Season tickets, the inevitable rise !

PCW1983

Well its that time again, yip its renewal time. 

Now we all know how Freddy loves the media attention so im guessing that if he was going to either  lower or freeze ticket prices he would have announced it when The Sun 's pricing campaign was in full flow. 

My mate told me Man U have put theirs up by 15%.  :idiot2:  The question i ask is, how much do you think ours will go up by ???:undecided:

The problem is that here we have some fantastic fans who are ready to buy the season tickets at any price (and some others who will buy it because they think/know that there opinion is stronger when you go to games )

So even if the fat basterd put up the season ticket price by 30% i am sure they will sell out.

Well its that time again, yip its renewal time. 

Now we all know how Freddy loves the media attention so im guessing that if he was going to either  lower or freeze ticket prices he would have announced it when The Sun 's pricing campaign was in full flow. 

My mate told me Man U have put theirs up by 15%.   :idiot2:  The question i ask is, how much do you think ours will go up by ???:undecided:

I think there was an item last weekend on Football Focus saying that of those announced Spurs were the only ones to have upped their prices.  A fella from the Spurs Supporters Trust was on moaning about it by all accounts.  Only heard about it like, I was at WHL for the NLD so I missed it.

A lot of clubs are reducing their season ticket prices due to the unexpected windfall of the new overseas TV deal. They are passing on this stroke of luck, financially, to the loyal fans who turn up week in, week out by reducing season ticket prices. Sadly, given the perilous nature of the current finances of NUFC, I can't see Shepherd following suit.  :rolleyes:

Guest nufc_geordie

All Shepherd sees are the big £££££££££ infront of his eyes. He is probably thinkingthis is going to pay for his yearly subscription of pasties!

A lot of clubs are reducing their season ticket prices due to the unexpected windfall of the new overseas TV deal. They are passing on this stroke of luck, financially, to the loyal fans who turn up week in, week out by reducing season ticket prices. Sadly, given the perilous nature of the current finances of NUFC, I can't see Shepherd following suit.   :rolleyes:

A lot of Clubs know there supporters are pissed off with the knowledge that they'll only ever be an also ran so to encourage supporters to renew rather than walk away they are dropping their price.

NUFC supporters will be thinking exactly the same so should Fred have the lunatic idea of raising prices he'll make a lot of supporters (the undecided) choice for them

I would be very surprised if their was a season ticket price rise, although i wouldn't expect a price drop either. Fat Fred knows that with most other mid-table teams dropping theirs Newcastle can't raise their own.

Guest killers_perm

fat fred ain't no mug when it comes to trying to play the paying punters, he's had plenty of practise -  :uglystupid2:

I reckon he won't announce anything until he knows for sure we are/aren't in the intertoto then it will be a price freeze which will be wrapped up in propoganda to suggest it is 'in real terms' a reduction against the basic rate of inflation.

then he will go all out with statements about there being ££££M available for team rebuilding and Owen being fit again in the hope he can cloud the issue that we will just be throwing good money after bad, get the usual 42k renewals and then sit back for another 9 months, job done.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I wont be renewing if Roeder is still in charge come the summer anyways, so he can stick any sort of discount or  increase up his arse!

Guest Kenton Magpie

Wouldnt bother me, it would be a gap in my weekend plans but i cant gear myself up and get passionate about Newcastle the way i used to. It's not down to getting older its because the standard of football is poor and I cant see what Roeder is going to do different next season as it has been identifed in numerous games this season that he is inept and a bottler

Guest Gemmill

Wouldnt bother me, it would be a gap in my weekend plans but i cant gear myself up and get passionate about Newcastle the way i used to. It's not down to getting older its because the standard of football is poor and I cant see what Roeder is going to do different next season as it has been identifed in numerous games this season that he is inept and a bottler

Pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment as well.  Part of me thinks I should just renew, but then I just keep thinking why the fuck should I support his ineptitude and that of his boss with my 600 notes?  It's like a downpayment on misery - you give them your money at the start of the season, and they repay you with fortnightly bursts of mediocrity.

Pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment as well.  Part of me thinks I should just renew, but then I just keep thinking why the fuck should I support his ineptitude and that of his boss with my 600 notes?  It's like a downpayment on misery - you give them your money at the start of the season, and they repay you with fortnightly bursts of mediocrity.

oh dear. You obviously wouldn't have the stomach for a real shite board and team Gem, just like all those who you think have always supported the club when we did ...... you know, that glory era where we fighting for the 2nd division relegation trophy instead of playing in europe.

