Can we get an Intertoto place?

Guest ToonGeneral

Guest ToonGeneral

Does anyone know who officially applied for the Intertoto cup places?

Are we still in with a shout of having European football next year or do we have to finish above Portsmouth in 8th cause they applied?

the way i see thing at this moment, i think its quite beneficial for the club to have atleast one season to sort things out.

Getting Injury problems fixed. Focusing on playing Their own  game again, actually get a gameplan, wich we might have lacked this year. And rather try to force a spot into europe next year with the circumstances hopefully abit more beneficial.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Yeah its a shame...but hopefully it will give FFS a kick up the arse to fire Glen, and buy defenders.

Guest teepee

Considering Spurs & Blackburn have also applied for it, I pretty much doubt it.

oh yes - the mighty rovers - a whopping two points ahead of us :D

seriously though, i know they have a game in hand, and are doing better than us atm.

i dont think we will be in europe next season - and if we manage to hold on to oba and owen that may be a blessing in disguise. we don't need quite as big a squad if there is no toto/waffa

Guest Bramble OG

Iam quite happy to have a season out of it, yes its a (small)chance to win something but id sooner have a fit team playing for a higher position in the premiership.

+ it fucks up all chance early booking cheap train tickets for the away games! :)

Guest Toon83

The intertoto cup is one of the reasons that we've had so many injuries this year, its a good way of getting into europe but the early start seemed to take its toll on the players and also didnt give us alot of time to get a settled team sorted before the start of the season because of the early start, including new signings.

If i were Glenn i would try and keept the side out of Europe, unless we qualify automatically, and concentrate on imprioving the squad, and getting rid of some of the deadwood such as Bramble, Moore, Gooch, and a few more.

Get sidwell in and another three defenders, and maybe a back up left winger if the Zog leaves.