Which fans are the noisiest in England???

NUFC06

I remember when  Leicester were in the Premiership i read an article where they said they were the noisiest fans in the Premiership when they played at Filbert Street(only 21,500 capacity)

Can every person who lives in England tell their personal experience and opinions about that?

At what ground the atmosphere was the noisiest and which fans are making the noisiest atmosphere during home/away games?

Also in games outside of England?

Guest smoggeordie

Winsor Park when Northern Ireland play... cracking atmosphere

:lol: Read the thread title numbnuts

"Also in games outside of England?"

;) numbnuts

Messing with you, numbnets tbh ;)

Everyone thinks they are the noisiest away fans, but going on my experience at our home matches this season, the noisiest away fans were Man United, followed very closely by Spurs. Man U win it though for range of songs, although they're the most obnoxious c***s we see all season.

West Ham were odd, brought plenty but were very quiet, this was a couple of months ago when the realisation that they were doomed was setting in, and you could sense an air of massive apprehension about them.

Liverpool were very, very quiet, but the match in question was one of the worst I've seen in 30 years, so I'm not really surprised.

Incidentally, I'm also deducting appreciation points for Watford, Everton and Arsenal, all of whom brought a decent following, but all of whom ruined it by sitting all the way through.

Oh, and nobody has pointed it out, but there must be pretty much no ground in the premiership these days where people don't say "its like a morgue these days" and where the away fans don't make more noise. Bring back (safe) standing.

Everyone thinks they are the noisiest away fans, but going on my experience at our home matches this season, the noisiest away fans were Man United, followed very closely by Spurs. Man U win it though for range of songs, although they're the most obnoxious c***s we see all season.

West Ham were odd, brought plenty but were very quiet, this was a couple of months ago when the realisation that they were doomed was setting in, and you could sense an air of massive apprehension about them.

Liverpool were very, very quiet, but the match in question was one of the worst I've seen in 30 years, so I'm not really surprised.

Incidentally, I'm also deducting appreciation points for Watford, Everton and Arsenal, all of whom brought a decent following, but all of whom ruined it by sitting all the way through.

Oh, and nobody has pointed it out, but there must be pretty much no ground in the premiership these days where people don't say "its like a morgue these days" and where the away fans don't make more noise. Bring back (safe) standing.

Can you tell me how much Man Utd supporters travels at the away games and which teams have the most support when they are at the away games

I know that our fans are pretty much about 2000-3000 at every away game

What about the Liverpool fans?

How are they at Anfield?

From what i've seen on TV they are pretty noisy and the atmosphere is great with all the flags and scarfs

Can you tell me how much Man Utd supporters travels at the away games and which teams have the most support when they are at the away games

I know that our fans are pretty much about 2000-3000 at every away game

What about the Liverpool fans?

How are they at Anfield?

From what i've seen on TV they are pretty noisy and the atmosphere is great with all the flags and scarfs

To be honest, most clubs other than the really small fry (Wigan, Charlton, Fulham) bring decent quantities to Villa Park, but I'm aware that's probably different at SJP for geographical reasons.

Incidentally, for those of you that usually travel to VP to see Newcastle play us, you'll be glad to hear that next year you won't be behind the goal in the most cramped seats in the Premiership, that is being given to home fans, you'll be in the Witton Lane lower and upper,  basically the overspill section away fans get already plus the bit above.

Man United bring the full allocation, of course. This year teams that have done this have been your lot, Man U, Arsenal, Watford, Liverpool, Chelsea (only just about, mind), Spurs, West Ham, Reading (first game of the season, memory stretched, but I may be wrong).

The worst turnouts were Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan, Charlton and Bolton. In terms of lowest numbers, I actually counted the Blackburn fans and there were around 150.

the main reason for that is I would say we and them two teams always stand away from home which helps a lot tbh!

Not just those two clubs, there are a number of clubs who are persistent standers, you, us, the Mancs, Liverpool, Spurs. As per the other thread, this is all going to come to a head soon - reduced allocations and so on. Stewards in our match at Boro the other week were chucking people out at random for standing. We'll see more of that.

But I would say the teams I named are the ones who stand EVERY GAME and the teams who have the whole away section standing all the time, am sure quite a lot of Spurs fans this season sat at St James. Boro and Spurs stewards are the biggest dicks in the Prem really the only ground's you get hassle to sit am told.                   

Haven't been to an away game for a fair few years so won't comment on us but the only team who sing constantly all through the game are Man U, most others start well then fade to nowt, chirping up when they score or come out with that golden 'shall we sing a song for you' great. Mind you, we've probably sang that away as well like.

But I would say the teams I named are the ones who stand EVERY GAME and the teams who have the whole away section standing all the time, am sure quite a lot of Spurs fans this season sat at St James. Boro and Spurs stewards are the biggest dicks in the Prem really the only ground's you get hassle to sit am told.                   

The ones I mentioned stand every game, too.

Yes, Spurs also gave our lot hassle this year, forcing them to sit, ejections etc. It really is absolute pot luck these days depending on which ground you go to.

I wonder if any travelling fans have bother at SJP. You hear the odd story...

I got chased across what seemed like half of the city centre after watching us up there in about 87.

I also saw a Toon fan put a brick in a Villa supporting girl's face from point blank range, same year.

I'm guessing things have changed since.

Although, I'll say this, nothing in the north east compared to being an away fan at Ayresome Park in the 1980s. Horrible, intimidating place.

I wonder if any travelling fans have bother at SJP. You hear the odd story...

I got chased across what seemed like half of the city centre after watching us up there in about 87.

I also saw a Toon fan put a brick in a Villa supporting girl's face from point blank range, same year.

I'm guessing things have changed since.

Although, I'll say this, nothing in the north east compared to being an away fan at Ayresome Park in the 1980s. Horrible, intimidating place.

Scary stuff there, mate. 

The best away fans in England - Us, Mancs and Liverpool and the main reason for that is I would say we and them two teams always stand away from home which helps a lot tbh!

The best home fans - Spurs and pompey!

I wouldn't be so sure about Spurs, like. I've been to WHL a fair few times as it hasn't been too tough to get tickets in the home end over the years (live in the south) and even been to a couple of school organised trips for next to nothing, been pretty quiet in my experience. Last time I was there was the 2-0 capitulation under Souness and the whole game was eerily quiet. We were made to sit all game as well.

What about the football hooligans?

Can someone explain me why when english fans go to matches in England they dont do any vandalism or hooligans acts but when they go abroad they are famous with their fights,vandalism acts and stuff like that

Is the only reason why they dont do it in England because of the hard laws about vandalism and hooligans or is there another reason?

I know that in the past some 20 years ago football hooligans were most popular in England and i've seen some pretty scary scenes at football games and outside the ground too

But now i think the situation is different

What is the laws about football hooligans and vandalism?

Can someone express their opinions about that?