Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Post match thoughts

Dave

Didn't see the game, it's a good point - without a doubt.

Disappointed N'Zogbia didn't even get a look in. But i think any hope to do with him now is effectively false.

wy disappointed,our best left sided midfielder this season played there and played well.

Because the brightest young talent we've had in absolutely donkeys years is effectively finished here now.

he was a bright young talent lastv season,this season he has been picked (like duff) on his past rather than current form,duff has been marginally better in my view,milner has been streets ahead of both when on the left.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, it's completely spot on.

But N'Zogbia was absolutely fantastic last season. And this season, Roeder's killed him. In my opinion, anyway.

more like injuries have killed him

more like playing duffy killed N'Zogbia

Thought we played a really good game today, seems we like rising to the top 4 challenge. To see Bramble handling Dragba was encouraging, but those lapses in concentration are awful....... Andy needs to start.

-Would of liked Roeder to have played N'Zogbia Left Wing and Milner Right Wing and Dyer though the middle.

I can't agree there - if Dyer was through the middle yesterday we would have gotten murdered. Maybe, maybe there was a case for Zog on the left and Milner on the right, but at the expense of Dyer and not Emre or Butt

But on the whole I think for once Roeder got the balance right. Now if only he could learn the technique of making effective tactical substitutions and he will have made some progress from shite to mediocre!

Harper - 7 - did what he had to well. Better distribution that Given.

Solano - 7 - our best right back.

Bramble - 6 - Not bad, fewer fuckups, but still made his typical errors.

Taylor - 7 - Did very well, considering who he was next to.

Carr - 6 - Shite defender in "did alright" shocker. But please, in summer, fuck off.

Dyer - 4 - Why does he get played there? Not a great footballer, and not a great winger.

Butt - 7 - Again, impressive.

Emre - 6 - Loses the ball too much still, but tried to make something happen.

Milner - 7 - Still improving, deserves his place in the team.

Sibierski - 6 - Did ok, nothing special. Shouldn't really get a game, but we are desperate.

Martins - 6 - Positionally weak again at times. More bluster than product, but midfield yet again didn't help him.

And that they steal extra yards on every free-kick, god they fkn boil my piss!!

Taylor is better than Bramble but Moore is better than both, 1 good game in 5 is not good enough I am affraid, Moore when fit is out best CB!

Taylor our only good quality CB + he's getting better and better, i'm a big fan. Moore's past it and Titus is baffling as he has the odd good game but more shite ones so get rid of both. I'd like to have seen Hunty given a decent shot at CB and Edgar at either LB or CB. However these two positions are top priority imo come the summer.

Emre was our best player on Sunday imo, didn't give their midfield 2 minutes peace.

Both centre halves played well too but Bramble could play like Beckenbauer for the rest of the season for all I care, I would hope the decision on him has already been made and will not be changed.

Chelsea never really looked like a team challenging for the title.