Messi's Goal vs Maradona's Goal

Guest Alan_Shearer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

George Weah vs Verona tbh

That was a great goal. I remember watching that match on Channel 4. I was kinda half asleep on the sofa so I didn't see the goal probably until they replyed it.  :lol: :( Better than Messi's, imo.

But Maradona's is better than both.

George Weah vs Verona tbh

That was a great goal. I remember watching that match on Channel 4. I was kinda half asleep on the sofa so I didn't see the goal probably until they replyed it.  :lol: :( Better than Messi's, imo.

But Maradona's is better than both.

I have to agree - remember it is one of my favourite goals... Picked it up on the edge of his own penalty box and just blitzed through, amazing stuff.

Maradona's goal,it was vs England in the world cup,while Messi's was in the La-Liga against Getafe,simple..

Loses marks for England having Terry Fenwick in the team ;)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Maradona's goal,it was vs England in the world cup,while Messi's was in the La-Liga against Getafe,simple..

if you are looking at pure quality alone of the goal, i would argue messi's was slightly better. messi was going much faster seemingly, partly because the athletes have improved over time. the goal also looked a bit better because the defenders did a slightly more comical job. however, obviously, when you consider the significance of the goals, maradonas was more important, and thus a bigger and better goal. but on pure quality of the goal, i would argue messi's was ever so slightly better.