Chelsea at home - your line up

Skirge

Makes sense in theory, HTL, it does. However - the centre-back prospect of Bramble and Moore just frightens me in all honesty. Moore was utter dross against Portsmouth, and we all know what Bramble's like. And a Drogba-Bramble 'battle' makes me piss myself really, with laughter.

Also, with Nobby, Souness tried that and it didn't work.

However, like i say, the side works in theory. And if Chelsea play with two strikers, they'll play narrow, and we'd counteract that - on paper anyhow. And to be fair, Luque made his trade at Deportivo on the left side of a 4-3-3, so you're right there...

What's with Pav in goal, though? :lol:

Harper gives me the shits, man.

The Emre-Parker thing will work if Roeder finally give up on trying to turn Parker to "Our Gerrard"

Playing Parker as a DMC,Emre As or Attacking Midfielder,might work

But whats happening now is that Parker is playing in a free role,same goes for Emre

No. It won't. Never ceases to amaze that people bang on about Parker as a defensive midfielder when he has no attributes of a quality defensive midfielder. There is more to it than effort and sweat.

Tbh.

Parker's more likely to devlop/adapt* into an attacking centre-mid than he is a defensive midfielder. However he'll do neither under the coaching set up we've got at the moment.

*Adapt from whatever the hell he actually is at the moment.

Harper, Srnicek, Solano, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Moore, Ramage, Butt, Parker, Milner, Emre, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll.

From the squad that was announced I'd go with a 4-3-3 for this match....

Srnicek

Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr

Solano, Butt, Emre

Dyer, Martins, Zog

Subs

Harper

Onyewu

Milner

Carroll

Luque

I think we'll need some physical power at the back in this game and we need players in the midfield who can pass the ball. I think Solano has been great at RB and I wouldn't really want to move him, but for this game I'd like to see him in midfield tucking in a bit playing narrow, same with Emre. We need to keep the ball better in a game like this. I want to see Zog on the left side of a front 3 but I'd really like to see all of the front 3 trying to be mobile and interchanging to give them something to think about. They have good defenders and if we just chuck high balls at them all day we'll get nowhere imo.

I'd lose trying something different in an attempt to surprise them and win the game than lose playing 1 up front and going for a 0-0 in the typical Roeder style. If we want to go for the width and high ball stuff we can change it with the subs. Even the waster Luque MAY do something if he came on in a game like this in a 4-3-3.

No. I haven't been drinking.

I think both Solano and Emre would be fantastic in that system as they could influence the game much more with there passing, also Dyer and N'Zogbia as interchanging inside wingers would be interesting to see.

However long term with Michael Owen return, the best formation of us will be 4-4-2 to fit the firepower of both Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen in the side and for us to use our wealth of good wingers at the Club.

And HTL why on earth would you play Craig Moore? considering hes made it clear hes leaving at the end of the season, Steven Taylor and Onyewu need to be given a good run as a partnership.

Makes sense in theory, HTL, it does. However - the centre-back prospect of Bramble and Moore just frightens me in all honesty. Moore was utter dross against Portsmouth, and we all know what Bramble's like. And a Drogba-Bramble 'battle' makes me piss myself really, with laughter.

Also, with Nobby, Souness tried that and it didn't work.

However, like i say, the side works in theory. And if Chelsea play with two strikers, they'll play narrow, and we'd counteract that - on paper anyhow. And to be fair, Luque made his trade at Deportivo on the left side of a 4-3-3, so you're right there...

What's with Pav in goal, though? :lol:

Harper gives me the shits, man.

Sorry mate, i can contemplate the rest of what you've said in this thread - but preferring Srnicek over Harper, (seemingly) on ability alone, is just crazy!

Gallowgate, can you explain the thinking behind playing Parker & Emre? I can't understand:

a. Dropping Nicky Butt, consistently our best player this season.

b. Playing Parker as a defensive midfielder when he doesn't possess several of the basic attributes required.

c. Playing the two together when partnerships of Butt & Emre, Butt & Dyer, and even Butt & Parker have all looked more effective.

Harper, Srnicek, Solano, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Moore, Ramage, Butt, Parker, Milner, Emre, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll.

From the squad that was announced I'd go with a 4-3-3 for this match....

