Messi...

Tooj

Was nowhere near as good as I was expecting after reading all the comments on here. Nice skill on the halfway line but the defending is absolute shite...the centre half commits so early. Its really well done but its nowhere near the best goal I've seen this season and certainly nowhere near Maradona's.

Was nowhere near as good as I was expecting after reading all the comments on here. Nice skill on the halfway line but the defending is absolute shite...the centre half commits so early. Its really well done but its nowhere near the best goal I've seen this season and certainly nowhere near Maradona's.

Agree.... that's why I only said not bad.  :D

Well the defending by Fenwick & Reid for the Maradona goal didn't exactly cover itself in glory did it! I think it's possibly better actually tonight. The footwork was niftier and the pace was frightening.

Right, he goes past 4 players and the goalie.

The first one is purely down to luck, the defender misses his tackle and Messi holds him off as he barges into him.

The second one is great skill and pace to stay away from him.

Third one (The left back) never makes any attempt to tackle him, absolute statue.

Fourth one (Centre half) lunges in with Bramblesque naivety - and while Messi almost knocks it past him, he still gets a toeend on the ball and that gives him the angle to go around the goalie and takes all the pace off it for him to retain control.

Fith one (goalie) is candy from a baby.

Some great skill in there but for me there is far, far too much luck involved for it to be considered a great goal. Maradona was in complete control from the moment he got the ball, no-one came close to taking it off him.

BTW, if goals against defenders as shite as these are allowed to count as great, David Nugent vs Palace earlier on this season was better IMO.