Message for fans travelling to Reading

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Reading (A) - Info For NUFC Fans

NEWCASTLE United has been asked by Reading FC to reproduce the following statement for fans travelling to Monday's game at the Madejski Stadium:

"If Newcastle United supporters stand up persistently throughout tonight's game, the Football Licensing Authority has told Reading FC to reduce the allocation of tickets to Newcastle United in the future.

This will affect your fans because fewer Newcastle United supporters will be able to attend.

It makes sense to sit down because it is safer, and your children and disabled fans can see the match as well as fit adults.

So if you care about Newcastle United, for the sake of your fellow fans and your own team, please remain seated during this evening's game."

Newcastle United understands Reading will be getting leaflets printed containing this information for Monday's game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feck arf!

Guest smoggeordie

Stuff them.  Standing is half of what makes away games so good.

They usually bottle it anyway

QFT

To be honest, they are only thinking of the kids.

If adults stand up, the kids wiill have to stand up to see, and that means that Dave wont be able to see with the gang of four year old kids in front of him.

;)

Guest TheOrder

If adults stand up, the kids wiill have to stand up to see, and that means that Dave wont be able to see with the gang of four year old kids in front of him.

;)

Gerraway man. Away games- Stand up.

If you don't like, don't go the away games.

Well Man Utd utd stand up every away game.

You dont hear other clubs commenting on them jus because there man ure.

Thats one of the things that make away games so good- the standing.

Got asked to sit at blackburn and everton this season and before they had even finished telling us to sit down a cry arose of "stand up if you love the toon " O0

;)

Did you read beyond the first line? If you did, you should have realised that I wasn't being serious.

Well Man Utd utd stand up every away game.

You dont hear other clubs commenting on them jus because there man ure.

That's not strictly true. Apparently we've reduced Man U's allocation next season following the Cup semi final. More clubs are going to try this.

The one thing that could possibly make the atmosphere at Prem games even worse - reducing away allocations. Brilliant.

Guest TheOrder

;)

Did you read beyond the first line? If you did, you should have realised that I wasn't being serious.

Sorry, I can't be arsed with 'in' jokes.

;)

Sorry, I can't be arsed with 'in' jokes.

You were arsed enough to pipe the fuck up about it.  Aye?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Standing makes an away game, you dont want to sit on your arse travelling there and spend 90mins doing the same when you get there.

Nonsense!

;)

I've been a regular at away games since i was 6 and have had no problems.  I just stood on my chair.

And as i said, they'll bottle it.  Charlton said they'd reduce and they actually increased.  Unless they can sell them to their lot, we'll get them

Guest micmania1

An email I sent eariler to the football authorties who made this decision - not Reading.

Subject: Thanks for the free knapkins at Reading.

I hear there is a McDonalds near Readings stadium so it is very nice of you to throw in complimentry knapkins/leaflets warning us to sit down for every visiting fan.

The reason to why you want to make us sit down for a total 18 hours straight baffles me. Yes we really do have to travel aswell. We don't just appear. If your on a long flight, what do the flight attendants advise you to do? Thats right, stand up and have a walk about. Why? Because it is unhealthy to stay seated for a long period of time and can damage your legs aswell as your back.

Your choice to make us sit is based on the OPINON OF A NON-MATCH-GOING "fan" who never has been and never will sit/stand in a seated area while supporting your team, something you have travelled to do.

Did Lord Justice Taylor say that standing at football matches was safe after the Hillsborough disaster? I think you'll find he did.

Now i've proven your decision could not be in the interest of health and safety I will now tackle the other issue, with ease.

For a start, disabled supporters have there own area at the front or in the side stand so your "well reserched fact" is nothing but a white-faced lie. They love an atmosphere, something that can only be created when we are in the right mood. When we are showing are support with actions and standing rather than sitting down like a mindless Football Licensing Authority employees.

Kids cannot see the game? This is definately another one of your "well researched facts." If a child or disabled member can't see the pitch, why do they repeatedly turn up? If people were standing and I couldn't see, which was very rare, i'd stand on the seat or at the end of the row and look down the stairs. If the seat can't support a childs weight then it is as unsafe as an adult sitting on it. I never had a problem moving to the end of the row or even swapping with people at the front because they understand the situation. Yes, supporters can think for themself.

If any of the above are incorrect, then why do Liverpool who stand, Man Utd who stand and us who stand all have the greates away following? How many of these clubs have had fans injured as a result of standing? None. How many of these clubs have had fans injured and in Liverpool's case killed because of poor crowd control? Both Liverpool and Man Utd. Now you inexperienced liars are interfeering with our matches, I fear for mine and many other fans' safety.

Something I find bizarre is that it is supposedly unsafe to stand at football matches but totally safe to stand at concerts ironicly taking place in a football ground. Why is that? Wait a second, no need to answer that one. I don't need to be told a pack of lies to cover the fact you are up-tight, and are totally dedicated to fixing non-existant problems.

Because I travel to every game and this affects me greatly, I'll expect nothing less than an honest, sincere reply.

For 90 minutes we were told to sit at Tottenham and for 90 minutes we stood. We have had our allocation reduced at Middlesbrough and have had a cut allocation for the past two years. At least this leaflet will make good toilet paper, and I sincerely thank you. I truely will cherish the moment I use it.

Kind regards,

Michael

I know I won't get a reply but it's worth a shot! We also got told we would get our allocation reduced for Liverpool. Its the councils doing this - not the club. Sunderland do it aswell although they wouldn't do it to us because we would sit in there end and there would be more trouble.

At tottenham we got told to sit down for the full game non-stop. The 1st half was mainly us singing stand up if you love the toon and in the second half eveolved into Newcastle United will never be seated.

Just hope all the cockneys going to reading dont give in. Afterall if it does get reduced, they are the people who will struggle to get a ticket.