Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Post match thoughts

Dave

Good point, very hard work but can't help but feel Chelsea were there for the taking.

Emre, Milner excellent, but Taylor man of the match by some distance imo. :clap:

First-half diagnosis?

Second-half diagnosis?

Full-time diagnosis?

Star man for United?

Worst United player?

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Toon-cons?

Post-match feelings?

Emre MOTM, followed by Taylor. Milner didn't see as much of the ball in the 2nd half, but still a very good game overall. Carrol looked decent, would've liked him to have tried when he got behind the defence.

comfortably the better side all match. if we'd had a natural striker alongside martins we wouldve won easily. good game considering this is a side that had to win to keep pace in the title race. Taylor was brilliant, best match in his career so far. Also thought butt and emre played well, with martins milner and solano also good.

i tought bramble and nicky butt stood out as todays best. whole team where very good, but i missed some movement from martins. Also i think Carroll was a bright spark who should start a game soon.

Taylor, Emre, Milner, Butt, Solano all decent. Carroll impressive, Carrs done worse, Titus made a couple of big mistakes AND a couple of great tackles, Harper didn't have to do much. Martins has done better, Sibierski was poor.

Good performance, one of the best of the season. Still doesnt hide the face weve been awful too many times this season, and 7 wins out of 18 home games is bloody terrible!

Harper 7

Solano 7

Bramble 8

Taylor 9

Carr 8

Dyer 7

Emre 7

Butt 7

Milner 8

Martins 7

Sibierski 6

Young Carroll seems to have a lot of confidence.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

i tought bramble and nicky butt stood out as todays best. whole team where very good, but i missed some movement from martins. Also i think Carroll was a bright spark who should start a game soon.

Bramble made a few good challenges but he made two or three mistakes too. Taylor was impressive in any way today and same was emre and milner!

Guest Phil K

Fair do's - Bramble done good. Drogba always does us as a rule.

Good performance, one of the best of the season. Still doesnt hide the face weve been awful too many times this season, and 7 wins out of 18 home games is bloody terrible!

Absolutely.

A 0-0 result hardly makes up for some of the sh*t we've put up with in recent weeks. Nor does it change my opinion of Roeder's management.

Anyone else think Martins has been told to play it more safe and concentrate on keeping the ball instead of taking players on? A number of times in the second half he turned and passed back instead of attacking. Crowd got a bit annoyed too with it imo.