Alan Pardew

NE5

Been thinking for a while that he is growing in stature all the time.

He built the Reading team thats just pissed the 2nd division.

He's done brilliantly at West Ham.

Authoritive, and good in front of the cameras.

One to watch.

One to watch.

Not too sure, he has done a remarkable job for the hammers this season but its not all that long ago a lot of their fans wanted him out.

You did say one to watch though and I agree with that. Wouldnt take him now though too risky.

He probably won't ever be Newcastle manager because he's a cockney with no affinity with the club.

If he moves up, he'll move to a bigger Lundon club maybe. Just a gut feeling about him.

I don't rate him at all. Reckon West Ham will be just another midtable team with him... though it will be interesting to see how far he can take them in the uefa cup next year.

McLaren, Pardew, Allardyce, Curbishley, Coleman, O'Leary, Bruce, Moyes.

They are playing music chair you know. 1 year you take the focus the other year I enjoy the limelight. But possible they will never excel in the top echelon. So far defensive football ahve serve McLaren, Allardyce, Moyes and Curbishley right. Pardew has been praised this year for playing offensive football. Perhaps next year if Fulham have the lucks, their attacking football would be praised. If O'Leary sorts his team out he would be congratulated for sticking to his young guns attacking instinct even though when Villa are not doing well.

Manager Merry-go-around I say. And Newcastle would always be linked to the manager in limelight. How about Roeder? Does he belong to this group of medicore decent football manager? Maybe I am biased, I think Roeder is a cut above them. A small cut maybe, still a cut.

Guest Howaythetoon

One to watch.

Couldn't agree more. There is a canny article kicking about on the web somewhere profiling him and he's into all this modern stuff as well and will go to any length to improve himself, his players and his team he claims.

Very impressive. Tactically not the best and for a former defender his side's defending leaves a lot to be desired but he's only young and can improve those areas. I'll probably get slated for this but he reminds me of KK somehow and he's done a similar job at West Ham as the one KK did at Man City.

He and West Ham have a bright future.

One to watch.

Couldn't agree more. There is a canny article kicking about on the web somewhere profiling him and he's into all this modern stuff as well and will go to any length to improve himself, his players and his team he claims.

Very impressive. Tactically not the best and for a former defender his side's defending leaves a lot to be desired but he's only young and can improve those areas. I'll probably get slated for this but he reminds me of KK somehow and he's done a similar job at West Ham as the one KK did at Man City.

He and West Ham have a bright future.

lots of managers look good, in one job. Sometimes its a fluke and they just get lucky. But when they do it again, it isn't. Time will tell.

They are playing music chair you know. 1 year you take the focus the other year I enjoy the limelight. But possible they will never excel in the top echelon. So far defensive football ahve serve McLaren, Allardyce, Moyes and Curbishley right. Pardew has been praised this year for playing offensive football. Perhaps next year if Fulham have the lucks, their attacking football would be praised. If O'Leary sorts his team out he would be congratulated for sticking to his young guns attacking instinct even though when Villa are not doing well.

Manager Merry-go-around I say. And Newcastle would always be linked to the manager in limelight. How about Roeder? Does he belong to this group of medicore decent football manager? Maybe I am biased, I think Roeder is a cut above them. A small cut maybe, still a cut.

Exactly. Was only a month or two ago that there were numerous people calling for Stuart Pearce to be appointed here - "he has great passion", "hes came top of FA Classes", etc. Now he wouldnt be touched with a barge pole by someone like us, and itll probably be the same next season for Pardew once the expectancy gets high and West Ham start to slip.

Middlesbrough, Man City, Bolton, Blackburn (without their 1-man-team Bellamy), Norwich.

An OK cup run, West Ham and Pardew have done well for a promoted team, but nothing to get excited over. Souness did better with newly promoted Blackburn, League Cup + top 6 back when the league was alot stronger.

Exactly. Was only a month or two ago that there were numerous people calling for Stuart Pearce to be appointed here - "he has great passion", "hes came top of FA Classes", etc. Now he wouldnt be touched with a barge pole by someone like us, and itll probably be the same next season for Pardew once the expectancy gets high and West Ham start to slip.

Middlesbrough, Man City, Bolton, Blackburn (without their 1-man-team Bellamy), Norwich.

An OK cup run, West Ham and Pardew have done well for a promoted team, but nothing to get excited over. Souness did better with newly promoted Blackburn, League Cup + top 6 back when the league was alot stronger.

Do we have to mention that twat on here anymore?

Do we have to mention that **** on here anymore?

Yes - its important to remember that even one of the worst managers in the world can have a very good season or two and win a few cups along the way.

yes and no. I for one never advocated Pearce, for one reason it was too early in the season and in his career, and for another I just think he's taken over a decent improving team anyway that Keegan left him.

I said "Been thinking for a while that he is growing in stature all the time."...and also added later "lots of managers look good, in one job. Sometimes its a fluke and they just get lucky. But when they do it again, it isn't."

And its nothing to do with today, because you should NEVER appoint a manager simply on the back on a cup run.

Also take into account he comes across on TV as being authoritive, then that in my book equals serious potential. But as we said time will tell.  I think people like Dowie are nowhere near matching Pardew at the moment.

We aren't the right club for Pardew, he is too revolutionary, and became unpopular at West Ham for making tough and controversial decisions, which turned out to be the right decisions, although this was only noticeable in the long run.

The Newcastle fans, and Freddy Shepherd are unlikely to be as forgiving and patient as West Ham fans and the West Ham board.

Pearce is massively overrated.

Why? His City ALWAYS play good football. I always enjoy watching City rather than Charlton, Bolton, and even Newastle. Careless defense sometimes, inconsistencies sometimes, but overall an entertaining side which can overcome stubborn defense. The person himself is also a man, responsible and sporting. A bit emotional, that's all.

Why? His City ALWAYS play good football. I always enjoy watching City rather than Charlton, Bolton, and even Newastle. Careless defense sometimes, inconsistencies sometimes, but overall an entertaining side which can overcome stubborn defense. The person himself is also a man, responsible and sporting. A bit emotional, that's all.

We'll see next season. Man City have really tailed off into 15th position.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not one for this, but Pearce will never be better than an average manager IMO and will become out of his depth as a Premiership manager like so many before him I predict. I haven't seen one thing from him that makes him stand out or suggests he can be something special, quite the opposite in fact. If he become our next manager, It would be a crazier appointment than Souness who at least had a track record and some experience.

Hope he does well though as he's a top bloke. Just can't see what people are raving about but. If passion was the main criteria of management, we're all in the hat to manage Newcastle or England.

I agree, for some reason I can't see him lasting too long at man city.

Sometimes managers are the same as players, and its obvious early on if they have talent or not. When Forest went down and he was caretaker, he showed nothing then either. So there is no reason to think he will be any different, despite the press talking him up because they "like him". Which must be the case, because I can't see any other reason why they talk him up !

Behaving like a clown on the touchline, just for show, and being honest in the press doesn't make a good manager.

• 1 year later...

Oh dear. :lol:

How about Roeder? Does he belong to this group of medicore decent football manager? Maybe I am biased, I think Roeder is a cut above them. A small cut maybe, still a cut.

:D