Srnicek

Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Carr

Solano, Butt, Emre

Dyer, Martins, Zog

Subs

Harper

Onyewu

Milner

Carroll

Luque

I think we'll need some physical power at the back in this game and we need players in the midfield who can pass the ball. I think Solano has been great at RB and I wouldn't really want to move him, but for this game I'd like to see him in midfield tucking in a bit playing narrow, same with Emre. We need to keep the ball better in a game like this. I want to see Zog on the left side of a front 3 but I'd really like to see all of the front 3 trying to be mobile and interchanging to give them something to think about. They have good defenders and if we just chuck high balls at them all day we'll get nowhere imo.

I'd lose trying something different in an attempt to surprise them and win the game than lose playing 1 up front and going for a 0-0 in the typical Roeder style. If we want to go for the width and high ball stuff we can change it with the subs. Even the waster Luque MAY do something if he came on in a game like this in a 4-3-3.

No. I haven't been drinking.

I think both Solano and Emre would be fantastic in that system as they could influence the game much more with there passing, also Dyer and N'Zogbia as interchanging inside wingers would be interesting to see.

However long term with Michael Owen return, the best formation of us will be 4-4-2 to fit the firepower of both Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen in the side and for us to use our wealth of good wingers at the Club.

And HTL why on earth would you play Craig Moore? considering hes made it clear hes leaving at the end of the season, Steven Taylor and Onyewu need to be given a good run as a partnership.

Well it's kind of forced, isn't it? By moving Solano to midfield means we need a RB and Taylor can do the job unless Carr moves to RB, which brings in Babayaro. So the back four could be Carr, Taylor, Bramble, Babayaro. That's the only alternative I can see because I wouldn't select Ramage except as a last resort and is the Yank upto it? I'd select Moore ahead of the Yank, that's for sure.

The Emre-Parker thing will work if Roeder finally give up on trying to turn Parker to "Our Gerrard"

Playing Parker as a DMC,Emre As or Attacking Midfielder,might work

But whats happening now is that Parker is playing in a free role,same goes for Emre

No. It won't. Never ceases to amaze that people bang on about Parker as a defensive midfielder when he has no attributes of a quality defensive midfielder. There is more to it than effort and sweat.

Tbh.

Parker's more likely to devlop/adapt* into an attacking centre-mid than he is a defensive midfielder. However he'll do neither under the coaching set up we've got at the moment.

*Adapt from whatever the hell he actually is at the moment.

Thats the key

Most of our players have talent in them,we bought them and they had it,it can't just disapper for no reason

i.e look at Duff,the guy has been shit all season,if Luque somehow manages to get two assists in the next two games,he will have better stats (Goals/assists) then Duff all season,while last year under Jose Mourinho's coaching set-up the guy was a premierleague champion

Same thing goes for all our players,even the shit ones like Bramble and Luque,under any half decent training set up they can really be usefull to our team,but as long as Glenn Roeder and his bunch of monkeys are in charge we are going no where,neither do i expect any player to give a 100% of what is expected of him..

Guest slimbob

harper

solano  bramble  taylor  carr

dyer  parker  emre  milner

carroll  martins

I'd probably go with that, maybe butt instead of parker, i'm not sure, too pissed to decide, although i would love to see edgar play instead of carr, i don't like carr much, he's a steaming pile of wank

How many more Parker/Emre posts will we see during the build up to the next match?

Just can't get the reason why some people still want to persist with Parker/Emre in the middle. It's been shown consistently to be a pile of cack and the worst CM pairing from the players currently at the club. I realise some people just hate Butt though and wouldn't select him, even though selecting him ahead of Parker is in the best interests of the team.

All this stuff about "IF" Parker does this and "IF" Parker does that is a load of tosh imo. He's shown to be no better than average at this level and average is not good enough for the ambition we should have at this club. It's like saying let's stick with Bramble "IF" he can cut out the errors. I've said this myself about Bramble but the time has come to accept he won't cut out the errors so he needs to be replaced despite having plenty of attributes of a CB.

Consider the Bramble situation with Parker, who has almost zero attributes of a defensive midfielder yet people still insist that he'd be "great" if he was used in that role. Well it's about time people took the blinkers off put there in the first place by his workrate. At least I wish Roeder would take those same blinkers off. Yes, his workrate is very commendable, I'd like to see such heart and effort from Luque and slate him for not having it, but a player needs more than that at this level, they also need a high level of ability that Parker simply does not have.