Great fans, these fans of NUFC. The most loyal in the world, unless they suffer the mediocrity of playing regularly in europe and buying top international footballers, they won't go.

Top post mate. Maybe some of you will hop over to the SOS if they do better than our mediocrity.

A tip for you. If you want an excuse for not going, why not pick up on the fact that the season tickets are going to be in the form of swipe cards, meaning if you miss a game you can't sell the ticket unless its to someone who you trust will give you the card back ?

Top post mate. Maybe some of you will hop over to the SOS if they do better than our mediocrity.

A tip for you. If you want an excuse for not going, why not pick up on the fact that the season tickets are going to be in the form of swipe cards, meaning if you miss a game you can't sell the ticket unless its to someone who you trust will give you the card back ?

fuck off, you can't tell the guy how he should feel about the fucking club. As far as the mediocrity goes, its more the distinct lack of effort shown by the players and the simply stunning tactical nouse shown by Roeder than the actual achievements or league positions imo. Never even mind Mr.Greggs.

fuck off, you can't tell the guy how he should feel about the fucking club. As far as the mediocrity goes, its more the distinct lack of effort shown by the players and the simply stunning tactical nouse shown by Roeder than the actual achievements or league positions imo. Never even mind Mr.Greggs.

Nice.

What I say is fact though, hard luck if it doesn't suit you, I'm afraid.

Rumours of a 5% reduction were doing the rounds a while back which equates to one free game at this seasons prices or dropping the price back to last seasons level.

swings and roundabouts isn't it.

We all want to pay less, but we all want better performance and better players, or more money spent on better players.

Its got to come from somewhere.

Its no use people moaning if the club doesn't buy quality players if they are not prepared to pay for it. The vast majority of the ground isn't particularly expensive within premiership prices. Yes, some clubs are cheaper, and some clubs are more expensive.

It's also too expensive for some people. If someone lives outside Newcastle, its more expensive again, especially if they live a distance outside Newcastle or even the North East.

This problem is far deeper ranging than NUFC's ticket prices.

Guest Gemmill

oh dear. You obviously wouldn't have the stomach for a real shite board and team Gem, just like all those who you think have always supported the club when we did ...... you know, that glory era where we fighting for the 2nd division relegation trophy instead of playing in europe.

Great fans, these fans of NUFC. The most loyal in the world, unless they suffer the mediocrity of playing regularly in europe and buying top international footballers, they won't go.

I didn't say I wouldn't go dicksplash, I said I wouldn't renew.  So get down off your high horse eh, there's a good loyal fan. 

Fact is you would accept anything you get served up because "it's better than it used to be" - it's nothing to do with loyalty, it's because you're a brainless idiot that is Shepherd's dream fan.  I have other things in my life to occupy my time and money beside a football team, and I'm not stupid enough to hand over money for a season ticket (particularly if there's a price rise) following the shit we've been served up the last few seasons - we are going backwards fast, everyone but you can see it, and I'm not about to blindly support it with my hard earned.  You'll turn up as usual with a big vacant grin on your face, happy with the shit that your hero keeps serving up.  That's up to you.  I don't have to renew to keep the likes of you happy.

Guest Gemmill

Rumours of a 5% reduction were doing the rounds a while back which equates to one free game at this seasons prices or dropping the price back to last seasons level.

We all want to pay less, but we all want better performance and better players, or more money spent on better players.

Its no use people moaning if the club doesn't buy quality players if they are not prepared to pay for it. The vast majority of the ground isn't particularly expensive within premiership prices. Yes, some clubs are cheaper, and some clubs are more expensive.

It's also too expensive for some people. If someone lives outside Newcastle, its more expensive again, especially if they live a distance outside Newcastle or even the North East.

The problem is far deeper than just providing a nice transfer kitty too.  Although this is beyond your comprehension as we've proved time and again.

The problem is far deeper than just providing a nice transfer kitty too.  Although this is beyond your comprehension as we've proved time and again.

Indeed. An accountant like you, is just the sort of person who should have known the repercussions of Souness selling our best players for a pittance, and going on a wild spending spree to replace them. Sadly, you didn't have the comprehension to see that, did you.

Indeed. An accountant like you, is just the sort of person who should have known the repercussions of Souness selling our best players for a pittance, and going on a wild spending spree to replace them. Sadly, you didn't have the comprehension to see that, did you.

iirc he did send freddy a txt, but Freddy was too stubborn to listen.