PFA Team of the Year

James

Guest Knightrider

Mine

James

Nobby Lescott Vidic Shorey

Ronaldo Scholes Carsley Arteta

Drogba McCarthy

James - some exceptional goalkeeping this season on a consistent weekly basis.

Nobby - How many times has he looked like a RW playing at RB and not a RW who has played at RB all his life?

Lescott - First season in the Premiership and has performed exeptionally well, although used at LB a lot. Still, very impressive debut season. Will he be able to do it season in season out though?

Vidic - One of the most improved players in the Premiership, looked a flop when he first arrived, now looks like a bargain, will be interesting to see if he can do it in his second full season.

Shorey - One of the reasons of Reading's success, looks a very good LB and impressed a great deal, especially going forward. Will he be able to do it season in season out though?

Ronaldo - Best player I've seen at that age, close up. Fantastic.

Scholes - Not the goalscoring Scholes of old, but a better all-round player IMO. Class.

Carsley - Everton's key man, never really noticed him before but he's impressed me this season.

Arteta - An underrated player IMO. Class player, great to watch. Much improved.

Drogba - Much improved, one of the best in the world now. Looks fucking knackered though now, seems he's running on empty, not surprised.

McCarthy - To score the number of goals he has in his first season for a team like Blackburn, and ythe quality of his goals, is no mean feat. Excellent season. Will he be able to do it season in season out though?

i think ferdinand has been better than vidic and yobo probably better than lescott when ive seen everton. but vidic and lescott are getting the attention cos they are new players only beginning to catch the eye.

Didn't Lescott play in the Premiership with either Wolves or Leicester?

James

Neville Ferdinand Campbell Evra

Ronaldo Essien Scholes Giggs

McCarthy Drogba

Chel$ea winning the league would be the OPPOSITE of funny.

Its not as if Man U don't splash out! Rio, Rooney, Ronaldo, Carrick, Saha even Veron thats £120m+ for 6 players, I hate it when my Man U mates pull out the Chelski line (thats not to say I agree with chelsea's buying power though)

It's the source of money that bugs people. All Manure's money comes within the club because of support and past success.

Guest Knightrider

Nolberto Solano in the premiership team of the year? and you call spurs fans deluded.

Nowt deluded about his inclusion or any bias. He has been outstanding at RB and given his age and our defensive problems this season, that just adds to his performances. I could plump for safe options but why should I when for a whole season, I have been watching Nobby closely and haven't seen these safe options that everyone else raves about and who look good in the odd live match and highlights I get to see, perform any better? They may have done over the course of a full season, but I wouldn't know having not watched these players in every game... unlike Nobby.

Ronaldo was played out of the game up here when we drew 2-2 with them for example, by Nobby. Only for one half mind but he was so frustrated he resorted to niggly fouls and shooting wildy from long range that brought about nothing but jeers and looks of disapprovement from his own team-mates.

He's been brilliant for us. How many players influence their entire team from RB? With Nobby at RB the defence play the ball out or try to, instead of the usual lumping it long. The defence and subsequently the midfield (because they get more balls from the defence) look that much more better, or different as units with Nobby at RB.

Too rights he's in my team for the season he's had :clap:

BTW I've noticed you included Berbatov in YOUR team :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Wolves, but only played a handful of games due to injury, when they were already down late on in the season too as subs IIRC. Could be wrong like, but I'm sure he missed pretty much all of their season.

He was a Wolves player when they were in the Premiership but he didn't play. Missed the whole season due to a knee injury, believe it was caused by some gangster who wasn't best pleased about Lescott seeing his bird...

Guest kingdawson

Nolberto Solano in the premiership team of the year? and you call spurs fans deluded.

Nowt deluded about his inclusion or any bias. He has been outstanding at RB and given his age and our defensive problems this season, that just adds to his performances. I could plump for safe options but why should I when for a whole season, I have been watching Nobby closely and haven't seen these safe options that everyone else raves about and who look good in the odd live match and highlights I get to see, perform any better? They may have done over the course of a full season, but I wouldn't know having not watched these players in every game... unlike Nobby.

Ronaldo was played out of the game up here when we drew 2-2 with them for example, by Nobby. Only for one half mind but he was so frustrated he resorted to niggly fouls and shooting wildy from long range that brought about nothing but jeers and looks of disapprovement from his own team-mates.

He's been brilliant for us. How many players influence their entire team from RB? With Nobby at RB the defence play the ball out or try to, instead of the usual lumping it long. The defence and subsequently the midfield (because they get more balls from the defence) look that much more better, or different as units with Nobby at RB.

Yes as he is a realistic option and only Mccarthy and Rooney can claim they've had better seasons then him (which i do not agree with).

Iirc Solano just started playing right back for you quite recently (about a couple of months ago) and besides i can name a host of right backs that have performed better then him this season.

