Man City receive takeover bid

lovejoy

Guest WalkervilleMag

Obviously Ray Ranson is mad passionate about taking over Man City,  despite failing to take over Aston Villa, Leicester, Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton.

Obviously Ray Ranson is mad passionate about taking over Man City,  despite failing to take over Aston Villa, Leicester, Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton.

He was also rumoured to have been after us a while back.

Guest WalkervilleMag

exactly,  does not fill you with confidence that he has the best intrests of the club at heart, when he has been trying to buy any club on the market.

Obviously can see millions are to be maid with the new TV deal, so a £20 million transfer kitty, is nothing. 

exactly,  does not fill you with confidence that he has the best intrests of the club at heart, when he has been trying to buy any club on the market.

Obviously can see millions are to be maid with the new TV deal, so a £20 million transfer kitty, is nothing. 

Agreed, I don't think Man City will be making too many waves on the back of this.

Not that thrilled about this. There was an interview with him in one of the papers the other day (obviously a charm offensive as a prelude to this) where he sounded like a good guy but...

1) Not got that much money. Especially If Pearce isn't sacked as he'll spunk it all on shite.

2) We're the zillionth club he's tried to buy, not got City at heart even if he did play for us.

I suppose 2 would be minor considering I'm waiting for some American billionaire who has never even been to Manchester to buy us...but 1 is a pretty bid deal. With rediculously uncompetitive in the transfer market, I would have hoped a takeover would have led to more money than that. Altho I suppose if it results in us coming out of debt, we can actually play on the same field as everyone else (£20m headstart plus new TV deal?). Which would be nice but...potential takeovers, could be so much nicer...

EDIT: Further investigation leads me to think this isn't true. Shouldnt there be a statement from the club to the stock exchange saying theyve recieved an offer? There has been a statement, but it was only talking about negotiations and slapping Pearce on the wrist for borderline insider trading...

When he tried to buy us, there were those in the "anyone but Ellis" camp, and those who pointed out the fact that he didn't really have much cash behind him. I don't know if that has changed, or if he has a weighty consortium behind him this time, but you have to look at his serial attempts to buy a club and measure this up against his motives.

As regards the stock exchange announcement, with our takeover, they announced something along the lines of "we confirm we are in talks with a third party regarding a takeover of the club, which may or may not result in an offer". We then got no further announcements until it was a done deal practically.