PFA Team of the Year

James

Well it's the players who voted for them so it's not like you can claim "London bias" or whatever this time.

Pfft, there are a stack of London clubs in the PL, it's clearly London bias.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Is it just me? or would this make it even funnier if Man U end up giving up there once 12pt lead and handing the title back to Chelsea.

Dislike both! but I don't think we can just allocate it to whoever we like now can we.

Chel$ea winning the league would be the OPPOSITE of funny.

Its not as if Man U don't splash out! Rio, Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick, Saha even Veron thats £120m+ for 6 players, I hate it when my Man U mates pull out the Chelski line (thats not to say I agree with chelsea's buying power though)

I hate Chelsea with a passion, but there's something I'd love about Man U blowing a big lead after what happened in 96.

This

Well it's the players who voted for them so it's not like you can claim "London bias" or whatever this time.

Pfft, there are a stack of London clubs in the PL, it's clearly London bias.

Aye cos if Sunderland were in the PL all our players would have a bias and vote for them and vice versa ffs.

1. van der Sar - Never been that good IMO, I can remember a game against Fulham not so long ago where he played well but for most of the season he has had nowt to do but watch, and has been pretty dodgy in recent weeks. Probably got in because the main competition Cech has been injured but I would always give this award to someone with a heavier workload such as Jaaskelinen, James or Carson.

2. Neville - This is my bias creeping in but he's not a special player and can in no way be considered the outstanding candidate. I would have given it to Steve Finnan by the virtue of him not being Gary Neville.

3. Evra - I'd like to say "WTF is he doing here?" but I'm struggling to name someone else. Cole has been very disappointing IMO, there isn't much else left. I'll let him slide.

4. Ferdinand - No dispute. I know some people look down their nose at him but IMO he's a class act.

5. Vidic - Suprising. I think he's monstorously overrated (Shite when the ball drops below head height IMO) but altho he's had a lot of good games (Not suprising when 90% of the teams in this league constantly hoof the ball from back to front) I would have put either Carragher or Carvalho in there instead.

6. Scholes - Obviously. Best player of that group of "kids" by a street IMO even if he can't tackle for shit. Benefited from the time off he had with that going blind dealie, probably 3rd best player in the league this season.

7. Ronaldo - Hmm...

8. Gerrard - This selection belongs firmly in the "Eh?!?!" category. Spent the first half of the season on the right wing, done alright since moving in but nothing spectacular by his standards. Would definetly have Essien in there instead.

9. Drogba - Obvious choice.

10. Berbatov - Debatable. I think he's a class act, tremendous player most of the time but he's done f all away from home. But I'd struggle to name a replacement. Looking at the top scorers there is only really Rooney, who I don't think is that hot and is very inconsistent, and Benni McCarthy, who is not as good a player as Berbatov obviously but he does seem more consistent. I'd probably agree with the choice of Berbatov tbf.

11. Giggs - No. Never been as good as some make out IMO, and I don't think he's contributed that much this season(Ronaldo and Scholes absolutely carry that team as far as I'm concerned). I would have put someone like Matt Taylor in there, I think he's done a lot more to help his team and has produced more of a thrill factor for Joe Public with his stupid ammount of wondergoals.

So that comes out:

James

Finnan Ferdinand Carragher Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Essien Taylor

Drogba Berbatov

Also think its interesting that there was no love for Lampard. Even if he's carried on scoring silly ammounts of goals, he's not been selected here, wasn't nominated for the main award and most of the country wants him out of the England side. HIs star seems to be falling...

Guest brewer

Jesus Christ, Matthew Taylor has not been better than Ryan Giggs this season.

And he is as good as made out.

1. van der Sar - Never been that good IMO, I can remember a game against Fulham not so long ago where he played well but for most of the season he has had nowt to do but watch, and has been pretty dodgy in recent weeks. Probably got in because the main competition Cech has been injured but I would always give this award to someone with a heavier workload such as Jaaskelinen, James or Carson.

2. Neville - This is my bias creeping in but he's not a special player and can in no way be considered the outstanding candidate. I would have given it to Steve Finnan by the virtue of him not being Gary Neville.

3. Evra - I'd like to say "WTF is he doing here?" but I'm struggling to name someone else. Cole has been very disappointing IMO, there isn't much else left. I'll let him slide.

4. Ferdinand - No dispute. I know some people look down their nose at him but IMO he's a class act.

5. Vidic - Suprising. I think he's monstorously overrated (Shite when the ball drops below head height IMO) but altho he's had a lot of good games (Not suprising when 90% of the teams in this league constantly hoof the ball from back to front) I would have put either Carragher or Carvalho in there instead.

6. Scholes - Obviously. Best player of that group of "kids" by a street IMO even if he can't tackle for shit. Benefited from the time off he had with that going blind dealie, probably 3rd best player in the league this season.

7. Ronaldo - Hmm...

8. Gerrard - This selection belongs firmly in the "Eh?!?!" category. Spent the first half of the season on the right wing, done alright since moving in but nothing spectacular by his standards. Would definetly have Essien in there instead.

9. Drogba - Obvious choice.

10. Berbatov - Debatable. I think he's a class act, tremendous player most of the time but he's done f all away from home. But I'd struggle to name a replacement. Looking at the top scorers there is only really Rooney, who I don't think is that hot and is very inconsistent, and Benni McCarthy, who is not as good a player as Berbatov obviously but he does seem more consistent. I'd probably agree with the choice of Berbatov tbf.

11. Giggs - No. Never been as good as some make out IMO, and I don't think he's contributed that much this season(Ronaldo and Scholes absolutely carry that team as far as I'm concerned). I would have put someone like Matt Taylor in there, I think he's done a lot more to help his team and has produced more of a thrill factor for Joe Public with his stupid ammount of wondergoals.

So that comes out:

James

Finnan Ferdinand Carragher Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Essien Taylor

Drogba Berbatov

Also think its interesting that there was no love for Lampard. Even if he's carried on scoring silly ammounts of goals, he's not been selected here, wasn't nominated for the main award and most of the country wants him out of the England side. HIs star seems to be falling...

Accurate assessment tbh. Though i would have had Paul Robinson in over James.

I think this selection - to an extent - reflects how much professional players would like to see Man U turn over Chelsea. Vidic over Terry or Carvalho is quite dodgy, although he has played well.

Van der Sar

G Neville R Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Gerrard Giggs

Drogba Berbatov

:lol: :lol:

Jesus Wept...

The whole defence is Man Utd's

My team would be:

Cech(he is better then EVS any day of the week)

Chimbonda        Rio Ferdinand      Carvalho       Riise

Ronaldo           Scholes            Lampard            Matthew Taylor

Drogba          Benni McCarthy(although my countryman Berbatov fully deserves this award)

Anyone interested in the PFA Team of the Year in the Championship:

Murray

Alexander        Davies          D.Moore     Bale

Edwards        Koumas         Whitehead   McSheffrey

Kamara       Chopra