Bundesliga (und Fußball) - 2017/18

samag

Bit of musical chairs going on. Magath is off back to Wolfsburg and Rangnick is on his way back to Schalke.

They probably never should have fired Rangnick in the first place, but Assauer didn't like him. The longer I follow Schalke, the more convinced I am that they have a bad case of the Newcastles, and all their problems can be traced back to a bunch of tools running the club.

Rangnick resigned after they sold Luis Gustavo behind his back.

I was talking about when Schalke fired him before he went to Hoffenheim.

Bit of musical chairs going on. Magath is off back to Wolfsburg and Rangnick is on his way back to Schalke.

They probably never should have fired Rangnick in the first place, but Assauer didn't like him. The longer I follow Schalke, the more convinced I am that they have a bad case of the Newcastles, and all their problems can be traced back to a bunch of tools running the club.

Rangnick resigned after they sold Luis Gustavo behind his back.

I was talking about when Schalke fired him before he went to Hoffenheim.

Oops, my bad!  Looks like Jupp Heynckes will be Van Gaal´s replacement at Bayern. A bit gutted for Leverkusen, they were doing well under him and after picking up 16 points in their last 6 games they even have a off chance winning the title.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Official now - Van Gaal will stay at Bayern till the end of the season and will leave then.

I really can see them doing even worse now as I can't see the players wanting to give their 100 % for him now (which they haven't down recently anyway)

Pretty funny, if only because of the 442 article last month totally bigging him up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McClaren's tactics were too kick and run for Germany.

y Probably true and despite his poor reign I think they've only won once since he was sacked. Probably turn around enough to stay up now Magath is back incharge though I'd have thought. Despite him getting pelters from one or two Schalke players now he's left.

Guest Heneage

His thinking was sound enough in theory but playing Dzeko alone up top was never going to work, and as I said Germany is too technical for a simple game. It was sad in some ways because he was quite the tactician in Holland. Admittedly his success was based around hard working wingers and really they were a counter attacking 4-5-1 instead of the much reported 4-3-3.

I was also surprised he spent all his money yet didn't try to secure a ball winning midfielder, a real leader.

How's Nuri Sahin getting along these days?

Merks me to fuck that I used to rinse my BVB supporting mate that he used rant and rave about this kid about 5/6 year ago and he's been proven right.

How's Nuri Sahin getting along these days?

Merks me to f*** that I used to rinse my BVB supporting mate that he used rant and rave about this kid about 5/6 year ago and he's been proven right.

He's been one of Dortmunds key players this season. Fantastic on the occasions that I've seen them. Scored a cracker when they beat Bayern 3-1 at Allianz Arena.

It'll be remarkable if Wolfsburg go down like. Winning the title too relegation in 2 (?) years, in this day and age has to be one of the biggest plane crashes in football.

Agree. They won't go down, though.

FT Bayern FC 5 - Leverkusen 1

1-0 S. Rolfes ('7, Own goal)

2-0 M. Gómez ('28)

3-0 M. Gómez ('44)

4-0 M. Gómez ('45)

4-1 E. Derdiyok ('62)

5-1 F. Ribery ('75)

HT Dortmund 2 - Freiburg 0

1-0 M. Götze ('23)

2-0 R. Lewandowski ('43)

Championeeeee Championeeeeee o le o le o le