Finnan

Neville

Richards (even though he's been playing centre back the majority of the season)

Chimbonda

Diarra

How does Berbatov get in? this is the league team of the year not europe + league, Van Persie's scored more than Berbatov, christ.

oh ok so goals are all that matter. Lets forget the fact that he's got the most assists in the league for a striker besides Rooney and he's overal contribution to the team.

Not a fact, Crouch has more assists.

Guest Knightrider

Yes as he is a realistic option and only Mccarthy and Rooney can claim they've had better seasons then him (which i do not agree with).

Iirc Solano just started playing right back for you quite recently (about a couple of months ago) and besides i can name a host of right backs that have performed better then him this season.

Finnan

Neville

Chimbonda

Diarra

The same Diarra who has only played a few games at RB? The same Neville who has been in and out injured this season. A RB who hasn't even played at RB that much like Richards, err like Solano who has been playing there since before Xmas BTW, we are now into the 5th month soon.

Again, nowt deluded or even biased about my choice in RB. How you can lay claim to the others though given you don't even attend any games is odd. You are constantly on here when your own team is playing at the Lane so I'm more than guessing you only really see the players you vocuh for on TV or is it Youtube :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Finnan

Neville

Chimbonda

Diarra

The same Diarra who has only played a few games at RB? The same Neville who has been in and out injured this season. A RB who hasn't even played at RB that much like Richards, err like Solano who has been playing there since before Xmas BTW, we are now into the 5th month soon.

Again, nowt deluded or even biased about my choice in RB. How you can lay claim to the others though given you don't even attend any games is odd. You are constantly on here when your own team is playing at the Lane so I'm more than guessing you only really see the players you vocuh for on TV or is it Youtube :lol:

Whats me not going to games have to do with the fact that i feel other right backs have been better then solano this season? oh i see its just a personnel dig. For your information i do go to games and ive been to a few spurs games this season (just not that much). The fact is, probably 0.1 % of premiership fans would choose Solano in there team of the year (and thats only newcastle fans tbh)

Guest kingdawson

How does Berbatov get in? this is the league team of the year not europe + league, Van Persie's scored more than Berbatov, christ.

oh ok so goals are all that matter. Lets forget the fact that he's got the most assists in the league for a striker besides Rooney and he's overal contribution to the team.

Berbs has 7 assists and Crouch has 6 in the laegue so try again.

I think Berbatov justifies his place tbf, if Rooney was in it people would be complaning that all the Man Utd squad is in it. I was reading the Man Utd forum and they said Carrick and Rooney should be in the team as well.

Carrick in for Gerrard.  :thup:

Aurelio has put in some decent performances of late, I reckon he could challenge for Evra's place.

Crouch has 8 so try again.

Guest Knightrider

Finnan

Neville

Chimbonda

Diarra

Whats me not going to games have to do with the fact that i feel other right backs have been better then solano this season? oh i see its just a personnel dig. For your information i do go to games and ive been to a few spurs games this season (just not that much). The fact is, probably 0.1 % of premiership fans would choose Solano in there team of the year (and thats only newcastle fans tbh)

Look, you had a dig at me for including Solano in MY team, you are in no position whatsoever to question my selection because a) you will not have seen Nobby doing his thing too much to have any kind of opinion as to whether he has plyed well enough or not, and b) you then question the number of times he's played at RB but then go on to list players who in your head have all played better, despite one or two only playing a handful of games at RB, like Diara which if anything proves me right in selecting Nobby, a player I've seen a lot of, over others. Like you I've only seen the likes of Diara a few times so is it not more wiser to go for a player I actually know has played really well? Delusional would be picking Martins up front, or Parker, or Bramble in defence.

You won't get many fans plumping for Nobby at RB no, but you just have to look at everyone's lists to see how differing all our views are from the official list and only the obvious like Ronaldo, Drogba et all will feature more than most players.

Anyway, I shouldn't have had a dig at your RE games to attend, ignore that  :thup:

Guest kingdawson

Crouch has 8 so try again.

no actually its 6 and heres the proof http://home.skysports.com/optastats.aspx?clid=14&hlid=OPTA_Liverpool&cpid=8    (scroll down to Crouch)

Try again please.

Or you could use the official Actim stats site at http://stats.premierleague.com which says:

Most assists 

1 Ronaldo (Man Utd) 14

2 Fabregas Soler (Arsenal) 12

3 Lampard (Chelsea) 10

4 Rooney (Man Utd) 10

5 Arteta (Everton) 9

6 Bentley (Blackburn) 9

7 Crouch (Liverpool) 8

8 Giggs (Man Utd) 8

9 Berbatov (Tottenham) 7

10 Gerrard (Liverpool) 7

Try again please.