Comparisons of Parker with Rob Lee make me cringe, tbh. It's like chalk and cheese. Rob Lee was a top player, a true box to box player who could threaten the opposition with his creativity and his goal threat, which he coupled with great defensive ability, power, strength and awareness too. It's quite an insult to Rob Lee comparing him to Parker.

Guest Toongaboom

----------------Harper

Taylor-----Gooch----Bramble

Parker----Butt

Milner----Emre----Zoggy

Carroll---Martins

BECNH

Krul

Edgar

Carr

Luque

Guest HyDrO

Harper

Solano              Taylor              Onyewu          Babayaro

<Parker

Milner                                                                  N'Zogbia

Emre>

Dyer/Luque                                      Martins

Harper

Solano       Taylor         Gooch         Carr(would play Edgar myself by he is not even in the squad for this game)

Milner    Parker         Emre         Zoggy/Luque

Martins     Carroll

Sub:

Pav

Bramble

Dyer

Sibierski

Butt

Harper

Solano         Taylor          Bramble      Baba (or Carr if not fit)

Milner            Butt             Emre          N'Zogbia

Carroll            Martins

Subs:

Pav

Luque

Dyer

Parker

Gooch

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Gooch, Moore unavalable from what I have heard:

Harper

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Babayano

Dyer  Parker  Emre    Milner

Carroll    Martins

Subs:

Pav

Edgar

Butt

Luque

Sib

Guest Petay

I personally want to see Luque get a game not because I think he will come good or any of that crap people winge on about on here, simply because we need him in the shop window so to speak.  This game will have a huge audience and if he has a half decent game it may help us shift him for more than the loose change you find down the back of a sofa.  With than in mind:

Harper

Solano-Taylor-Gooch-Troll

Milner-Parker-Emre-N'Zogbia

Lugue

Martins 

If Glenn plays this line up then I think we can be pretty certain that Zoggy will be sold, and Gooch will not be kept..

--------------Harper

Nobby---Taylor---Bramble-----Baba

Dyer----Parker-----Emre-------Milner

----------Martins----Carroll

How many more Parker/Emre posts will we see during the build up to the next match?

Just can't get the reason why some people still want to persist with Parker/Emre in the middle. It's been shown consistently to be a pile of cack and the worst CM pairing from the players currently at the club. I realise some people just hate Butt though and wouldn't select him, even though selecting him ahead of Parker is in the best interests of the team.

All this stuff about "IF" Parker does this and "IF" Parker does that is a load of tosh imo. He's shown to be no better than average at this level and average is not good enough for the ambition we should have at this club. It's like saying let's stick with Bramble "IF" he can cut out the errors. I've said this myself about Bramble but the time has come to accept he won't cut out the errors so he needs to be replaced despite having plenty of attributes of a CB.

Consider the Bramble situation with Parker, who has almost zero attributes of a defensive midfielder yet people still insist that he'd be "great" if he was used in that role. Well it's about time people took the blinkers off put there in the first place by his workrate. At least I wish Roeder would take those same blinkers off. Yes, his workrate is very commendable, I'd like to see such heart and effort from Luque and slate him for not having it, but a player needs more than that at this level, they also need a high level of ability that Parker simply does not have.

Comparisons of Parker with Rob Lee make me cringe, tbh. It's like chalk and cheese. Rob Lee was a top player, a true box to box player who could threaten the opposition with his creativity and his goal threat, which he coupled with great defensive ability, power, strength and awareness too. It's quite an insult to Rob Lee comparing him to Parker.

Alright, we get the point already. You don't like Parker, fair enough.

To be fair Parker shouldn't play because he is average, this is also why Pav should play instead of Harper......      :undecided:

O0

To be fair Parker shouldn't play because he is average, this is also why Pav should play instead of Harper......      :undecided:

O0

Pav is not even avarage, tbf...

After thinking about it this morning, and depending on Parker's fitness I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Harper

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Carr

Milner  Butt  Parker  Emre

Dyer  Martins

With Srnicek, Babayaro, N'Zogbia, Sibierski and Carroll on the bench.

I would personally like to see:

Harper

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Babayaro

Parker  Butt  Emre

Dyer                      Milner

Martins

A 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-4-2 (with Milner moving to RM at points, Dyer going central) when necessary - like we'd able to pull that off :laugh:

To give them something to think about, basically.