Three hard and tricky decisions this summer will decide the next 3/5yrs.

Parky

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

1. how can this be hard? choose me as chairman... i'll sack roeder now.

2. who? we can keep emre & dyer IMO. At the started of the season we all know that our attacking prowess was good. Not need much change. I blame for roeder for his odd defensive tactics (ohh yeah he doesn't have a clue about tactics).

3. We can keep martin & owen together IMO and the rest can feck off so we can acquire new type of striker (taller)... i believe every club at least need 3 striker... manager can keep them happy as long as he know how to manage them.

Guest Emre05

would def agree about managerial change and also the need for an attacking midfielder.

We need someone in midfield who can score minimum of 10 a season..  Someone like a Pires, Gerrard or Lampard obviously this will cost money but its needs must .. We need to identify who can do this job for us.

Between our midfield this season emre has 2 or 3 goals, duff 1 , zog 0 ,  parker 4 and milner 4 or 5 ( not sure of accurate figures ) but definitley need our midfielders chipping in with more.

1-Roeder should be sacked,we should thank him for fixing a bit (a really really small bit) from what souness ruined,but its clear to every body that with him we will always be a mid table table side that do not use injury's and an excuse..

2-We do need a creative midfielder,and we should sell both Emre and Dyer,i can't see the two improving anymore here,plus we pay them a really big wage

3-I don't think we need to sell Martins and Owen,i think we should keep the pair togther,and i am actually happy with our current strike force,two target men (Ameobi,Carroll) and two fast,good players (Owen,Martins)

neither of the 3 things would happen imo

I agree about the first 2 points though

We need to replace Roeder asam otherwise we will be mid table team for the next season

We need some creative midfielder.Im not too sure but i think some of his season here Robert had above 10 assists and the same amout of goals

We need some player who can play as AM

I dont think we need to sell Martins or Owen

Nobody can be sure how this partnership will work

1. Not sure we can do better with the current chaiman than Roeder... depressing but there it is.

2. I am consistantly mystified why so many posters on here want Emre gone. HTL and other have made strong arguments that Emre and Parker don't work together (I blame bad coaching personally), but I would rather eliminate Parker from that equation (how about transforming Parker to a central defender?). Replacing Emre will be about as easy as replacing Woodgate. Creative attacking midfilders are not easy to come by otherwise every team woould have one. Emre has some excellent strengths and we should play to those. Dyer creates space through running but lacks vision so he only works in the middle when we are packing the midfield or Butt has an outstanding game at DCM (as Speed did in their ocassional partnership together). I would sell Dyer, but who would buy him and would he leave (for significantly less than he is currently making here). If we could get a good price for Dyer I woudl replace him with someone to augment Emre or be his back-up.

3. I have also had some skepticism about whether a MArtins-Owen partnership can work, but I'd sooner try that than sell one of them for a target man... especially either Anelka or Viduka (both past their sell by date IMO). Again - don't fix what isn't broken (at least yet).

1. Not sure we can do better with the current chaiman than Roeder... depressing but there it is.

2. I am consistantly mystified why so many posters on here want Emre gone. HTL and other have made strong arguments that Emre and Parker don't work together (I blame bad coaching personally), but I would rather eliminate Parker from that equation (how about transforming Parker to a central defender?). Replacing Emre will be about as easy as replacing Woodgate. Creative attacking midfilders are not easy to come by otherwise every team woould have one. Emre has some excellent strengths and we should play to those. Dyer creates space through running but lacks vision so he only works in the middle when we are packing the midfield or Butt has an outstanding game at DCM (as Speed did in their ocassional partnership together). I would sell Dyer, but who would buy him and would he leave (for significantly less than he is currently making here). If we could get a good price for Dyer I woudl replace him with someone to augment Emre or be his back-up.

3. I have also had some skepticism about whether a MArtins-Owen partnership can work, but I'd sooner try that than sell one of them for a target man... especially either Anelka or Viduka (both past their sell by date IMO). Again - don't fix what isn't broken (at least yet).

1. Amen

2.I've always supported the keeping of Emre and yes would rather get rid of Dyer....If it were possible. Not totally covinced by Emre's passing and his dead ball stuff is woeful. Perhaps with a better system and him further up the park. Parker right back.

3. Let's try the Owen and Martins and maybe look at it in Jan.

Guest BooBoo

I agree with the three original posts by Parky.

1. The club, under Roeder and his mugs, will become a team, at best, scrapping to get into the UEFA Cup spot each season. It will also become difficult to attract players to the club, given they would be answering to a man with a charisma bypass.

2. Definitely. Not saying he's available, but Mikel Arteta would fit right in. A class act and the sort of player that Emre and Dyer (given their talents) should be aspiring to emulate. In terms of assists and goals, i would bet Arteta has more than both our two supposed playmakers together.

3. Seriously, if we could get our cash back on Martins, i'd sell him and try and get in Dean Ashton, Darren Bent or the much maligned Crouch. Whilst we'd be up the creek without Obas goals this season, his all round contribution and team play are as basic as you'll see in the Premiership. If we keep him (and i think we will), he needs to be coached to improve on what is at the moment, just raw talent.

