer

Carroll  Martins

Subs

Krul

Baba

Butt

Luque/Zoggy???? If he starts playing the way he can i'd start him

Ameobi

LW is a tricky choice as Duff's out, Zoggy and Dyer are crap atm and Milner seems to be our only decent winger atm so keep him and Nobby on the right as they work well together. Decided to opt for Dyer although if Zoggy is loking sharp i'd put him in. Maybe even Luque if looking sharper than than Dyer or Zoggy although i'm not a fan.

---------------Harper-----------------

-Taylor---Bramble--Moore---Carr--

-Dyer----Butt----Parker-----Ameobi

--------Carrol------Sibierski-------

They will give 110% for the club!!!!

Well looks like Dyer and Babayaro will be back for this game, like to see what Glenn does now. I will do my nutt if he drops Zogg and plays Dyer wide left though. No point risking Dyer with a start, bring him on from the bench late on.

Luque

Solano  Gooch  Taylor  Carr

Milner  Butt   Emre  N'Zogbia

Carroll     Martins

Luque

Solano  Gooch  Taylor  Carr

Milner  Butt   Emre  N'Zogbia

Carroll     Martins

:lol:

Harper

Solano Taylor Moore Baba

Dyer Parker Emre N'Zogbia

Carrol Martins

Luque

Luque - Luque - Luque - Luque

Luque - Luque - Luque - Luque

Luque - Luque

I might put Alberta on the bench too, could be handy in the late minutes with his vision and skills...

damn.... you beat me for a second there :lol:

First of all Centre back partnership must be Steven Taylor and Onyewu, this partnership should of been given a run by Roeder and not Craig Moore coming in and out the side, why play Moore when he has already stated he will be leaving in the Summer? N'Zogbia now must be given a run in his favored Left Wing position now with Duff injured Roeder might be disappointed with N'Zogbia performance away against Portsmouth last week but he was given a bizarre role by Roeder himself. Up front the emergence of Carrol gives us a "Centre Forward" option also with Sibierski struggling with injury and Dyer woeful performance in his last match at St James against Arsenal we might see Carrol pushing Dyer for a starting role alongside Obefemi Martins on Sunday.

i would pick...

Harper

Solano  Onyewu  Taylor  Babayaro

Milner   Parker  Emre    N'Zogbia

Martins   Dyer

Onyewu and Taylor in theory would be best against the Strength and Ariel ability of Drogba, our Captain should be fit to compete against Lampard hopefully it will go as well as it did when Parker came up against Steven Gerrard at St James, for me Emre inclusion is vital we need his variation of passing, Dyer and Martins movement will need the passes of Emre and Solano to thrive in this game.

Bench

Krul

Bramble

Butt (70 mins on for Emre)

Luque

Sibierski (70 mins on for Dyer)

Can't tell whether people are on the wind-up or not tbh.

If they're serious, they all want shot. ;)

People STILL going for Parker/Emre in the middle are the one's that need to be shot.

Still beyond me is that one.

The Emre-Parker thing will work if Roeder finally give up on trying to turn Parker to "Our Gerrard"

Playing Parker as a DMC,Emre As or Attacking Midfielder,might work

But whats happening now is that Parker is playing in a free role,same goes for Emre

Harper, Srnicek, Solano, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Moore, Ramage, Butt, Parker, Milner, Emre, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll.

From the squad that was announced I'd go with a 4-3-3 for this match....

Srnicek

Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr

Solano, Butt, Emre

Dyer, Martins, Zog

Subs

Harper

Onyewu

Milner

Carroll

Luque

I think we'll need some physical power at the back in this game and we need players in the midfield who can pass the ball. I think Solano has been great at RB and I wouldn't really want to move him, but for this game I'd like to see him in midfield tucking in a bit playing narrow, same with Emre. We need to keep the ball better in a game like this. I want to see Zog on the left side of a front 3 but I'd really like to see all of the front 3 trying to be mobile and interchanging to give them something to think about. They have good defenders and if we just chuck high balls at them all day we'll get nowhere imo.

If we lose I'd be happier losing trying something different in an attempt to surprise them and win the game than lose playing 1 up front and going for a 0-0 in the typical Roeder style. If we want to go for the width and high ball stuff we can change it with the subs. Even the waster Luque MAY do something if he came on in a game like this in a 4-3-3.

No. I haven't been drinking.

Makes sense in theory, HTL, it does. However - the centre-back prospect of Bramble and Moore just frightens me in all honesty. Moore was utter dross against Portsmouth, and we all know what Bramble's like. And a Drogba-Bramble 'battle' makes me piss myself really, with laughter.

Also, with Nobby, Souness tried that and it didn't work.

However, like i say, the side works in theory. And if Chelsea play with two strikers, they'll play narrow, and we'd counteract that - on paper anyhow. And to be fair, Luque made his trade at Deportivo on the left side of a 4-3-3, so you're right there...

What's with Pav in goal, though? :lol:

The Emre-Parker thing will work if Roeder finally give up on trying to turn Parker to "Our Gerrard"

Playing Parker as a DMC,Emre As or Attacking Midfielder,might work

But whats happening now is that Parker is playing in a free role,same goes for Emre

No. It won't. Never ceases to amaze that people bang on about Parker as a defensive midfielder when he has no attributes of a quality defensive midfielder. There is more to it than effort and sweat.