Martins: I'm gannin neewhere

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Obafemi Martins has assured the Toon Army: "I'm not going anywhere". (The People)        :coolsmiley:

Expect a £5m sale on August 31st then ;)

Guest Saint Andy

be nice if he could learn to play football a bit better and not give the ball away about 2sec after he gets it.

be nice if he could learn to play football a bit better and not give the ball away about 2sec after he gets it.

be nice if we had £30m to spend on a 21 year old who was the finished article aswell.

be nice if we had £30m to spend on a 21 year old who was the finished article aswell.

It would be nice, though. He does the hard stuff well, but the 'easier' things he seems to struggle with.

A 22-year-old, inexperienced player being played effectively out of position without a consistent/good partner, whose goals have basically saved us from relegation, clearly not enough for some people.

He is still young, often doing the work of 2 strikers and gets fed scraps all game. Its no suprise when he actually gets the ball he sometimes tries to do a bit too much and miscontrols or overruns it.

He is still young, often doing the work of 2 strikers and gets fed scraps all game. Its no suprise when he actually gets the ball he sometimes tries to do a bit too much and miscontrols or overruns it.

Exactly...

Obafemi Martins is adamant he has no plans to quit Newcastle United in the summer after just one season at St James' Park.

The striker has proved to be a powerful presence in The Magpies' forward line and has scored 17 goals for the club.

But the £10million signing's exploits have prompted talk that he could be offered the chance to leave the North East at the end of the season.

Martins has dismissed the notion of a move and has assured Newcastle supporters they have yet to see his best form.

"I am happy at Newcastle," Martins told The People. "I love the city and the people.

"I have settled very quickly, with the help of the players and the manager.

"It is not about what I have achieved in seven months, it is about the full five years of my contract and I intend to be at Newcastle for all that time.

"Our fans are the best in the world. Even if we are losing or not playing well there are still 52,000 backing us and I respect that.

"I want them to know that the best is yet to come from me. I am excited about what lies ahead."

He is a fucking legend!

Guest smoggeordie

Anybody suprised?

We just signed him,there was no way he will leave us by the end of this season,he loves this club (at least for now) and i think he will stay for atleast the next 2 years..

Good job ruining the thread.

Anybody suprised?

We just signed him,there was no way he will leave us by the end of this season,he loves this club (at least for now) and i think he will stay for atleast the next 2 years..

I closed it , you ruined the other thread

;)

Anybody suprised?

Newcastle Fan's mere presence often does crucify threads, but i can't see how on this occassion?

You have to admire Oba's commitment. It's fantastic. Especially when you consider his background; he's come from Inter Milan, constant title chasers and regulars in the Champions League. To go from that to our shithole of team. Also, the city of Milan is a stark contrast to Newcastle, it's a bit different... i've been to both. And since he has got here, he has said nothing but positive things about the club and the area.

Love him to bits me, like. :D

Anybody suprised?

Newcastle Fan's mere presence often does crucify threads, but i can't see how on this occassion?

Hey hey hey

Come to think about it,it actually does :undecided: