We don't deserve Owen's compensation money.

Guest stormrider

Guest stormrider

I'm sorry but this has to be said. Freddie Shepherd has absolutely no right to demand more money from the FA after getting £6M from soho square, he's just bullying the FA and is trying to get a couple of extra pounds to stuff his fat pocket.

Injuries happen, and a well managed football club will never crumble due to injuries alone. So, before you open your pie hole about how this injury has damaged the team and beg for compensation money, go learn how to manage a football club so that when you lose you lose key member or two, you'd still be able to have a team (and a manager) that can stand on its feet.

Guest stormrider

Because if Chelsea lost Drogba for the whole season they wouldnt have suffered a hell of a lot!!?

1. not even mourinho would whine so much about it, the way freddie whined over owen.

2. chelsea would still be title contenders with or without drogba.

Guest JamesD

Because if Chelsea lost Drogba for the whole season they wouldnt have suffered a hell of a lot!!?

1. not even mourinho would whine so much about it, the way freddie whined over owen.

what are you talking about? When terry was out for a period of weeks all you heard was "well, we're missing our best player" from mourinho. At least roeder didn;t start bitching about injuries until a few months of shit luck.

Guest johnson293

Hmm, sure I read mourinho having a whinge just after our Carling Cup match against them, when Chelsea had loads of Injuries - basically saying he was envious of Roeder being able to bring the kids in to do a job??!!!

However, Perhaps chelsea/drogba was a bad comparison, as they have a more forwards they could bring in to do the job.

A better example would be if Rooney had gotten as badly injured as Owen did at the World Cup (i.e miss a whole season) - I bet Fergie would have had something to say. You could also look at Arsenal without Henry - he didn't get injured for France, but they have missed him.

Guest stormrider

Hmm, sure I read mourinho having a whinge just after our Carling Cup match against them, when Chelsea had loads of Injuries - basically saying he was envious of Roeder being able to bring the kids in to do a job??!!!

However, Perhaps chelsea/drogba was a bad comparison, as they have a more forwards they could bring in to do the job.

A better example would be if Rooney had gotten as badly injured as Owen did at the World Cup (i.e miss a whole season) - I bet Fergie would have had something to say. You could also look at Arsenal without Henry - he didn't get injured for France, but they have missed him.

none would go and demand an extra 150k for their player right after getting a not-so-deserved 6M, though.

oh and by the way, mourinho/venger/ferguson all know how to make use of certain players when they have them. something which shepherd's appointee, roeder, has no clue of.

what are you talking about? When terry was out for a period of weeks all you heard was "well, we're missing our best player" from mourinho. At least roeder didn;t start bitching about injuries until a few months of shit luck.

Not shit luck. Shit management and shit transfer activity.

I'm sorry but this has to be said. Freddie Shepherd has absolutely no right to demand more money from the FA after getting £6M from soho square, he's just bullying the FA and is trying to get a couple of extra pounds to stuff his fat pocket.

Injuries happen, and a well managed football club will never crumble due to injuries alone. So, before you open your pie hole about how this injury has damaged the team and beg for compensation money, go learn how to manage a football club so that when you lose you lose key member or two, you'd still be able to have a team (and a manager) that can stand on its feet.

Im sure that £6m was from Fifa,Our insurances and FA insurances. Didnt Fifa give us something like £3m? The money we have had off the FA was £50k a week towards Owens wages, They havent paid a penny towards the medical costs

keep this thread, the other one has turned into b.s.

Except that the other thread contains a very pertinent point - the head of the God-damned FA disagrees with you most vehemently!

Yes, injuries happen, but the current issue is the cost of the operation, some 150,000 quid - which is peanuts to both the club and the FA. It's become a principle thing, which is exactly why this support has come out now - because it is a seperate issue from the big compensation  from the FA and FIFA (which we will probably lose on the grounds you mentioned in your opening post)*

It's a curly subject, one no one wants to take up, so I guess if we're being honest we should give Freddy kudos for having the courage to force the issue. Maybe you thik it makes us a laughing stock - I'm sure some of Jean-Marc Bosman's friends told him he was an idiot for fighting his case too...

*EDIT: Yes, we have 6m, but Freddy is sitll pushing the FA and FIFA for more on that issue, which is, I understand, seperate from the costs of the operation...

tbf Freddie hasnt been in the papers every day like he could've been, when he's anked certain questions he has answered them as he see's fit. Even if he is a fat twat.

But im all for him getting compensation for it, international teams get away with so much shit solely because of the so called privilege of getting to play for your country.

Guest stormrider

I'm just pissed he's so worked up trying to get an amount of money he's going to pay again a week later (in owen's wages) while when it really matters, (i.e. regarding the SHIT position we're in) he's absolutely clueless.

I'm just pissed he's so worked up trying to get an amount of money he's going to pay again a week later (in owen's wages) while when it really matters, (i.e. regarding the s*** position we're in) he's absolutely clueless.

ffs.... he is the chairman... even it just 1 cent... but if that club money... he should get it...

Guest johnson293

I'm just pissed he's so worked up trying to get an amount of money he's going to pay again a week later (in owen's wages) while when it really matters, (i.e. regarding the s*** position we're in) he's absolutely clueless.

Can't argue with that, and I know what you mean.

While I agree with his arguement about Owen's injury, If he only put so much effort into trying to put right whats clearly wrong at the club, instead of a 'crusade' which will inevitabely turn into more publicity for him.

Not at all, name me another striker on their books who would have got 30+ goals this season? Chelsea would be a lot further behind ManU in the league if it wasn't for Drogba and probably wouldn't have made it as far in the cup competions.

If we had Owen fit this season we would have done a hell of a lot better than we have!

Guest stormrider

By the way................................

Don't wanna spark a insane conversation here but....

Do you think Freddie would put any effort in getting compensation money had luque been injured while playing for spain?

Agree with you.

Instead of making so much noise about 150,000k he should realise and he should see that this club is going in the wrong direction under this clown manager and should start looking for the right manager

Shepherd is as clueless as Roeder

if you took away drogbas goals where would they be?

Mid table, because theyd really be playing with 10 men every game.

Mid table, because sheva & kalou hardly scores

And theyd have gone an entire season with two strikers because theyre penniless and have no buying power.

Guest stormrider

if you took away drogbas goals where would they be?

Mid table, because theyd really be playing with 10 men every game.

Mid table, because sheva & kalou hardly scores

And theyd have gone an entire season with two strikers because theyre penniless and have no buying power.

and have a clueless manager and chairman who have no idea how to run a club, unlike our great FF and roeder.

Guest johnson293

By the way................................

Don't wanna spark a insane conversation here but....

Do you think Freddie would put any effort in getting compensation money had luque been injured while playing for spain?

Or Given for Ireland? Equally as important a player for us.

I bet the IFA were bricking it when Bellamy went in on (and injured) Given a few weeks ago when Wales Played the Republic - probably wondering if the club lawyers would be on the blower!!  :uglystupid2: