Its Roeder

lovejoy

I know the guy's done well, but this is a big mistake. Can he take us to the next level, doubt it. Another mediocre decision by a f****** mediocre club! Shepherd is a knob!

Anyway, good luck Glenn.

:)

Guest 3-1 NYD

Gutted, got a tip off last week,went straight to Betfair where he was trading @ 18.5/1, thought I'd wait for 20's,forgot about it,next time I looked he was something like 7's,decided to give it a miss!

Well what you've never had you've never missed?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why do you care so much Jol? :)

Because this fuka knows Spurs are going to pull away even further now. We will have no sway with big players, and Spurs are going to pick up the market that the top 4 dont want. Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

Answer is no to all of the above

Congratulations FS if this is true, you have well and truely fukd us over again!!!

Is betting still open?

aye, i just got 4/1

Well I might just pop over to Coral just around the corner as soon as I get into my clothes to offset my losses on Mancini.

bluelaugh.gif

You could do that, or you could spend the time editing all your "It's DEFINITELY Mancini" posts.

i think we could end up with an anal 'exclusive' this afternoon, unless it is announced officially before

Hold on, does that mean that you've been told by the Chronicle that there will be a Chronicle exclusive,or that they've been told directly by Shepherd that this is going to happen?

i think we could end up with an anal 'exclusive' this afternoon, unless it is announced officially before

Hold on, does that mean that you've been told by the Chronicle that there will be a Chronicle exclusive,or that they've been told directly by Shepherd that this is going to happen?

i have just had a call telling me its him

Why do you care so much Jol? :)

Because this fuka knows Spurs are going to pull away even further now. We will have no sway with big players, and Spurs are going to pick up the market that the top 4 dont want. Has Roeder got the bollox to pick the players up after a 4 game winless streak, will he terrify players, wil Owen stay.

Answer is no to all of the above

Congratulations FS if this is true, you have well and truely fukd us over again!!!

You're talking out of your *rse mate, Roeder has got everything needed to make him a top manager (apart from the final badge, so I'm not taking the rumour as gospel yet).

Here's what I first said over a month ago, I stick by it and I still reckon you've got yourself a winner this time around.

"Although I have met GR, it's never been close enough of long enough to honestly form an opinion of the guy although 'sour incompetent and no leader of men', sour yes, the other two no.

I've met him on 3 occasions, once to talk to for about 5/10 minutes, plus a couple of fleeting 'hello, well played'.  Also overheard him when he was the West Ham youth coach in matches against the Spurs kids.  He struck me as very ambitious, very positive and very perceptive, going on to the spanners kids about shortcomings in the Spurs kids that I hadn't really been aware of but when he said it, you could see what he meant.  Always seemed to be a great motivator, getting more out of some than was really there, it was easy to see why man management is thought to be one of his strengths. 

Most of what I knew about him came from Glenn Hoddle, who I know well.  Hoddle wanted Roeder on the coaching staff when he went to Spurs in addition to Hughton, and it was Hoddle that appointed him to the England coaching setup when he was manager, at that time Roeder was still the West Ham youth coach. Hoddle will talk to anyone for hours on end about tactics and training methods and was obviously well impressed with Roeder's thinking. The fact that Roeder held a low profile job wouldn't have made any difference, Hoddle appointed Peter Taylor to be the u21 coach when Taylor was manager of Dover Athletic.

Hoddle told me that Roeder was one of the strongest minded and ambitious people he knew in football, maybe that surprised me a bit because he doesn't strike me as having that sort of mentality, very knowledgeable and perceptive undoubtedly, but not strongminded, not in the Fergie style anyway.  When you remember that Hoddle is really thick with Wenger, his comments about Roeder are a big compliment.  Reading between the lines, I think Hoddle rates Roeder higher than Taylor from the coaching perspective, even though Taylor got the higher profile job, I may be wrong, but I don't think so.  There's no doubt he was unlucky at West Ham having both Di Canio and Kanoute out for 6 months, losing your 2 best strikers and not being given money to replace them would hurt any team.  Terry Brown, the spanners chairman, is tighter with his money than Doug Ellis and when they got hit with injuries, and no money to get replacments in, they went down.  I never saw that as relegation brought on by Roeder, simply self inflicted by Brown.

The one area of management he's never really been tested on in signing new players, but I would guess with his ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in players, I don't think that would be a problem. "