What does the future hold for NUFC? - Chronicle

lovejoy

Roeder was desperate for Huth and a left-back, but the £10m he had been allocated had to be spent on bringing in Oba Martins as a replacement for the injured Michael Owen.

He should have thought of that when he signed Duff the thick prick.

Roeder was desperate for Huth and a left-back, but the £10m he had been allocated had to be spent on bringing in Oba Martins as a replacement for the injured Michael Owen.

He should have thought of that when he signed Duff the thick prick.

And if he wanted to sign Huth he probably should have make attempts before his target had already committed himself to the Smoggies...

Anyone pick up a veiled apology from Anal in that article, in response to his slating on the message boards?

I reckon his Editor has told him to get his tongue out of the Clubs arse and try to be a bit more impartial.

It's a good read actually and surprisingly, as we reach the end of the article, a few of his points really hit home.

How much pre-planning, for example, went into last summer when, apart from buying a £10m striker to replace the retired Alan Shearer, £5m was spent on a left-winger which was hardly a priority position, and Antoine Sibierski and Olivier Bernard were rushed through the door in a blind panic on the final day of buying.

Just as Albert Luque had at £9m the year before.

Oh, lest we forget, there was also the bewildering case of James Milner, who was told he was surplus to requirements and banished to Aston Villa, only to be embarrassingly recalled at the 11th hour when efforts to sign Mark Viduka spectacularly failed.

More cool-headed plotting a year on we fervently hope.

Even if United got lucky on Sibierski - and they certainly didn't on Lord Lucan and Bernard - a 32-year-old free transfer man discarded by Manchester City simply ought not to be Newcastle's style of signing.

Go Oliver!!

"

This is the same Shepherd who has spent around £250m on players in the last decade,"

Aye the clubs money, 250 mil quid spent and we are mid table, thats failure to me.

And it is the same Roeder who took United into Europe this season as the top English manager in the Premiership from what was almost a hopeless position following the sacking of Graeme Souness.

Who appionted Souness again?, against the better judgement of everybody in football????

i know he is hated on here, and pretty much everywhere if we're honest, but i thought that was a good read

Aye, I needed a laugh.

It's a good read actually and surprisingly, as we reach the end of the article, a few of his points really hit home.

How much pre-planning, for example, went into last summer when, apart from buying a £10m striker to replace the retired Alan Shearer, £5m was spent on a left-winger which was hardly a priority position, and Antoine Sibierski and Olivier Bernard were rushed through the door in a blind panic on the final day of buying.

Oh, lest we forget, there was also the bewildering case of James Milner, who was told he was surplus to requirements and banished to Aston Villa, only to be embarrassingly recalled at the 11th hour when efforts to sign Mark Viduka spectacularly failed.

Even if United got lucky on Sibierski - and they certainly didn't on Lord Lucan and Bernard - a 32-year-old free transfer man discarded by Manchester City simply ought not to be Newcastle's style of signing.

Go Oliver!!

That IS NOT Oliver. It is Gibbo.

There are two separate articles that run into each other due to shoddy formatting.

It should be fairly easy to spot where the absolute toss turns into something substantially more sensible. :buck2:

Go Oliver!!

That bit was by John Gibson, was it not? Not far on from that bit he mentions Keegan doing an interview for him... which would make it Gibson, not Oliver.

Obviously been put together in the wake of the message board malarky and the Chronicle realising people are fed-up with them and it is a hasty write-up. Some of it is a decent read, but the absurd piece of saying we should be "happy" with top-six expectations (I would fucking be delighted with that!) made me scowl a bit. Does the writer really think we expect anything more?

Guest johnson293

I read all three articles (by Oliver, Lee Ryder & John Gibson respectively).

Olivers and Ryders were almost identical, basically blaming the poor form/performances on the senior players, and backing Roeder by highlighting his 'achievements' from last season, while ignoring his 'failings' from this season. i.e. Commenting that he was the highest finishing English Manager last season, yet ignoring his questionable tactics, selections and substitutions this season.

While Gibson's article still appears to back Roeder, at least he has the balls to raise some of the issues from this season - lack of (adequate) investment in the team and panic signings last summer, and also end that Roeder as well as the players are all on trial till the end of the season.

I just wish for once, the journo's at Thomson house would focus on the real problems, rather than blaming everything on the attitude of the senior players.

Perhaps the manager is the reason for this 'attitude'?? And who is responsible for the manager's appointment??

MJ

So basically Roeder will still be here next season. Great :undecided:

Thats where i stopped reading. The thought of Roeder here next season is unbearable.

Probably be sacked in September. I'm not even taking the piss either.

I read all three articles (by Oliver, Lee Ryder & John Gibson respectively).

Olivers and Ryders were almost identical, basically blaming the poor form/performances on the senior players, and backing Roeder by highlighting his 'achievements' from last season, while ignoring his 'failings' from this season. i.e. Commenting that he was the highest finishing English Manager last season, yet ignoring his questionable tactics, selections and substitutions this season.

While Gibson's article still appears to back Roeder, at least he has the balls to raise some of the issues from this season - lack of (adequate) investment in the team and panic signings last summer, and also end that Roeder as well as the players are all on trial till the end of the season.

I just wish for once, the journo's at Thomson house would focus on the real problems, rather than blaming everything on the attitude of the senior players.

Perhaps the manager is the reason for this 'attitude'?? And who is responsible for the manager's appointment??

MJ

Ah, so there were three in there.  :lol:

I'm not shocked at all that I couldn't distinguish between Lee Ryder and Oliver. The apprentice has clearly come of age.

So basically Roeder will still be here next season. Great :undecided:

Thats where i stopped reading. The thought of Roeder here next season is unbearable.

Probably be sacked in September. I'm not even taking the piss either.

I'd be irate of that happened....we know that's probably how it's going to turn out.

Guest Knightrider

Is this their best shot? :lol:

Mind fair play, damned if they do/damned if they don't and all that, they are clearly worried about the reaction from fans, I just hope this doesn't pull the wool over anyones eyes and the pressure on them intensifies until we see a regular fair and balanced reporting of affairs and the correct interpretation of fans' views.