Dyer Transfer Request ??? - True Faith running with a few rumours

NG32

Guest thommo78

What Dave said. blueyes.gif

Regardless of what you think of Dyer on a personal basis, I'd like to know what the professional reasons are.

He would be classed (by outsiders at least) of one of our better players, so it doesn't particular put out a great message that we are going in the right direction when some of our percieved better players are wanting out!!

I'd like to know if he doesn't see any progress being made by Roeder or the team in the next 2-3 years or he wants to spend his time with a club with European competition. I'd be highly surprised if players these days hand in transfer requests without having something else,m or another club lined up!

If it is for money then je is a bigger tw*t that any of us thought, if it is for football reasons, I'd be slightly concerned!!

If we are not careful not only will the crap be cleared out in the summer but players that we don't want to leave. We'll end up having to replace 6 or 7 players and with Roeders record and a thin squad it would be a massive task to integrate nearly half a new team!!!

I make no opinion on this until it's proved and the reasons are clear!

Guest shaun11177

At Sheffield Utd  Dyer was deliberately warming up as far away from Roeder as possible after Sibs got injured-Roeder spent a minute gesturing wildly for Dyuer to get back to the dugout and get ready,then at the final whistle everyone else clapped the fans apart from Dyer who ran off as quickly as possible-just before the tunnel solano put his arms round him and said something and Dyer just shrugged him off and ran down the tunnel quicker than he has moved all season.

This i am sure will have something to do with Roeder planning to play him on the right wing next season.

Guest Gemmill

[if it is for money then je is a bigger tw*t that any of us thought, if it is for football reasons, I'd be slightly concerned!!

It won't be for money.  Anywhere he goes, he's taking a pay cut.  I suspect it's because since he joined us we've got gradually shitter and shitter, and he thinks we're going nowhere.

If I was a non-local NUFC player at the minute, the only thing keeping me at the club would be wages.  There are plenty teams in the Premiership that I would move to for the sake of improving my career.

I'd be disappointed to see him go, but I'd take upwards of £5-6m. Can't see Spurs going for him though.

I don't see that he has a position in the team with everyone fit because he's never asserted himself in any one position and there are better in every one imo, but the annual injury curse being as it is (Dyer-less this season to his credit), he's often a vital player for us.

He offers very little value for money, really. He's not one of our better players - we have better in every position he can supposedly play - and for the wages he is on, be it £65k or £90k, his actual end product doesn't justify it.

All in all, he should piss off, and thats just professionally. Personally, he can get to fuck and never play again, for all i care.

If true he's a Cheeky b****** tbh after picking up th 80k a week or whatever for doing very very little, we stick by him get him fit again pick up all the medical tabs and now he wants offski!! Dyers been a huge disapointment imo. Mainly due to injuries although he seems to be over the worst now. He is one of our better players though no doubt when he is actually fit. If we got a a 6-7m + id sell

His best position probaby is RW too as he's shite in the middle and not really a striker either.

He offers very little value for money, really. He's not one of our better players - we have better in every position he can supposedly play - and for the wages he is on, be it £65k or £90k, his actual end product doesn't justify it.

Agree there

Guest Billy Whitehurst

N'Zogbia and Dyer leaving would make us one of the slowest teams around.

Maybe Roeder is thinking of entering us into a vets league next year.

He's a good player, no more no less. As far as i'm concerned if we were offered 6m+ for him he can go, as he can be replaced. I still believe it to be a matter of time before he gets injured and he 27 now so he's not going to improve.

The worst thing about Dyer is the fact that it will be impossible to replace him....... only because i have no idea whatsoever of the position he's meant to play in.

N'Zogbia and Dyer leaving would make us one of the slowest teams around.

Maybe Roeder is thinking of entering us into a vets league next year.

The speed of a team comes down to intelligence, passing and movement into space, both N'Zogbia and Dyer are players who i would not consider first teamers on merit, therefore it would not effect the pace of the first team.

Btw, Owen and Martins aren't particularly slow.