Niall Quinn: Tyne/Wear derby the most passionate in England

Stevie

derbies that piss over tyne/wear derby imo (worldwide)

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Barca vs Real (even though its not really a derby)

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

thats from the top of my head.

Barca - Real is way more than a derby. Way bigger than anything we have in England, its about recent politics, oppression of a people, etc.etc.

Celtic - Rangers is biggest in Britain

Liverpool - Man U in England

Us - Mackems second

Boca - River worldwide

Im guessing due to poor stadiums and lax security quite a few of the other S.American derbies get a bit tasty. Feyenoord - Ajax does get a bit tasty at times. Van Persie got attacked by Ajax fans at a reserve match when at Feyenoord which is why he moved to England i remember reading somewhere.

Spurs - Arsenal never seems to be that bad.

That's because Arsenal have never really cared about Spurs for the past umpteen years as they've been so insignificant.  They care far more about their games with Man Utd.

pure rubbish tbh. Any true Gooner will tell you that the North London derby is the game they all get excited to and want to win the most. Never really cared about us?? like last season you mean?

I do agree if you speak to a lot of Arsenal fans they think Spurs fans are c***s, but for a few years I think they hated Man Utd more.  However, both Spurs and Arsenal fans are amongst the least passionate in British football, which basically equates to a piss poor derby atmosphere.

agreed that arse fans are boring c***s

hehe and most of your fans are from the same areas which the Arsenal fans are from.  Tell me a less passionate group of fans in England than Spurs, of all the clubs who get over 30,000.

Id say Arsenal are worse than Spurs fans just. Bunch of posh twats who sit on their hands the ones i know. Spurs not much better.

blackburn/burnley is another good one.

Aye they hate each other, but I get the impression Burnley fans are completely mental, and the place itself is one big Scotswood (nee offence HTT), while Blackburn fans seem completely reserved from my experience of the place, I'm hearing the Hovis tune in my head, but I'm sure they could turn nasty on derby day all the same.

Bradford v Huddersfield is very rarely mentioned, but in terms of deaths down the years at those fixtures I think it leads the way, bad thing that mind.

Guest kingdawson

can't speak onthe boca/river affair but what the others all have in common is "one city"...ours doesn't have that,to a large extent we don't mix,close examples would be liverpool/man utd or derby/forest....close enough to know each other well but far enough to stop it being rivalry and as has been touched onin another thread something that stretches way beyond football.

Exactly, but thick c***s can't see that.

Are you retarded?. Madras's comments neither agree nor disagree with your original post so why the hell are you going on as if he's backing you up?.

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

Barca - Real is way more than a derby. Way bigger than anything we have in England, its about recent politics, oppression of a people, etc.etc.

Us - Mackems second

Boca - River worldwide

Im guessing due to poor stadiums and lax security quite a few of the other S.American derbies get a bit tasty. Feyenoord - Ajax does get a bit tasty at times. Van Persie got attacked by Ajax fans at a reserve match when at Feyenoord which is why he moved to England i remember reading somewhere.

They're bigger clubs than Newcastle and Sunderland, Man Utd always will be probably, but I disagree.  It is intense Man Utd v Liverpool, and it's the biggest fixture in English football, but not the most intense derby.  How many times do you see Man Utd fans in their end at Anfield, nearly every fuckin season.  There'd be near deaths at the SOS, SJP, fuck the directors box.  I remember in the early 90's when there used to be toon in the Clock Stand Paddock, we'd score and it would look like something off Gangs of New York for aboot 15 minutes, plenty on here will remember those scenes. 

can't speak onthe boca/river affair but what the others all have in common is "one city"...ours doesn't have that,to a large extent we don't mix,close examples would be liverpool/man utd or derby/forest....close enough to know each other well but far enough to stop it being rivalry and as has been touched onin another thread something that stretches way beyond football.

Exactly, but thick c***s can't see that.

Are you retarded?. Madras's comments neither agree nor disagree with your original post so why the hell are you going on as if he's backing you up?.

The last sentence you tool

"has been touched onin another thread something that stretches way beyond football."

blackburn/burnley is another good one.

Aye they hate each other, but I get the impression Burnley fans are completely mental, and the place itself is one big Scotswood (nee offence HTT), while Blackburn fans seem completely reserved from my experience of the place, I'm hearing the Hovis tune in my head, but I'm sure they could turn nasty on derby day all the same.

Bradford v Huddersfield is very rarely mentioned, but in terms of deaths down the years at those fixtures I think it leads the way, bad thing that mind.

bradford/leeds is very spiteful aswell recently

That's because Arsenal have never really cared about Spurs for the past umpteen years as they've been so insignificant.  They care far more about their games with Man Utd.

pure rubbish tbh. Any true Gooner will tell you that the North London derby is the game they all get excited to and want to win the most. Never really cared about us?? like last season you mean?

I do agree if you speak to a lot of Arsenal fans they think Spurs fans are c***s, but for a few years I think they hated Man Utd more.  However, both Spurs and Arsenal fans are amongst the least passionate in British football, which basically equates to a piss poor derby atmosphere.

hehe and most of your fans are from the same areas which the Arsenal fans are from.  Tell me a less passionate group of fans in England than Spurs, of all the clubs who get over 30,000.

Id say Arsenal are worse than Spurs fans just. Bunch of posh twats who sit on their hands the ones i know. Spurs not much better.

Both s****.  When you meet someone for the first time you know in seconds if they're a c*** or not, my first time at WHL in 1993, made me realise how pathetic they are.  That was when "The Shelf" was there, there famous singing end, fuckin s****.  "We are Totnum soupah Totnum we are Totnum from the lyyyne" wanks.  Remember how s*** they were in the Semi at Old Trafford?  Not a patch on the blades the year before. 

