Roeder's scouting trip.But where???

NUFC06

Glenn Roeder will fly off on a European scouting mission this week as he closes in on several summer transfer targets.

The Newcastle boss will take in a league game on the Continent, either France or Italy, to run the rule over potential signings.

And he last night insisted that United are in a position to move swiftly at the end of the season to land the men he wants.

"Recruiting for next season is ongoing - we're watching players all the time," said Roeder, chasing three defenders and a midfielder.

"I'm aware of potential signings playing in the Premiership and every weekend we're out and about in Europe. I'm making a trip into Europe on Wednesday following up on a couple of players.

"This season we've clocked up more air miles watching players than ever before."

Roeder, as revealed by the Sunday Sun last month, is confident of landing Reading's Steve Sidwell on a free.

French sources suggest he is also keen on Nancy's left-sided central defender Pape Diakhate. But the United boss is also confident of an imminent off-field signing.

"I hope to be able to make a key appointment in terms of scouting in the very near future," he said. "I think there will be more of a European flavour about our set-up."

There are 2 games in France and 9 games in Italy played tonight

Where exactly do you think Roeder will go to watch?

I think Lyon's game is worth watching as well as the other french game

Also the italian derby between Inter and Roma will be interesting enough

What do you think?

maxwell, mexes, chivu and perotta in the derby

Mexes is one of my favourite defenders and i still cant believe how we didnt show any interest in him when he was sold to Roma

aye, me too. I really think him and Talyor would partner well. He's young, but still very experienced for his age.

Guest icemanblue

Mexes is one of my favourite defenders and i still cant believe how we didnt show any interest in him when he was sold to Roma

aye, me too. I really think him and Talyor would partner well. He's young, but still very experienced for his age.

Translated: He's mint on Football Manager.

Translated: He was mint on Football Manager.

cm 04 maybe yes  ;D

Are you two seriously saying that we'd have beaten Spurs and Sheff U away with Kuyt? Retarded.

Neither of your analogies work. Karjala is close but it would need to be 'without drogba' to be a proper analogy to what i said.

Thats the simple way to look at it. I meant that if it wasnt for the individual brilliance of Martins in both games we would not have got the points and Kuyt isnt the player to be able to do that. In particular the equaliser at WHL.

This is way off topic. Sorry.

Thats the simple way to look at it. I meant that if it wasnt for the individual brilliance of Martins in both games we would not have got the points and Kuyt isnt the player to be able to do that. In particular the equaliser at WHL.

This is way off topic. Sorry.

So what about on the numerous occasions where Martins' offered nothing and been sh*te, how do we know that had Kuyt been playing instead, he wouldn't have held the play up better and we'd have had more chances, less defending to do, etc?