Some interesting stats

NUFC06

With alot of work a managed to get some interesting stats about our team,our starting 11,about the midfield pairs and also about the back 4,and the 2 CB's

Personally for me its interesting to see that stats and to make my conclusions.

About our CM partnership:

Premiership                                               Europe                                             Cups(FA,League cup)

Games  Wins  Draws Loses                Games   Wins  Draws  Loses                    Games   Wins  Draws  Loses

Parker-Butt

18       5          4         9                         3          2          -           1                         1          -              -         1

Wins over Villa,Pool,Sheffield,Tottenham,Wigan.In Europe wins over Ventplis 1:0,AZ 4-2

Loses over  Villa,Bolton,Everton,Fulham(a),Man City,Man Utd,Boro,Shefield,Wigan

Draws against Arsenal(A),Charlton,Boro,West Ham

Premiership                                               Europe                                      Cups(FA,League cup)

Games  Wins  Draws Loses                Games   Wins  Draws  Loses                   Games   Wins  Draws  Loses

Butt-Emre     

6          3       2          1                        4          3        1        -                                 ---------------------

Wins over Blackburn,Reading,Watford.In Europe wins over Levadia,Palermo,Celta

Loses over Portsmouth

Draws against Chelsea,Arsenal.In Europe against Aintraht

Premiership                                             Europe                                      Cups(FA,League cup)

Games Wins  Draws Loses                Games   Wins  Draws  Loses              Games   Wins  Draws  Loses

Parker-Emre    9      2         3        4                         5           3        2          0                     1           1       --------------

Wins over Portsmouth,West Ham.In Europe wins over Lilestrom,Levadia,Fenerbahche

Loses over Bolton(h),Charlton,Fulham(h),Pool

Draws against Everton,Man City,Man Utd.Draws against Lilestrom(h),Ventplis(a)

Butt-Dyer   Spurs away+ Both games against Birmingam in the FA cup.The replay was more then  disastrous

Total:Parker-Butt=22played,7wins,4 draws,11 loses

Butt-Emre=10played,6wins,3 draws,1 lost

Parker-Emre=15played,6wins,5draws,4loses

Butt-Dyer=2played,0wins,1draw,1lost

From this stats its very debatable whether Butt-Emre partnership is better then Butt-Parker or Parker-Emre

I must admit though that the people who are claiming that Butt-Emre partnership is the best option in the moment because when we see Parker-Butt partnership has lost 11 games and the way this games have been lost(Man City,Shefield,Wigan,Boro)means that there is not enough creativity in that partnership

As far as the other partnership Parker-Emre the result are too different to make any real judgement.

Maybe at the moment our best CM partnership is Butt-Emre but that doesnt mean that like alot of people here are saying that Parker is s*** etc.etc.

We dont have to forget that our best game,or should i say our best half performance of the season against AZ came when the CM partnership was Butt-Parker  O0

Our back 4 problems

This season we used 33 different back 4's(Which in my opinion is absolutely shocking and i dont know any other club to did anything like this before.IMO thats one of the main reasons why we had so much poor results and didnt achieve anything.)

In the Premiership we used 25 different back 4's.From 35 games so far :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Its insane doesnt it???

We used  6 different players for the position at RB:

Solano=played 22 times at RB(10 wins,6 draws,6loses;in the Premiership the balance is 5-5-3;in the Uefa 4-1-1)

Carr=played 23 times at RB(9wins,5 draws,9loses;in the Premiership the balance is 3-3-9,in the Uefa cup 5-2-0)

Taylor=played 5times at RB(5 wins,1 draw,1loses;in the Premiership the balance is 1-1-1;in the Uefa cup 1-0-0)

Hunty=played 2 times at RB(1 win,1 lost;in the Premiership the balance is 1-0-1)

Edgar=played 1 game at RB(1 lost)

Ramage=played 1 game at RB(1 win)

So basically Solano has the better results when he was at RB then Carr.The only lost in Europe is from AZ.Carr didn have a lost game when he was at RB

We used 7 different players for the position at LB.Sounds crazy doesnt it??? :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Babayaro=played 20 times at LB(12 wins,3 draws,5 loses;In the Premiership the balance is 6-1-5;in the Uefa cup 4-2-0)

Ramage=played 13 times at LB(6 wins,3 draws,4 loses;In the Premiership the balance is 2-3-3;in the Uefa cup 4-1-0)

Huntington=played 7 times at LB(1 win,0 draws,6 loses;in the Premiership 1-0-3;Uefa cup 0-0-1;Cups 0-0-2)

Taylor=played 3 games at LB(0 wins,1 draw,2 loses;In the Premiership the balance is 0-1-2)

Duff=played 1 game as LB(1 lost)

Edgar=played 2 games at LB(2 draws)

Pattison=played 1 game at LB(1 win)

Its obvious from the stats(but im not sayting thats the only reason)that Huntington cant play at LB.Our defeats against AZ,Chelsea(league cup)and Birmingam 1:5 were when Hunty has played there.In his 7 games at LB we lost 6 and won 1.Thats speaks for itself really.

