Who's paying £40+ a month for SKY?

Crumpy Gunt

we cancelled, watch all games either on a big dish at the pub, or via internet streams. Getting a dish installed in the garden this summer.

make sure what you're doing,friend of mine got a motorised dish,bought the card for arabic stuff and what have ya,but will be unable to access it next season,changing satellites or something,even now there are fewer ganes on each week.

we cancelled, watch all games either on a big dish at the pub, or via internet streams. Getting a dish installed in the garden this summer.

make sure what you're doing,friend of mine got a motorised dish,bought the card for arabic stuff and what have ya,but will be unable to access it next season,changing satellites or something,even now there are fewer ganes on each week.

Cheers for the advice!

I think Art Sports showed more games this season, cos they added channels 5+6 to the card? I stand corrected like.

Sky £40 a month x 12 months = £480 (and each year after)

Dish Installed + Art Card = £350max (and £90 Art card each year after)

How much is the Showtime Arabia card gonna be? And still able to pick it up on a 'big dish'?

You'll need a whole new system as far as I'm aware. You'll also need to accomodate a 2m dish.

It'll also work out a couple of hundred quid more expoensive for set up.

I pay much more than 40 quid for Sky. I've got Sky+ and Multiroom, both of which are an extra 10 quid a month. It really is a fucking rip off.

My uncle has one of the above mentioned dodgy dish setups and watches pretty much all our games on some Arabian or Chinese channel, which is probably more cost effective than Sky, and more convenient than waiting for some shitty P2P stream to stop buffering.

I pay much more than 40 quid for Sky. I've got Sky+ and Multiroom, both of which are an extra 10 quid a month. It really is a f****** rip off

Sky Plus only costs £10 if you don't have at least two premium channels (Sky Sports 1/2, or two movies channels ect).  Surely you must have at least two premium channels to be paying that kind of money.

If you would want to watch on any foreign channels, I'd actually suggest Swedish channel plus. We get three or four different 3 o'clock saturday-kick offs and all the early, late, sunday and monday games.

Guest Brazilianbob

Don't you need planning permission to install a 2 metre dish in a UK garden? or are you all residing abroad.

I pay much more than 40 quid for Sky. I've got Sky+ and Multiroom, both of which are an extra 10 quid a month. It really is a f****** rip off

Sky Plus only costs £10 if you don't have at least two premium channels (Sky Sports 1/2, or two movies channels ect).  Surely you must have at least two premium channels to be paying that kind of money.

Ah, I stand corrected. Yes, we do have all the premium chanels.

Guest prestonj1989

How do you get hold of the cards, dishes etc for foregin channels to watch football on i.e. ART Sport

I pay much more than 40 quid for Sky. I've got Sky+ and Multiroom, both of which are an extra 10 quid a month. It really is a f****** rip off.

Are you sure you pay £10 extra for Sky +?

Multi-room, yes, but i don't pay any extra for Sky+!

That's already been cleared up.

I currently pay the £43/month or whatever it is these days for the full thing, plus the £50/year for Prem Plus.

Not bothered about paying it tbh, but i'm not happy about the Setanta bollocks next year. :undecided:

The confusion was, you used to have to pay 10 quid extra for Sky+, I didn't know that wasn't the case any more. Do they charge extra for HD?

Yes, the Setanta thing is the worst, as we're now going to have yet another supplier to pony up the cash to. Not good.

i quite like the new movie channel naming system though. Easier to cut through the dross and find the stuff I want to watch.

Personally I think it's a con. 2 movie channels showing the exact same films, 7 days a week.

Some of the channels have gone from being on 24 hours a day to half that.

Sky Cinema 1 & 2 have now gone and the shit that they used to screen is now being screened prime time across other channels.

I theory, changing the channels to what they did was a good idea, but not with the rubbish that's on them.