Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Post match thoughts

Dave

Didn't see the game, it's a good point - without a doubt.

Disappointed N'Zogbia didn't even get a look in. But i think any hope to do with him now is effectively false.

wy disappointed,our best left sided midfielder this season played there and played well.

Because the brightest young talent we've had in absolutely donkeys years is effectively finished here now.

he was a bright young talent lastv season,this season he has been picked (like duff) on his past rather than current form,duff has been marginally better in my view,milner has been streets ahead of both when on the left.

I have said this before but I think Milner plays better down the left. He seems to have a lot of his better games there.

One thing I will say, Parker gets slated for jumping in, as well as he played boy did Emre throw himself around a lot :lol:

Disappointed N'Zogbia didn't even get a look in. But i think any hope to do with him now is effectively false.

wy disappointed,our best left sided midfielder this season played there and played well.

Because the brightest young talent we've had in absolutely donkeys years is effectively finished here now.

He's shown some flashes of brilliance, but don't you think he'd be playing if he was our "brightest young talent"?

He's shown some flashes of brilliance, but don't you think he'd be playing if he was our "brightest young talent"?

not this season he hasn't

he was a bright young talent lastv season,this season he has been picked (like duff) on his past rather than current form,duff has been marginally better in my view,milner has been streets ahead of both when on the left.

Eggzackerly. 

Eggzackerly. 

aye,our ex coach,derek eggzackerly

For me Milner is our brightest young talent, he was more productive than N'Zogbia last season in a worse team and this season he has been very productive again.

Also his attitude and effort has been commendable especially due to the way he was practically tossed aside like a used condom.

For me Milner is our brightest young talent, he was more productive than N'Zogbia last season in a worse team and this season he has been very productive again.

Also his attitude and effort has been commendable especially due to the way he was practically tossed aside like a used condom.

Yep, just come back, never moaned, worked his arse off and has had a very good season.

Comes across as a lad who just wants to play football, great attitude.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, it's completely spot on.

But N'Zogbia was absolutely fantastic last season. And this season, Roeder's killed him. In my opinion, anyway.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, it's completely spot on.

But N'Zogbia was absolutely fantastic last season. And this season, Roeder's killed him. In my opinion, anyway.

more like injuries have killed him

Makes you wonder why the feck we are where we are today when we can play like that. Okay Chelsea have played far better than that but still we competed well and only a 10 min spell in the 2nd half did we really look under the cosh.

That was encouraging if we showed as much effort all season we would be in a much healthier position. Still improvements are to be made but it was good to see a bit of guts and thunder today. MOTM Taylor IMO but special mention to Emre who worked his socks off.

A mention for Carr as well, not that it takes much but that was better from him today. A vast improvement on anything I have seen with him in the past 2 seasons.

All that said we'll probably be served up a lot of crap for our next game!

Happy with the performance, apart from Dyer who was absolutely fucking woeful again...........no doubt Oliver will be sucking his cock in the Chronicle tomorrow night.

It will be a great day when that malingering little waster leaves our club.

Guest BooBoo

Very good battling performance today although some of the comments on here have confirmed how few of the posters actually attend St James'.  :lol:

Got to agree about Dyer, he kept drifting in, making himself unavailable by standing centrally at the edge of the box. He should be dropped on his form of late.

He totally unbalanced our team going forward, in the first half Butt had to cover his position and I felt sorry for Solano being left with the winger and full-back a couple of times.

He was more disciplined in the second half but still drifited in, which limited Nobby's options going forward. He should have been subbed for charles and moved milner over to the right-hand side.

Glen takes far too long to make subs, as the game was crying out for a change in the second half with Caroll to be brought on and someone else for Dyer.

Still, most of the team played really well, and its nice being able to disagree about MoM when there are so many candidates (personally thought Butt deserved it).

The centre of midfield looked solid, the back for were a good unit, and our left side worked well for two right footed players (ok milner can use his left as well but mainly right footed).

Slight off game for Martins too.

Emre played how he did when we first signed him. Milner put in our best left wing performance that I can remember this season and Taylor was class. Bramble - see bramble thread. 

Mourhino in the aftermatch  interview said we deserved to win and Taylor and Bramble were on top of there game.

Zoggy could learn alot from Milner about how to fight for a first tema place and how to carry the rtight mental attitude.

Milner was thrown out on loan to Villa, came back here to fight for a place in the first team, then had the insult of nearly being outed on transfer deadline day, yet here he is a first team starter and a very very bright young player. I nothing but admiration for the lad.

I love the way people cannot wait to jump on Dyer, yeah he drifted in and out of the game playing in a role he hates, but when he was coming inside for the ball it was purley down to the fact that we were not doing much at all down the right so he was not getting much of the ball.

If he did so little in the game then how the fkn hell did we get a 0-0? if he was as bad as some are saying it would have been like playing with 10 men!!

Makes you wonder why the feck we are where we are today when we can play like that. Okay Chelsea have played far better than that but still we competed well and only a 10 min spell in the 2nd half did we really look under the cosh.

That was encouraging if we showed as much effort all season we would be in a much healthier position. Still improvements are to be made but it was good to see a bit of guts and thunder today. MOTM Taylor IMO but special mention to Emre who worked his socks off.

A mention for Carr as well, not that it takes much but that was better from him today. A vast improvement on anything I have seen with him in the past 2 seasons.

All that said we'll probably be served up a lot of crap for our next game!

jesus steal my thunder why dont you.why oh why do our so called superstars no marks turn in a performance above expectations  when in reality we should be getting twanked today if you go by our league position .what is a matter with our club get a point off chelsea fighting for the title one week and earlier go down pitifully agains pompey and results like that most weeks too .is it the manager getting attitude right for certain games or the players .fook me i dont know how to feel but one things for sure a few seasons ago we could have beaten this lot even with there cash input.makes my heart bleed .

Zoggy could learn alot from Milner about how to fight for a first tema place and how to carry the rtight mental attitude.

Milner was thrown out on loan to Villa, came back here to fight for a place in the first team, then had the insult of nearly being outed on transfer deadline day, yet here he is a first team starter and a very very bright young player. I nothing but admiration for the lad.

I love the way people cannot wait to jump on Dyer, yeah he drifted in and out of the game playing in a role he hates, but when he was coming inside for the ball it was purley down to the fact that we were not doing much at all down the right so he was not getting much of the ball.

If he did so little in the game then how the fkn hell did we get a 0-0? if he was as bad as some are saying it would have been like playing with 10 men!!

aye,so he selfishly comes inside,dragging defenders in with him ,cutting down space for martins or any run from the centre....no coincidence our best chance came from one of the few occasions he played his role right.

aye,so he selfishly comes inside,dragging defenders in with him ,cutting down space for martins or any run from the centre....no coincidence our best chance came from one of the few occasions he played his role right.

I am not saying he had a great game or did nothing wrong, but fkn hell the grief he gets its beyond a joke.

If he had stuck out wode right all the time he would have hardly seen the ball then we would be seeing posts saying "why did he not come in for the ball, to happy to stay wide and contribute nothing blah blah blah". The lad cannot win..