1. I have to agree with you that Roeder just isn't good enough. If he's coming across to the players as twitchy, irascible and uncertain as he's coming across to fans in media interviews, I'd say that goes a fair way to explaining some of the inept performances we've seen against lesser teams this season. He does not inspire confidence, because he hasn't got any in himself anyway. I can't think the current media speculation about potential successors is totally without foundation. But then, for me to believe it, I'd have to have some faith in the Chairman and I don't have too much of that.

2. Would prefer to see us keep Emre, even though he frustrates the hell out of me. He's playing at about 60% of capacity in terms of his innate talent. I look at him and just know that if he was playing for a coach of the likes of Fergie or Wenger, he'd probably be tearing up defences up and down the Premiership. Maybe if we do get a half-decent manager in the early part of the close season, we could reasonably expect to see Emre realise his potential, playing further up the pitch supporting the strikers in a central attacking role. As for Dyer - I don't think I'd bat an eyelid if he went elsewhere. Only trouble is I can't see who'd want him or us getting that much for him - and it makes me wish we'd flogged him when he was in demand 4 years ago.

3. I'd really like to see Owen & Martins playing a whole season together, but I don't think we will get the chance. I'm increasingly feeling like we're being media-primed for the sale of Owen to Man Utd - I think it's possibly a foregone conclusion now. In which case, I'd hope we go for Nikola Žigić - even though some might say that at around £9m he'd be a gamble. You want height, Parky? How about 6'8" of goalscoring prowess? :D

Putting the defence aside for a minute, enough has been said and even FS has awknowledged it will be strengthened and I think it will.

1. Roeder sacking....No brainer this has to happen or the club will remain in mid-table limbo.

2. The acquisiton of a true creative attaking midfielder to replace either Emre or Dyer (I don't think we can afford to keep all three).

A player with vision and creativity who also gets into the box. Someone who can get 12 assists a season and score 8/10 goals. A real playmaker and hub of the midfield. A thinker who can dominate - understand tempo and keep postitive posession.

3. The sale of either Owen or Martins and the acquisition of a bigger striker who the dwarfs (whichever one we keep) can play off. I would go for an Anelka type and at a push some fat Australian bloke.

One of the few people who have said it correctly, like myself, all season, with particular reference to points 2 and 3.

As for point 1, sadly Roeder has had a chance, which was probably warranted, but he is now showing the pressure has got to him, partly through his own errors of judgement, and it will take a minor miracle for him to get back on track. I doubt that it will happen, I would rather he went now than later amid bitter acrimony, I remember him as a good player and a good captain of the club and don't want that to be soured.

Good post. Don't expect many to agree though. All we need is a left back....  mackems.gif

Good post. Don't expect many to agree though. All we need is a left back....  mackems.gif

Who said that? Or were people just pointing out that we don't have one left back on our books of a Premiership standard so as far as strengthening the squad goes that would be a good place to start?

2.I've always supported the keeping of Emre and yes would rather get rid of Dyer....If it were possible. Not totally covinced by Emre's passing and his dead ball stuff is woeful. Perhaps with a better system and him further up the park. Parker right back.

I've always thought he'd/we'd be better off with him shifted to right back rather than centre mid, where his sometimes rash tackling could be toned down, and he couldn't go wondering about leaving massive gaps in the centre.

Agree with the creative point too, however lazy/'much of a prick' Robert was he was effective and we've missed someone like him. Personally I'd like MGP from Blackburn and Arteta, that would be a tough ask with Roeder as manager, but with say, Houllier at the helm I think it'd be realistic to get those two in.

Roeder out.

Roeder steadied the ship last season but has been shown up this season. He should have gone after Alkmaar imo, they were there for the taking and he sent the team out to try and draw 0-0.

We don't have a creative midfielder who can unlock a defence with a killer ball.

I leave well alone with Martins and Owen, if we have to sell anyone it'd be Ameobi as he is gash.

Who said that? Or were people just pointing out that we don't have one left back on our books of a Premiership standard so as far as strengthening the squad goes that would be a good place to start?

:laugh:

Disagree. We need to sign a 3rd left winger. What happens if Zog has another because-hes-a-youngster dip in form, and Duff gets injured? Milner, Luque, Dyer, Emre, CANT play on the left wing, theyre not good enough even as backup. If the club has any ambition, it needs as many left wingers as possible to succeed.

Disagree. We need to sign a 3rd left winger. What happens if Zog has another because-hes-a-youngster dip in form, and Duff gets injured? Milner, Luque, Dyer, Emre, CANT play on the left wing, theyre not good enough even as backup. If the club has any ambition, it needs as many left wingers as possible to succeed.

You obviously have no idea how immature and pathetic you come across in that post. It's an absolute classic.

Well done for that anyway, you've given me a laugh on what has been a bad day for me.

:laugh:

Good post mate.

Btw didn't you say Freddie should go if Roeder failed?