Luxembergo.

Optimistic Nut

Makes Wenger & Mourinho's rants at refs look timid.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

RIO DE JANEIRO, April 25 (Reuters) - Santos coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has been handed a 60-day touchline ban for accusing a referee of flirting with him during a match.

The former Real Madrid and Brazil coach made the remark after his team lost 3-1 to Sao Paulo in the Paulista championship on April 2.

"He was flirting with me," said Luxemburgo during the post-match media conference. "He blew his whistle and looked at me with every decision he made....Maybe it was because of my pink shirt."

Luxemburgo was unhappy with some of referee Rodrigo Martins Cintra's decisions, including the sending-off of central defender Luis Alberto.

Santos, who went on to win the Paulista championship, said they would appeal against the decision made by a disciplinary tribunal on Monday night.

Just so everyone knows this is a very serious accusation in a Country where being gay is still illegal and gay rights activists are often killed in very grizzly ways.

Cheers, ignore my post above then.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ridzuan

Accusing of flirting and gets a 60 day touchline ban?? Unbelievable. :lol: The referee might be gay but of course nowadays,they always get protected.