Better side without Parker

Guest @ndy

Its gets said many times but I also have just posted it ont he match thread, we are a better team without him, I cant work out how I do rate him as a player but he does seem to slow out play down when he is in the team.

To be honest, I don't think we're a better side without Parker.

That's not to say I rate Parker - I don't... But to be fair to the lad, Butt and Emre are just as limited in what they actually provide to the team. Especially in an attacking sense.

We're a better team when Roeder doesn't need to motivate the players.

We lose no games at home to the top 4 yet get humiliated by some real s****. You need look no further for a reason for Roeder to go.

The fact is that we should have lost to Man Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal

We were just lucky that they didnt score their opportunities

We will be better team without Roeder not without Parker

End of...

We're a better team when Roeder doesn't need to motivate the players.

We lose no games at home to the top 4 yet get humiliated by some real shite. You need look no further for a reason for Roeder to go.

Agree, HTT would disagree...

The fact is that we should have lost to Man Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal

We were just lucky that they didnt score their opportunities

We will be better team without Roeder not without Parker

End of...

Were you watching the same games? We more than deserved the point against Man Utd, Pool were shite in the rain, and Arsenal... :lol: was as poor as any Newcastle side i've seen all season last monday...

Now can you explain why you think we should've lost those games? Not to mention today when Harper didnt make a single save while we could have sneaked it had Dyer/Martins/Carroll been more clinical.

Guest andynufc84

Liverpool created an absolute hatful of chances in the 1st half at SJP - it could have been over at half time. Man Utd showed their vast superiority to us on new years day but couldn't turn pressure into goals, but rest assured they could have scored 10 on another day.

At times in both games we played okay and showed certain fighting qualities, but both games could have been very heavy defeats.

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been saying it all season! Emre and Butt work very well and if you look at the games they have played together i can bet we've been hard to beat! Parker is a liability as far as im concerned!! Also Milnar and Dyer on wigns spot on!! must be our midfield 4 next season unless new faces are brought in!!

It's a tough question. I reckon Parker's a decent player, but i reckon he holds us back.

He's a decent player - but it's just a case of finding him a role and fitting him in. He doesn't have a role, that's the thing. I think he's more likely to become an attacking centre-mid, rather than a defensive one, personally. But at the moment he's neither. I honestly don't believe he has either the vision or the passing range to make it as an effective defensive midfielder. He has the tackling ability, yes, but the huffing and puffing that we see week-in week-out isn't enough to qualify him as someone who'll perform infront of the back four effectively.

(HTL-mode deactivated)

He's more likely to turn himself into an attacking player i reckon, because he's good at the arriving-late-in-the-box business, and that lark.

The thing is, for me - Emre excels when he doesn't play with Parker. And i think Emre is the better player, so that's what's important. It's getting the best out of the best players that is the key to success, surely?

:angel: wept

A smiley with a halo wept? Why?

Silly billy! It's obvious he means the well used phrase "Angel wept" ! Duhhh... :lol:

We are a better side without Roeder trying to turn Parker to "our Gerrard"

Isn't really "our Mascherano" either.

He was brilliant last season i have to say,he is a genuine DMC,the type of players that will tackle everything to win the ball.anyone trying to change that will turn him to a shit player,and thats what Roeder doing at the moment.