Real Reason Woodgate chose Boro

Lemmy

A few months ago, an article in the Times said that Freddie wanted Woodgate, but Roeder wanted Huth. This produced a deadlock until the very last minute, when the club made bids for both, and then later Zat Knight, in the hope of securing at least one of them. By then, of course, it was too late.

It's possible that Woodgate met up with Roeder, but if Roeder wasn't that keen, that might well have come across and that lack of enthusiasm was enough to put Woodgate off.

Another example of Chairman and Manager not working together properly. It's been the story of the last few seasons.

Not being funny but we attracted Duff and Martins, both big names in the game. The whole "Roeder can;t attract big names" has already been proven wrong. The truth is he is just shit in a transfer window due to his hesitation to actually make a decision!

The chairman doesn't buy the players etc.

Oh yes he does.

Oh no he doesn't.

Oh no he shouldn't - but probably does!

Aye. Probably.

Not being funny but we attracted Duff and Martins, both big names in the game. The whole "Roeder can;t attract big names" has already been proven wrong. The truth is he is just shit in a transfer window due to his hesitation to actually make a decision!

You think Duff came here for Roeder ?  Your deluded. He came for the money and his mates in the team. Martins has come from another country and would do anything to play in the premiership.

You think Duff came here for Roeder ?  Your deluded. He came for the money and his mates in the team. Martins has come from another country and would do anything to play in the premiership.

What he said.

Sorry did I say Roeder was the reason the players came here, I must have missed that!

As you yourselves have clearly pointed out we can still attract players despite who we have at the top, Souness signed Owen and a player with a good reputation in Spain!

Sorry did I say Roeder was the reason the players came here, I must have missed that!

As you yourselves have clearly pointed out we can still attract players despite who we have at the top, Souness signed Owen and a player with a good reputation in Spain!

Shearer and Shepard and money convinced Owen. Maybe Souness due to Liverpool connections.

Souness did have some pedigree as a player and to a lesser extent a manager though. Roeder did f*ck all as either.

As a manager, Souness's track record is a string of disasters.

Shearer and Shepard and money convinced Owen. Maybe Souness due to Liverpool connections.

After you outbid us for Owen, he daren't risk refusing the move in case Real stuck him back on the bench meaning he might miss what would probably be his last World Cup.

Souness did have some pedigree as a player and to a lesser extent a manager though. Roeder did f*ck all as either.

After you outbid us for Owen, he daren't risk refusing the move in case Real stuck him back on the bench meaning he might miss what would probably be his last World Cup.

He at least has a bit of a CV though. Won titles with Rangers, FA Cup with Liverpool, promotion, League Cup & top 6 with an average Blackburn side. Roeder has feck all as a manager or a player.

I am just hoping Roeder gets sacked in the summer,because if that dosn't happen i am almost certin next season will be our worst ever.

Without wanting to come across all NE5, but open a fucking history book will you! Worst ever in the EPL maybe, but... Well, see my sig...

EDIT: I want Roeder out too, but that's just ridiculous

I am just hoping Roeder gets sacked in the summer,because if that dosn't happen i am almost certin next season will be our worst ever.

Without wanting to come across all NE5, but open a f****** history book will you! Worst ever in the EPL maybe, but... Well, see my sig...

Back in the NE5 days everything was black and white and Dinosaurs roamed the earth

so of course i mean in the EPL..

Without wanting to come across all NE5, but open a fucking history book will you! Worst ever in the EPL maybe, but... Well, see my sig...

I'm with this bloke. While I understand people's frustrations, the hysteria is getting right on my tits now. Why can't people some people at least attempt keep balanced opinions, eh? It's always either "OMFG he's class!!!!" or "he's the worst player at Newcastle, ever" - middle ground appears to be absolutely non-existant in some people's lives.

Say what you want about Roeder, and I'm fully aware people have buckets of justifiably negative comments on him, but if we somehow avoid another injury "crisis" I can't see us being much worse than we have been at times this term in the league. Especially if we don't have Europe to contend with, as well.

He at least has a bit of a CV though. Won titles with Rangers, FA Cup with Liverpool, promotion, League Cup & top 6 with an average Blackburn side. Roeder has feck all as a manager or a player.

True enough. Did Roeder not turn down the NUFC job originally?

I've said this exact thing about GR before, who the fuk is he and why would a player want to join our club for him?

He has no pulling power whatsoever, he's the geek that never got picked for a dance at the school disco, he looks, act and talks like a Physics teacher FFS!

We need charm and charisma at this club, god knows the fat cunt has none, at least the manager should have some.

Could you imagine GR trying to motivate you? He's like the inept boss who makes a tit of himself trying to motivate his staff, clearly talking bollocks and doesn't believe in himself or what he is saying.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I've said this exact thing about GR before, who the fuk is he and why would a player want to join our club for him?

He has no pulling power whatsoever, he's the geek that never got picked for a dance at the school disco, he looks, act and talks like a Physics teacher FFS!

We need charm and charisma at this club, god knows the fat cunt has none, at least the manager should have some.

Could you imagine GR trying to motivate you? He's like the inept boss who makes a tit of himself trying to motivate his staff, clearly talking bollocks and doesn't believe in himself or what he is saying.

he's here bacause no other cunt wanted the job. end of.

what sort of cunt would you be anyway if you can't get yourself motivated in the last stages of the UEFA cup. Where has this ridiculous idea that if Roeder never said a word the team would automatically play shite come from?

self motivation of NUFC payers has been raised by pundits who know what the fuck they are talking about time after time after time, but it gets conveniently ignored in the face of stupidity

he's here bacause no other cunt wanted the job. end of.

what sort of cunt would you be anyway if you can't get yourself motivated in the last stages of the UEFA cup. Where has this ridiculous idea that if Roeder never said a word the team would automatically play shite come from?

self motivation of NUFC payers has been raised by pundits who know what the fuck they are talking about time after time after time, but it gets conveniently ignored in the face of stupidity

Talking about the signing of players here  :rolleyes: