Message for fans travelling to Reading

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Tanzo

This exercise by the authorities trying to make away fans sit, is all part of the strelisation of real football supporters. They want more families and ethnic minorities turning up, and not those rough working class lads who sing and dance and enjoy themselves without a care in the world.

The arguement of standing being unsafe is unfounded. There has been no substantial evidence whatsoever, yet it's continually spouted, and accepted, by un-educated idiots.

The arguement of the elderly and children, not being able to see is fair, so stick them at the front so they can sit, leave the hardcore behind to stand. Give people a choice.

Anyone who prefers the choice of standing, and yet is unable to exercise this choice, might be interested in www.standupsitdown.co.uk

Guest Southern Geordie

What a joke! Spurs were meant to be supposedly strict though about persistant standing and we stood up all game no worries. Should be ok hopefully, don't wanna be sitting down especially as I'm front row!

Guest smoggeordie

Just talking to my Sheff Wed supporting mate. He reckons Reading are spot on and says all Sheff Wed fans sit at away games. Apparently they "pay for the seat and not to sing with their friends" :lol:

Guest lozz2601

Ugh. On behalf on RFC fans, I'd like to apologise. Just because they brainwash us doesn't mean they should away fans. I think Newcastle support is the best around and if everyone is made to sit down the atmosphere can't be the same.

Stupid PC brigade.

Oh, and person that sent the email? If you get a reply you are lucky, customer service is v. poor.

Guest Southern Geordie

Ugh. On behalf on RFC fans, I'd like to apologise. Just because they brainwash us doesn't mean they should away fans. I think Newcastle support is the best around and if everyone is made to sit down the atmosphere can't be the same.

Stupid PC brigade.

Oh, and person that sent the email? If you get a reply you are lucky, customer service is v. poor.

What have they been like with other away fans generally mate?

To be honest, they are only thinking of the kids.

If adults stand up, the kids wiill have to stand up to see, and that means that Dave wont be able to see with the gang of four year old kids in front of him.

;)

Gerraway man. Away games- Stand up.

If you don't like, don't go the away games.

Go to most away games with "the lads" and happy to stand up. It's just the done thing and never really think of sitting down. Don't know why we stand though. We don't stand at home so why stand away? Are we trying to make the home fans think we're mental and we are mad 'cause we stand up?

I take the bairn away to games occasionally. When i do, it would be nice to choose to take her in an area where we could just see the game without having to hold onto her while she stands on a wobbly seat. I think in Germany you've got certain grounds with both terraces and seated areas. That would surely cater for everyone.

As for "don't go to away games if you don't like it", why should away grounds be no go areas for kids because they can't see? If the kids don't go to the games now, who's going to go in the future?