We used 6 players as CB(not including Edgar who came as sub against West Ham)

Taylor=played 33 games at CB(16 wins,8 draws,9 loses;in the Premiership 8-4-6;in the Uefa cup 7-3-1)

Bramble=played 29 games at CB(14 wins,8 draws,7 loses;in the Premiership4-5-6;in the Uefa cup 9-3-1)

Moore=played 20 games at CB(7wins,3 draws,10 loses;in the Premiership 3-3-10;in the Uefa cup 3-0-0)

Gooch=played 6 games at CB(2 wins,1 draw,3 loses)

Ramage=played 14 games at CB(5 wins,2 draws,7loses;in the Premiership 4-1-5;in the Uefa cup 1-0-0)

Hunty=played 5 games at CB(2wins,3 draws;in the Premiership 2-2-0;Cups 0-1-0)

Moore has the worst stats in the Premiership-10 loses.Imo the best 2 CB's we have at the moment are Taylor-Bramble

We played 10 different CB pairs in the Premiership:

Gooch-Taylor=played 1 game together(1 draw)

Bramble-Moore=played 8 games together(in the Premiership 1 win,3 draws,4 loses;in the Uefa cup 4 wins)

Taylor-Bramble=played 13 games together(in the Premiership 2 wins,1 draw;in the Uefa cup 6 wins,3draws,1 lost)

Ramage-Taylor=played 10 games together(in the Premiership 3 wins,3 loses;in the Uefa cup 2 wins,2 loses)

Gooch-Moore=played 1 game together(1 lost)

Bramble-Gooch=played 4 games together(1 wins,1 draw,2 loses)

Ramage-Moore=played 3 games together(1 win,2 loses)

Moore-Taylor=played 5 games together(1 win,1 draw,3 loses)

Taylor-Hunty=played 3 games together(2 wins,1 draw)

Ramage-Hunty=played 1 game together(1 draw)

Its obvious from the stats that Taylor-Bramble is the best CB's partnership we have at the moment.This season when they play at the heart of the defence they are unbeaten althought they played only 3 games together(Chelsea(h),Villa(h),Portsmouth(h)).They also have only 1 lost in the Uefa cup in 10 games.Against AZ...

Moore is pretty much s*** with everyone.Skirge said he is the best defender we have but i dont think so...

Our partnership Taylor-Ramage is pretty shocking too.The defeats from Birmingam 1:5 and Chelsea for the League cup came when they were at the heart of the defence.

Bramble and Moore from 8 games in the Premiership played together they have only 1 victory over Wigan at the start of the season.But its obvious that Bramble is not that s*** because with Taylor they are playing well enough.From 13 games=11 wins,1draw and 1 lost.Against AZ

Finally our back 4 with most performance together:

Carr-Moore-Bramble-Babayaro=5 times played together(Charlton 0:0,Sheffield 0:1,Wigan 2:1,Villa 0:2,Ventplis 1:0)

Carr-Moore-Bramble-Ramage=4 times played together(Bolton(h)1:2,Everton 1:1,Fulham(h)1:2,Levadia 1:0

Solano-Taylor-Bramble-Ramage=3 times played together(Celta 2:1,Aintraht 0:0,Portsmouth 1:0)

Solano-Ramage-Taylor-Hunty=3 times played together(Birmingam 1:5,Chelsea 0:1,Everton 0:3)

Solano-Taylor-Hunty-Edgar=2 times played together

Solano-Taylor-Bramble-Carr=2 times played together

Hunty-Ramage-Taylor-Babayaro=2 times played together

Carr-Moore-Taylor-Ramage=2 times played together

Solano-Taylor-Moore-Carr=2 times played together

This are the 9th with most performance together back 4 we played this season

They are also 24 more different back 4 we played this season but only for 1 game

This right here is the most shocking moment here.

Its not normal to use so many players for RB and for LB.To change every week the back 4 and to play different players there.Imo thats one of the reason why we were so s*** at the back and never looked like a team with style of play or something like this.

The other thing i want to mention is this:Taylor-Bramble before the AZ game didnt lose a game when they played together.Also Hunty has played some games at LB before the Az game and it was obvious that he is struggling there.Its Roeder's fault that he didnt change the team and play some other player there(Duff,Edgar).Also Taylor-Bramble did alwul that night against AZ but that was their first bad game together.Ultimately its not the players fault for the defeat against AZ,its Roeder's fault.He put the wrong 11 at the start,he chose the wrong tactic for the game,and when we were losing 2:0 he didnt try to change something.Complete idiot.

Hope this stats will be useful for everybody to make their conclusion about players and the manager too

Lots of effort there. I know what the out come will be but not exact figures but can you let me know how many goals have been leaked by each CB partnership?

I think the stats are 95% true

If there is some kind of mistake its because i might have confused some numbers,games,goals...

