Confidence

mrmojorisin75

Does anyone have any confidence that James Milner & Charles N'Zogbia will be here at the end of the summer?

I for one don't and I'm just wondering where this leaves us as a club.  (Does anyone know if Milner ever signed the extension 'cause I remember lots of talk about it being offered and very little about it being signed)

Think about it; the one position that's been hardest to fill in English football for years now is left-wing and we have a young kid that is good enough to do it for us plus James Milner who can play on both wings, another attribute rarely found within the game these days.

If we let them both go then what next?  Souness used as an excuse that he was forced to play the James Milner's or whatever it was & systematically went about getting shot of younger players like ambrose and replacing them with so-called "established/proper" players.  Look where that got us.

Aside from Martins I'm afraid it looks like Glenn Roeder might be headed down the same road.  He's under pressure and people under pressure are always less like to take chances and more likely to take the 'safe' option - in this instance that would be buying ready-made players.

What worries me is that our managers/club no longer seem to be willing to make the effort with some players to try and turn them around.  Why, on earth, they persist in doing this with Kieron 'never-has-been-never-will-be' Dyer is totally beyond me.  Charles N'Zogbia might be a little ball of arrogance but since when has that meant we just give up on players and ship them out?  Craig Bellamy and Laurent Robert did ok didn't they?  Luque is another example in that despite what anyone thinks of him as a player he should not have simply been disgarded and left to rot.

The only bright spot of the season for me has been Martins, Milner and the other bairns from the Academy and I'm just becoming increasingly worried that the club is too focused on their short-term (and in my view unrealistic) goal of breaking the top 6 and have no clue as to the long-term damage they're doing.  We'll be back to a situation where young players won't even sign on for us 'cause they know they'll never get a chance like when Keegan scrapped the reserves.

Hopefully all the stuff about N'Zogbia is unfounded but it's usually true that there's no smoke without fire.

Guest Ridzuan

I am confident that Milner will still be here next season,if Roeder remain as the manager.I dont have the same feeling for Zoggy though.

Guest NIToon

I am confident that Milner will still be here next season,if Roeder remain as the manager.I dont have the same feeling for Zoggy though.

I think Milner will be here regardless.  Agree Zoggy is starting to look doubtful

I think Milner will be here regardless.  Agree Zoggy is starting to look doubtful

just don't see it - we've proven repeatedly as a club that we have no compunction whatsoever in sh!tting all over james milner if it "benefits" us - and given how little money we have, plus the fact villa will be tripping over themselves to spend yankee dollars on him, i can see us shipping him to sign one of glenns players

Guest Toon83

Milner definately, especially since he's pretty much first choice right winger as Nobby is no.1 right back now, N'Zogbia i'm not to sure about he apparently has the typical lazy frenchman attitude, which Roeder doesnt like and the two have had a falling out so he may be moved on in the summer.

just don't see it - we've proven repeatedly as a club that we have no compunction whatsoever in sh!tting all over james milner if it "benefits" us - and given how little money we have, plus the fact villa will be tripping over themselves to spend yankee dollars on him, i can see us shipping him to sign one of glenns players

There's a school of thought amongst our fans that we should be after bigger targets than Milner now we've got the money, but most of us, including me, would gladly have him back.

I'd also add that you'd be absolutely mad to let him go, mind.

Milner will definitely stay, he's got no reason to leave now and we won't want to let him go.

N'Zogbia might do, but even if he did, he'd be a centre-midfielder; so it doesn't matter - he'll be absolutely shit. I'm apathetic about Zoggy, which in itself is depressing. Makes me so angry deep down - Roeder's pretty much crucified any chance of him having the brilliant career here, that he could have had.

Milner will definitely stay, he's got no reason to leave now and we won't want to let him go.

N'Zogbia might do, but even if he did, he'd be a centre-midfielder; so it doesn't matter - he'll be absolutely s***. I'm apathetic about Zoggy, which in itself is depressing. Makes me so angry deep down - Roeder's pretty much crucified any chance of him having the brilliant career here, that he could have had.

agreed about zog, could and should have been great - would've loved to have seen uncle bobby have some time with him, he'd have put an arm around the lad and told him where his bread was buttered, not treated him the way roedebot has...

as for milner i think he's got every reason to want to leave personally (although being the kind of lad he is he'd never agitate for a move); firstly the treatment he had during the summer, then after being first class all season he was inexplicably dropped out of sight when we needed him the most and ultimately the team failed without him

all sends the message that he's not wanted nor regarded highly enough within the management of the club...

contrast his treatment with that of say, kieron dyer (disgrace of a human being), titus bramble until recently, damien duff, steven carr and babayaro

if i was james milner and other clubs were bidding for me why would i WANT to stay?

none of that takes into account how skint we are and how dispensible milner appears to be in the eyes of the people in charge of the club!!

Guest NUFC4

milner's not going anywhere, zoggy i'm not sure about i pray that he stays b/c if he leaves all we'll have out left is duffer. plus i can't help but love the kid

Milner will stay with us

He is becoming first team regular and thats what he wants.He wants to play regular football.

About Zoggy-the media reports are suggesting that he has some conflict with our clown manager and its very likely that he will leave although our manager hypocrite said not so long ago that Zoggy is the future of NUFC

What a cunt

Guest JamesD

the only thing suggesting that zoggy is leaving is some piece of shit story by oliver, who most people on here don;t take seriously(unless they can use it to slate roeder).  The only thing roeder has said about Zoggy's future is that he thinks he will be a great player for us, and also that he likes to develop young players slowly (defoe, cole, carrick etc..).

the only thing suggesting that zoggy is leaving is some piece of s*** story by oliver, who most people on here don;t take seriously(unless they can use it to slate roeder).  The only thing roeder has said about Zoggy's future is that he thinks he will be a great player for us, and also that he likes to develop young players slowly (defoe, cole, carrick etc..).

That.

Zog was cracking last season, this season though started poor, got injured and has come back poor. I do however hope he's still here next season as he's got potential, but what will be will be.