When SJH banned the mackems at our place in response to Murray doing the same earlier in the season, there was a mackem jumped up and started celebrating behind us when Michael Gray scored. He was lucky he was near the end of the row because I think he'd probably have left in an ambulance otherwise.

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

Us - Mackems second

Boca - River worldwide

They're bigger clubs than Newcastle and Sunderland, Man Utd always will be probably, but I disagree.  It is intense Man Utd v Liverpool, and it's the biggest fixture in English football, but not the most intense derby.  How many times do you see Man Utd fans in their end at Anfield, nearly every fuckin season.  There'd be near deaths at the SOS, SJP, fuck the directors box.  I remember in the early 90's when there used to be toon in the Clock Stand Paddock, we'd score and it would look like something off Gangs of New York for aboot 15 minutes, plenty on here will remember those scenes. 

Aye true, im hoping it'll be Champs League final to see what fun & games will go on in Athens.

After living down south i never realised how much hatred there was between Pompey and Saints but not a patch on a few others like. Harry stirred it up something rotten with his dodgy antics n all.

Guest kingdawson

Both s****.  When you meet someone for the first time you know in seconds if they're a c*** or not, my first time at WHL in 1993, made me realise how pathetic they are.  That was when "The Shelf" was there, there famous singing end, fuckin s****.  "We are Totnum soupah Totnum we are Totnum from the lyyyne" wanks.  Remember how s*** they were in the Semi at Old Trafford?  Not a patch on the blades the year before. 

Oh ok so you measure passion on the quality of chants the club has or how loud they chant. If so our away fans are second to none tbh.

Guest kingdawson

Kingdawson, I'm still waiting for your reply.  I'll ask you again, of the clubs in England who generally get 30,000 or more, who has less passionate fans than Tottenham.

hoe the fuck do you measure passion?

Oh ok so you measure passion on the quality of chants the club has. If so our away fans are second to none tbh.

Your away fans pmsl  In fairness though all the London clubs away supports are shit apart from West Ham now and again.  You take a reduced allocation every year, sing "cam on you spurs" for 30 seconds, then that's it, intermitent half hearted "oww when da spurs gowww marchin in", I pity you to be honest.  The amount of fuckin women in your support as well, it must be 40% at least, absolutely pathetic.

Kingdawson, I'm still waiting for your reply.  I'll ask you again, of the clubs in England who generally get 30,000 or more, who has less passionate fans than Tottenham.

hoe the f*** do you measure passion?

People standing up and clapping behind the goal, like they've seen the final scene of Les Miserables on Shaftesbury Avenue, after a last minute equaliser against your nearest enemy, that's a good measure of passionless nobheads....i.e. the other Saturday.

Guest kingdawson

People standing up and clapping behind the goal, like they've seen the final scene of Les Miserables on Shaftesbury Avenue, after a last minute equaliser against your nearest enemy, that's a good measure of passionless nobheads....i.e. the other Saturday.

you're hilarious :rolleyes:. Try answering the question seriously rather then trying to be a comedian or dont bother asking me to answer any of your pathetic questions.

you're hilarious :rolleyes:. Try answering the question seriously rather then trying to be a comedian or dont bother asking me to answer any of your pathetic questions.

I ask the questions.  I ask you again, which English club who get more than 30,000 have less passionate fans than Tottenham?  You can't answer it can you hehehehe

Can't be measured properly. But generally noise and facial contortion would be a good sign.

Guest kingdawson

Can't be measured properly. But generally noise and facial contortion would be a good sign.

Thanks mate, im guessing Stevie the prat didnt know the answer himself hence him not answering my question properly. I notice he usually adopts this tactic when He's either totally wrong or just simply dosent have a clue.

Thanks mate, im guessing Stevie the prat didnt know the answer himself hence him not answering my question properly. I notice he usually adopts this tactic when He's either totally wrong or just simply dosent have a clue.

or it could be he just thinks your a cunt of course

I think it's fairly obvious that passion is something that's down to a matter of personal opinion, but which takes into account a number of things that affect a persons mood and behaviour, even going as far as the feeling in the area during periods of success and failure (mainily the day/night after games, but can be extended).

I would imagine a genuine desire to follow your team through thick and thin is a measure of passion: perhaps from a one-eyed view but one of the things that most exemplified passion in recent history imo was the performance of the NUFC fans at Cardiff when we were getting raped by Man U. I'm sure there have been many others by other teams, but you tend to remember things like that about your club more than others in my experience.

Just about to press post and I've thought of another - Celtic taking 100,000 (reportedly, iirc) fans out for the Waffa Cup final in Portugal(?). That to me is a display of passionate fans.

I think it's fairly obvious that passion is something that's down to a matter of personal opinion, but which takes into account a number of things that affect a persons mood and behaviour, even going as far as the feeling in the area during periods of success and failure (mainily the day/night after games, but can be extended).

I would imagine a genuine desire to follow your team through thick and thin is a measure of passion: perhaps from a one-eyed view but one of the things that most exemplified passion in recent history imo was the performance of the NUFC fans at Cardiff when we were getting raped by Man U. I'm sure there have been many others by other teams, but you tend to remember things like that about your club more than others in my experience.

Just about to press post and I've thought of another - Celtic taking 100,000 (reportedly, iirc) fans out for the Waffa Cup final in Portugal(?). That to me is a display of passionate fans.

Thought it was 60,000.  Besides, it's easy to go and follow a succesful club in an once in a lifetime European final is it not.  Certainly easier doing that than following the side when they were doing shit.