The Fans

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

After yesterdays great atmosphere (in comparison to recent games), are we as guilty as the players for not being up for games against poorer teams.

From the start, the fans were in full voice, but against the likes of Birmingham, Man City etc, it is quite as a mouse for the vast majority of the game.

After yesterdays great atmosphere (in comparison to recent games), are we as guilty as the players for not being up for games against poorer teams.

From the start, the fans were in full voice, but against the likes of Birmingham, Man City etc, it is quite as a mouse for the vast majority of the game.

Do you think the fans are guilty?

Guest Gemmill

The players need to give the fans something to cheer about.  They've delivered fuck all in home games for a LONG time now and there is a cumulative sense of apathy that has been building over the last few years.  We turn up expecting shit and more often than not that's exactly what gets served up - that's not self-fulfilling btw, the players do not and should not need the fans to make a noise for them to look like a cohesive football team.  By half time the crowd has had its senses completely dulled by the uninspiring shit on offer and so it continues. 

When the players give us something to respond to (i.e. like not rolling over when the champions turn up), they get a better atmosphere.  Now they need to start doing the same against the lesser sides.

Guest Gemmill

The players need to give the fans something to cheer about.  They've delivered f*** all in home games for a LONG time now and there is a cumulative sense of apathy that has been building over the last few years.  We turn up expecting s*** and more often than not that's exactly what gets served up - that's not self-fulfilling btw, the players do not and should not need the fans to make a noise for them to look like a cohesive football team.  By half time the crowd has had its senses completely dulled by the uninspiring s*** on offer and so it continues. 

When the players give us something to respond to (i.e. like not rolling over when the champions turn up), they get a better atmosphere.  Now they need to start doing the same against the lesser sides.

But let's be fair, the vast majority of home games nowadays (even if we have been on a good run) are nearly silent.

Yeah, for the reasons I gave in my post.  Cumulative apathy.  We are all fucking pig sick of going backwards.

Yeah, for the reasons I gave in my post.  Cumulative apathy.  We are all f****** pig sick of going backwards.

I agree with the apathy but I'm not even sure how much difference the fans make these days, very few Premiership grounds, if any, have a good atmosphere.

Guest Gemmill

The fans are as bad as the team in my opinion:

completely inconsistent and only turn up for the big games!!!

Reply only if you think you're hard enough :)

With the obvious distinction that the fans are paying over the odds to be present at these utterly uninspiring games, whilst the players are paid over the odds to be both present and utterly uninspiring.

Guest Phil K

No.

Agreed.

The players have been given all the support and not delivered.

Its quite understandable that there be a drop-off in atmosphere when the team is playing with so little interest.

Guest Gemmill

How could i possibley feel up for a match when I know for 90 minutes nothing exciting will happen.  Fans need a lift just as much as players. 

Aye, the fact is the majority of fans have been going out of duty and not enjoyment for a while now - the matches have been an annoying interruption to an otherwise decent day out for some time.  And the old-timers can come along and tell me that in the olden days you couldn't have stopped people from going and the football and facilities were markedly worse etc etc. but the facts are that a) it's vastly more expensive these days, and b) we all know that we can and should be a lot better than we are (we've tasted it, and the way things are at the minute is just not good enough) and that we're going backwards fast - we all know that we've squandered our shot at the big-time through appalling decision making at the highest level.  People have just had enough basically.

Guest Knightrider

If we had Man Utd's team and our atmosphere was as shite as theirs, regardless of game, then yes we would be at fault for not turning up ourselves, but we aren't and it is down to the team to give us something to cheer about. When we see a good team playing good football and then looking capable of doing something, we will need zero encouragement to get behind the team, zero. Until...

Guest Jonny4Toon

4 people that sit behind me dont even stand up to clap the players as they get onto the pitch. They dont sing or shout or chant. They just make snidy remarks about the players, opposition, referee and management. IF U DONT ENJOY IT DONT GO!!!!!!

4 people that sit behind me dont even stand up to clap the players as they get onto the pitch. They dont sing or shout or chant. They just make snidy remarks about the players, opposition, referee and management. IF U DONT ENJOY IT DONT GO!!!!!!

They enjoy moaning, more reason for them to go than not.