Bramble-Moore=10 goals in 8 games

Taylor-Bramble=9 goals in 13 games

Ramage-Taylor=18 goals in 10 games

Gooch-Moore=2 goals in 1 game

Bramble-Gooch=4 goals in 4 games

Ramage-Moore=4 goals in 3 games

Moore-Taylor=5 goals in 5 games

Taylor-Hunty=7 goals in 3 games

Ramage-Hunty=2 goals in 1 game

Lots of effort there. I know what the out come will be but not exact figures but can you let me know how many goals have been leaked by each CB partnership?

If there is some kind of mistake its because i might have confused some numbers,games,goals...

Taylor-Bramble=9 goals in 13 games    Best Partnership

Ramage-Taylor=18 goals in 10 games    Ouch

Taylor-Hunty=7 goals in 3 games  Ouch

Taylor in the most conceeding combo and in the least conceeding combo, difference being he plays better with Bramble.

Taylor in the most conceeding combo and in the least conceeding combo, difference being he plays better with Bramble.

But Hunty-Taylor partnership hasn't lost a game according to your stats and that's the main point IMO! Does that indicate that they can actually build some plays unlike Bramble just hoofing the ball up straight at opponent's keeper! From what I remember Nobby-Taylor-Hunty-Edgar back4 looked quite promising at the time.

Guest eltsacwen

Total:Parker-Butt=22played,7wins,4 draws,11 loses

Butt-Emre=10played,6wins,3 draws,1 lost

Parker-Emre=15played,6wins,5draws,4loses

Butt-Dyer=2played,0wins,1draw,1lost

So don't play Parker then!? Only two loses without him!

Stats like that are not exactly a good guide though really.

Why not exactly? Because they don't fit in with your suspicions?

Excellent piece of research NUFC06!

They are not a great guide as there are so many more paramiters to look at.

For example, how many of the games where Taylor and Ramage played was Harper in goal, Parker and Emre/Dyer in the middle and Luque on the left wing for example.

Also who were the games against etc etc

Stats in isolation make good reading, but are pretty meaningless really.

Bit like saying Shearer only scored 6 goals (made up number) in the 97/98 season.

Look at the bigger picture, he was injured until Feb

These stats obviously don't tell the whole story, but they are certainly an interesting starting point in discussing the merits or otherwise of Titus Bramble for our current squad. Maybe he's getting a little too much stick? Not saying we shouldn't try replacing him with somebody better if we can btw.. I would have no problem keping him as a squad player if he is willing to take a pay cut.

Stats like that are not exactly a good guide though really.

Why not exactly? Because they don't fit in with your suspicions?

Excellent piece of research NUFC06!

They are not a great guide as there are so many more paramiters to look at.

For example, how many of the games where Taylor and Ramage played was Harper in goal, Parker and Emre/Dyer in the middle and Luque on the left wing for example.

Also who were the games against etc etc

Stats in isolation make good reading, but are pretty meaningless really.

Bit like saying Shearer only scored 6 goals (made up number) in the 97/98 season.

Look at the bigger picture, he was injured until Feb

Well if you watch enough NUFC games then you would know like we all do that we have conceeded against shite championship teams and not let in much against top opposition. 

As for the bit who was in the team with them, its fairly errelivant this season as the crapper players have probably put in better performances.  We have never held the ball up in the top half weather it be Martins,Sibs or Dyer so they don`t count as a factor either.

But Hunty-Taylor partnership hasn't lost a game according to your stats and that's the main point IMO! Does that indicate that they can actually build some plays unlike Bramble just hoofing the ball up straight at opponent's keeper! From what I remember Nobby-Taylor-Hunty-Edgar back4 looked quite promising at the time.

From the stats i think Taylor-Hunty partnership can be successful in the future and this partnership is and can be more successful then the partnership between Taylor-Ramage for example.

Based on this stats we cant say why we werent successful they just can show you some statistics from our season so far.

For example imo this stats can show you that Huntington cant play as LB.When he played at LB 7 times this season we lost 6 of this games.Is that just coincidence or not...?I think its not and Roeder should have realised this before the AZ game.

Also Taylor-Hunty partnership played only 3 games together but we havent lost these games

Birmingam 2:2(FA cup)

Tottenham 3:1

Tottenham 3:2

Hunty can perform as CB but not as LB.

Also these stats showed that Taylor-Bramble partnership played 13 games together this season and lost only 1 game(against AZ).I think this is very interesting fact and if we have some decent and constant LB,RB they might be successful partnership too.

Nobby-Taylor-Hunty-Edgar back 4 played only 2 games together

Against Birmingam 2:2 and Man Utd 2:2.

Guest Jonny4Toon

Great research!!! you deserve recognition for doing this!!! Glenn Roeder himself could come on this site and use those stats as guidelines

Great research!!! you deserve recognition for doing this!!! Glenn Roeder himself could come on this site and use those stats as guidelines

Thanks  O0

I think if you take a good look at the stats you may find some interesting things like that Hunty played 7 games as LB and we lost 6 of them,also Bramble-Taylor played 13 games together as CB's and we lost only 1(against AZ)

Everyone can make their own conclusions reading that stats