Keane: Mackems would beat Chelsea

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Roy Keane has boldly asserted that his promotion-seeking Sunderland side would be good enough to beat Jose Mourinho's quadruple-chasing Chelsea team.

The Sunderland manager yesterday made it abundantly clear that Chelsea held no fears for him after watching unimpressed from the stands as the defending Premiership champions overcame Blackburn 2-1 in extra time of their FA Cup semi-final at Old Trafford last Sunday.

"I try to watch when I go to a game, but I more went there to have a look at Chelsea, see their manager and to see what they are all about, and to try to pick up different things," Keane said.

"What did I make of them? I left before extra time but overall I was disappointed with the game. But with cup semi-finals that's irrelevant, it's about getting to the final, but overall I didn't care who got to the final, I just wanted to watch a game of football. I think we would have taken either of them. Seriously? On the weekend's performance I think we would."

advertisement

Keane, whose Championship pacesetters could secure promotion to the Premiership on Saturday at Colchester, went mountain biking with his players this week in the Yorkshire Dales to avoid a bumpy ride during the run-in to the season.

"You can't be just putting them on the golf course, you've got to throw them out there and challenge them," he said. "You find out who the leaders are. They're OK with a football at their feet but put them on a bike or in a white-water raft and they might not be so good, so you see another side to them."

Meanwhile, midfielder Graham Kavanagh, who has not played since December, has been ruled out until next season after injuring an ankle in training.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Telegraph.

Stupid thing is, they'd probably put up more of a fight than we will on Sunday.

f****** stupid c***. I can't wait till these twats get back up and get their bi-annual raping. It's going to happen so I might as well look forward to it.

You mean them raping us? With Keane as their manager and Roeder as ours this is the likelier scenario.

f****** stupid c***. I can't wait till these twats get back up and get their bi-annual raping. It's going to happen so I might as well look forward to it.

You mean them raping us? With Keane as their manager and Roeder as ours this is the likelier scenario.

I'd be amazed if that happened. Although Roy Keane does seem to be your new Guiseppe Rossi so anything could happen :lol:

You mean like when McCarthy ran away with the Championship last time they were there?

Good motivators can get 50% extra from players.  Keegan did it with the likes of Steve Howey and Stevie Watson.  He was always talking in positive terms, very rarely you heard negative words, and Keane seems to be similar in that respect.  I'll give anyone 2/1 now on the mackems to get relegated next season. 

Contrast those words with "I'm a positive person......injuries we've had this season are the worst I've ever known....we're going to Alkmaar for a draw........there's not a bottomless pit of money at the club....."

Sunderland normally get a result against yous, I seem to remember a nice free kick from Arca last time they were up.

I'd be amazed if that happened. Although Roy Keane does seem to be your new Guiseppe Rossi so anything could happen :lol:

Neither are as good as [insert name of Watford reserve here] tbh.

Sunderland normally get a result against yous, I seem to remember a nice free kick from Arca last time they were up.

I seem to remember a typical class poacher goal from Michael Chopra who has just been introduced!

Neither are as good as [insert name of Watford reserve here] tbh.

Aidy Boothroyd's pretty much a genius though, so don't be surprised about that.

Aidy Boothroyd's pretty much a genius though, so don't be surprised about that.

Don't think so there isn't any genious in Watford reserve as yet. Best player went to Aston Villa, 2nd best player still needs a lot more consistency and experience. A few nice players here and there but no one any better than our current lot in Newcastle United.

I seem to remember a typical class poacher goal from Michael Chopra who has just been introduced!

EIOEIOEIOEIO

"Slaven wraps it up for Middlesbrough" ":D"

EIOEIOEIOEIO

Why are you telling this to me? Do you have any problem with Middlesbrough? If this is the case why relate it to me as what's my relation to Middlesbrough?

EIOEIOEIOEIO

Why are you telling this to me? Do you have any problem with Middlesbrough? If this is the case why relate it to me as what's my relation to Middlesbrough?

Why do you persist with this pathetic myth that you're a toon fan.  You announced to me the day before last years UEFA Cup Final you were a Boro fan, then forgot you had let the cat out the bag.  Clearly NE5 picked up on it too.

Why do you persist with this pathetic myth that you're a toon fan.  You announced to me the day before last years UEFA Cup Final you were a Boro fan, then forgot you had let the cat out the bag.  Clearly NE5 picked up on it too.

So I am a Boro fan, not a Man Utd fan?

Why do you persist with this pathetic myth that you're a toon fan.  You announced to me the day before last years UEFA Cup Final you were a Boro fan, then forgot you had let the cat out the bag.   Clearly NE5 picked up on it too.

So I am a Boro fan, not a Man Utd fan?

I'll find the thread tomorrow.  It was the same thread you were kicking off over the Cleveland Sex Abuse jibes, from Testa Mora amongst other.

I'll find the thread tomorrow.  It was the same thread you were kicking off over the Cleveland Sex Abuse jibes, from Testa Mora amongst other.

Feel free. You can have my words I won't edit anything (if you trust me)

Guest WalkervilleMag

Roy Keane has done no better than Mick McCarthy did at the Mackems. They look a decent side in the Fizzy Pop league, but are muppets in the Premier League.